List your furs.

furrycocoon

I know we had a post running a little while ago that listed eveyones furs,but an update would be interesting.I'll start off by naming my quality not quantity collection which consists of a full length Canadian Lynx,a full length crystal fox and a luscious chinchilla mitt for massaging.Hope to hear from a lot of you.There a lot of you that makes us green with envy.

Here's my updated list:

Coats:

Silver fox

Crystal fox

Coyote

Fisher, medium brown

Fisher, dark brown

Ranch mink

Finn raccoon

Raccoon

Jackets:

Ranch mink

Mahogany mink

Accessories:

Fisher hat

Ranch mink hat

Ranch mink scarf

To avoid redundancy, I will pick up my list where it left off on the list your furs 4:

108.Crystal White Fox Jacket

109.Golden Sable Sections Jacket

110.Blush Fox F/L Coat

111.Canadian Lynx F/L Coat

112.Coyote Shadow Fox Parka

113.Lined Silver Fox Hooded F/L Coat

114.Coyote Notched Collar Stroller

115.Rabbit Coyote Jacket

116.Blush Fox Jacket

117.Golden Island Fox Vest

118.Canadian Lynx 3/4 Coat

119.Red Fox Cross Cut Collar F/L Coat

120.Blue White Fox Parka

121.American Grey Red Fox F/L Coat

122.Blonde Finnish Raccoon F/L Coat

123.Red Fox Stand-Up Collar Jacket

124.Shadow Fox Finn Raccoon 3/4 Coat

125.Scarlet Beaver Vest

126.New Zealand Opossum F/L Coat

127.Silver Fox F/L Coat

128.Indigo Fox Wrap

129.Raccoon 3/4 Swing Coat

130.Blush Fox F/L Coat

131.Coyote Arctic Fox Parka

132.Polar Raccoon F/L Coat

133.Coyote Leather Sleeve Vest

134.Whisky Mink Tails F/L Coat

135.Blonde Beaver Crystal Fox Stroller

136.Cat Lynx Stroller

137.Crystal Fox Banded Jacket

138.Bassarisk Cape Collar Swing Coat

139.Sable Dyed Fitch Swing Coat

140.Golden Sable Sections Swing Coat

141.Emerald Dyed Raccoon Fox F/L Coat

142.Raccoon 3/4 Coat

143.Coyote Jacket

144.Lynx Dyed Fox Sections Parka

145.Sapphire Mink Tails Fox Stroller

146.Lined Coyote Hooded F/L Coat

147.Dark Finnish Raccoon F/L Coat

148.Lined Red Fox Hooded F/L Coat

149.Coyote Hooded 3/4 Coat

150.Cat Lynx White Fox Jacket

151.Mink Skin-on-Skin Blanket

152.Canadian Lynx Shawl Collar F/L Coat

153.Red Fox Trumpet F/L Coat

154.Cross Fox 3/4 Coat

155.Arizante Silver Fox 3/4 Hooded Coat

156.Lynx Dyed Fox Vest

157.Black Mink Fox 3/4 Coat

158.Harvest Gold Nutria Fox F/L Coat

159.Black Mink Trumpet Swing Coat

160.Manzari Russian Lynx F/L Coat

161.Raccoon Button Jacket

162.Golden Island Fox Stroller

163.Fisher F/L Coat

164.Silver Fox F/L Coat

165.Whisky Blue Fox F/L Hooded Cape

166.Canadian Lynx F/L Coat

167.Coyote F/L Coat

168.Natural Nutria Fox F/L Coat

169.Golden Island Fox Hooded 3/4 Coat

170.Rovalia Pink Mink Hooded Jacket

171.Cerulean Mink Duffel Coat

172.Kohinor Black Cross Mink Swing Coat

173.Mahogany Mink Sable 3/4 Coat

All items are worn out of doors, except for blankets of course, and were purchased in new or like new condition...no play furs in this list.

My NYC furs are numbers 162 through 167 and 169.

Whilst some items may appear redundant, all items are recognisably different when viewed in the collection, which is one of the most wonderful things about furs...no two are alike.

My current fur situation:

COMPLETED JACKETS

KASPER Tan Lambskin ------------- Fitch Cape & Stone Martin Stole for collar

SUEDE Medium Brown ------------ Mahogany Mink coat [create hood] (fully in sleeves)

BUCKSKIN Tan ----------------------- Bobcat lining. Sheared beaver Mandarin collar

BANANA REPUBLIC ---------------- Alaska Fur Seal fur coat lining & collar (max. in sleeves)

BILL BLASS Gray suede ----------- Gray sheared Beaver fully lined w/slit pockets

CARHARTT HOODED JACKET -- Moss Green Dark Mink Coat with Full Lining

PENDLETON Green wool --------- Alaska Fur Seal lining and collar

TIMBERLAND Lambskin/Hood -- Lynx Coat liner hood (sleeves to elbows?)

LEVI Denim ---------------------------- Pieced Crystal Fox full fixed lining

J. PARK LAMBSKIN ------------------ Sheared pieced Mink full lining

JACKETS TO DO – Have most of the parts

BUCKSKIN w/HOOD custom ----- Stone Marten and Fitch

WILSON TAN SUEDE --------------- White/Beige Mink Jacket

GUESS CO. BONE Distressed ----- Dark & darker chevron Mink jacket Fixed lining fur in sleeves

ITALIAN tan leather jacket -------- Red 'Fitch' full lining and collar with hood

WILSON TAUPE SUEDE ------------ Taupe Mink full lining and collar

BONE/GRAY Leather --------------- Medium Gray Mink Jacket (max. in sleeves)

EAGLE Leather Jacket -------------- Sheared Alaska Fur Seal full lining and collar

SPREADS

PIECED NORWEGIAN BLUE FOX FLANKS 80 x 90 inches

RED and CROSS FOX Full pelt 58 x 76 inches

FRANKENFOX White, Red and Gray Pieced Fox Double sided fur 90 x90 inches? To be made.

COYOTE (2 coats) need one more or another fur type. To be made.

SABLE KIMONO with silk brocade other side. In need of major repair. Template for other Kimono's

CAPES & KIMONO'S To be made from furs on hand plus. To be very large.

WHITE & CRYSTAL FOX COATS (3 coats) with hood.

SILVER FOX COATS (3 coats) with hood.

CROSS FOX & RED FOX (3 coats) with hood.

LYNX (2 coats) need one more coat.

Several other Mink coats and jackets for future use.

Several Sheared Beaver, Sheared Alaska Fur Seal and Sheared Otter coats and linings.

A box full of Lynx, Fox and Coyote hats.

OFF

Edited by Guest

one of the most wonderful things about furs...no two are alike.

I concur, Lynxette!

Your fur collection boggles my mind. You must store them in your castle keep.

Folks we should point out here that Lynxette is "Genuine". She is telling you the truth when she mentions her collection. Some people think sometimes that they are being hoodwinked, but believe me her collection is as noted.

W

I have the following:

F/L Blackglama mink (mens), single-breasted, notched collar, female skins, very classic.

F/L Ranch mink (mens), shawl collar, very large (for me), male skins, done skin-on-skin, bought secondhand to lounge around in! Oh, and it is belted.

F/L Luneraine mink (womens), low notched collar, female skins, classic; but needs alteration for a man -- or to be sold?

F/L Blue Iris mink (supposedly unisex), notched collar, female skins, also worked skin-on-skin, (therefore very lightweight). Still needs sending back for alteration.

Blackglama bomber jacket, skin-on-skin, reversible to black lambskin leather and very beautiful!

Canadian sable jacket with front zipper: needs alteration to sleeves (presently rather feminine) -- perhaps better to have an OFF-job done to it (put inside something else)?

Russian sable ushanka (gorgeous!)

Ranch mink blanket, made from some coat (ebay acquisition).

That's it! (It's enough!)

I am blown away, reading about Lynxette's "wardrobe" (magnificent, Lynxette, just magnificent!) and someone wrote something about wanting to spend a night...etc, etc. Well, for those who love to read, Italo Calvino wrote a beautiful short story about sort of scenario! It is to be found, I think, in a volume of his, called "Difficult Loves", but cannot remember the name of that story ("The Old Soldier"? Nah, perhaps not) It is not difficult to find if you go to the volumes of his shorts stories.

I am also awed by the work that you all put into this site -- thank you, to the power of a thousand!

Well, now that I have gotten over turning beet red ...thanks guys.

I promise that what I post here is factual. I also have always realised that it may sound incredible to some, made up to others, or whatever. Unfortunately, there is of course no way to prove anything via the Internet. Yes, I could take a picture or two of myself and/or my collection, find a way to upload them and voila...but would this really prove anything? Pictures may be altered or not of the said person or item and so no one would really know for sure. I have often stated that I simply do not have the capability to do this (true), although I know people who could do so for me if I asked. The reasons I do not are essentially because I have no desire to potentially become one of the publicly hunted over the net, you tube, etc.

It is precisely because what I say here is the truth that I do not go further in exposing myself in what may potentially be a personally dangerous forum of the net.

All that being said, the Den has always been a wonderful, welcoming place where I have always felt comfortable, and several of the posts above are indicative of why this is so.

Well, now that I have gotten over turning beet red ...thanks guys.

I promise that what I post here is factual. I also have always realised that it may sound incredible to some, made up to others, or whatever. Unfortunately, there is of course no way to prove anything via the Internet. Yes, I could take a picture or two of myself and/or my collection, find a way to upload them and voila...but would this really prove anything? Pictures may be altered or not of the said person or item and so no one would really know for sure. I have often stated that I simply do not have the capability to do this (true), although I know people who could do so for me if I asked. The reasons I do not are essentially because I have no desire to potentially become one of the publicly hunted over the net, you tube, etc.

It is precisely because what I say here is the truth that I do not go further in exposing myself in what may potentially be a personally dangerous forum of the net.

All that being said, the Den has always been a wonderful, welcoming place where I have always felt comfortable, and several of the posts above are indicative of why this is so.

Alternatively, you can always kindly donate all of your collection to me ! That would be enough proof for me at least

You know Foxkid, that suggestion had never occurred to me. Let me think here for just a moment...no, I don't think I could do that, as I need them for warmth and fun.

You know Foxkid, that suggestion had never occurred to me. Let me think here for just a moment...

LOL.

Whaddayagonnado, Lynxette. It's the internet.

By the way, what's next for your furs? And do you have a storage facility in your home?

J.

I have no desire to potentially become one of the publicly hunted over the net, you tube, etc.

While I agree that there is no 100% guarantee of security when you use the internet, I would like to point out that we do everything we can, within reason, to ensure that the Fur Den is free from interlopers who would cause us trouble.

I can't tell you all the techniques we use behind the scenes to help ensure security but we can do things like trace a suspected PeTA protester's IP address, etc.

We have had a few questions about security but, to be very honest, we don't seem to have very many interlopers at all. If there are any, they do a good job of hiding themselves.

In the long run, being conscious about giving away personal information via the public "airwaves" is a smart thing. I wish there were more people who were as smart as you.

In response to Lynxette's answer to Her Collection and why she does not want to post photos of Herself to have her privacy invaded and be hunted by internet predators, my thoughts exactly!!! THANK YOU! I have been called a liar because I would not reveal who I am with a photo, an email address or because I have battled a lot of things in my personal life that have come out in my posts and conversations with many of the men and women of the online fur loving community. I have a very large collection of Fur as well and replyed to a topic about it about 2 years ago and was BLASTED by people about it, I did not address many of the people who questioned Me, I have learned it is a waste of time.

In response to Lynxette's answer to Her Collection and why she does not want to post photos of Herself to have her privacy invaded and be hunted by internet predators, my thoughts exactly!!! THANK YOU! ...

... I have learned it is a waste of time.

Hear, hear.

I'm sure I speak for our friends when I say the last thing we'd want to do is scare away valued members of the online fur community.

I'm only a bit worried about privacy whenever Worker decides to run the IP addresses; he can "track" the approximate locations of where we post from. He does this quite frequently, especially when he finds new users popping up with identical (or even similar) IP addresses as existing or former members. Security concerns abound these days.

But If I had this sort of power, I'm sure I might be tempted to do this for fun...even when it's just part of volunteer tech work. I've even refrained from posting while traveling for this reason; there have been instances where Worker has found contradictory information after tracking several members. I'm not aware of how many, as I have not been as active a Moderator as I used to be. I much prefer more anonymity, at least an environment where we share privileged things about ourselves and our sex lives. Having a "second identity" here is quite fun; the last thing we all need is to sling accusations at each other of "misrepresenting" this and that.

My opinion is still forming. In our personal lives out in the corporeal (flesh-and-blood) world, about many things we are careful, calculating liars by omission. Imagine what happens when we throw tact out the window in favor of the "whole" truth. We are always told to be careful about what we disclose and how we reveal it.

However, I also admit that I am a bit of an exhibitionist. I enjoy sharing certain things about myself here. It's part of the thrill of having a place that's completely separate from my personal life. There are many pictures of me in fur floating around the internet. I posted them on melody o'hair some years ago and although I'm rather disguised in the photographs, I reckon they will find their way back one day. I always chuckle when I find them posted on random websites by people I've never heard of.

peace~

J.

I'm only a bit worried about privacy whenever Worker decides to run the IP addresses; he can "track" the approximate locations of where we post from. He does this quite frequently, especially when he finds new users popping up with identical (or even similar) IP addresses as existing or former members. Security concerns abound these days.

Jeez, Joe! The way YOU say it, everything sounds so glamorous! You make it seem like I sit in a place that looks like the control room of a nuclear power plant, watching every move people make!

th_RX_C-R1.jpg

When, in reality, it looks more like some loser computer geek, sitting in his room, munching on Doritos and drinking black coffee by the pot!

th_A20Me20At20Computer20Cartoon.jpg

Yes, we can check up on the system logs and run IP checks to be sure that there is nobody trying to hack our website or cause trouble for our members but we just don't have time, either as administrators of this website OR as people in real life, to look into the affairs of others. It's just not possible, given the amount of work we have to do. If we spent all our time snooping, no work would ever get done and the server's hard drives would fill up with junk and the site would crash in just a few weeks.

The last time I had to run an IP check was weeks ago when that damn "Twiceler" search crawler was hitting our website and sucking up all our bandwidth.

http://thefurden.com/bbden/viewtopic.php?t=9689

Dear Lynxette, Madison Avenue Fur Princess, Linda, Brandy and other female members of this wonderful place,

Your presence is precious to me and I really enjoy reading your posts. I just wanted to say that for every nuisance that you may come across here, there are dozens more fur-loving men respecting your privacy.

Now, I must say that Lynxette's collection is truly amazing, incredible, unbelievable! But, it is inspirational, too, and proves that impossible is nothing. My wildest dreams will be even wilder, thanks to Lynxette...

And here is a list of my humble fur collection. I haven't had much opportunity to wear furs outside, so for me, the line between dress and play furs is somewhat hazy:

1. My first acquisition was a ladies' marten jacket. I bought it last year for less than 100 US Dollars-a true steal considering its excellent condition. I especially love to wear it inside out on naked skin.

2. A full length faux mink dress coat for men. The hairs are long and shiny and when my wife saw it for the first time, she mistook it for a real fur-it's that good. It fits me perfectly and it is quite elegant. I could wear it on a suit and tie, and it would go perfectly. It has a label, Falcone. I don't know how but it has a wonderful smell, which has not gone away after more than a year.

3. Full length fox coat, custom made for me, out of 5 ladies' jackets. The collar is a gorgeous red fox, and the rest has all the color tones from yellow to brown to cream. It's about 55 inches long and reversible as well. This the crown piece of my collection.

4. 3/4 length blue/white? fox jacket. Although a ladies' jacket, fits me perfectly and the fur is soft and supple, with no oxidation at all. It cost me about 400 USD but was worth it as a New Year's present. The only downside is its collar-not wide enough for my taste, so I have just bought another jacket to have it turned into a huge collar (and maybe a hood) for this jacket.

Those I listed above more or less fits me, and those below are awaiting some conversion:

5. Two full length yellow/brown fox ladies' coats and two jackets of the same fox type, waiting to be converted to a huge blanket. I am just looking for a red fox coat to cover the edges.

6. F/l white rabbit ladies' coat. Planning to convert this to a sweatpants lining.

I have a few more items, a coyote jacket, a mouton coat, a mink tails coat, some mink stoles, hats, etc, but they are not worthy of mention.

My collection:

mink pom-pom ponytail holder (stop-sign red)

mink pom-pom necklace (black)

chinchilla neckwarmer (grey)

chinchilla neckwarmer (purple)

fox boa (blue)

muskrat coat (don't really like it though, its too scratchy)

My wish list:

more fox boas (purple, green, black...)

fox cuffs

fox jacket

lynx jacket

chinchilla jacket

bedspreads: chinchilla (for summer), New Zealand possum (for winter)

the hugest fur purse anyone has ever seen

fur skimpy tops, furkini top

fur bondage gear

torn/damaged "craft cutter" fur coats, fur scraps (for the bedroom!)