How To Pack & Ship A Fur Coat

Our main fur related discussion forum. Fur related advertisements permitted in eBay Plus fiorum.

Moderators: FrBrGr, auzmink, ReFur, wallee, White Fox, OFF or Old Fur F##t, FurLoverinFL, Worker 11811, AKcoyote

Forum rules
Our Forum rules are available by clicking Here .......... For instructions on how to post links to Pictures in our Gallery, click Here. ........ To post pictures in your post, see This Link

To ask a question (no matter how simple the problem) just ask it in Our Information Zone Forum. ........ For help on other topics, have a look in our Library. .......... Please remember that our most important aim here is that everyone has fun!

How To Pack & Ship A Fur Coat

Postby JGalanos » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:25 pm

http://www.ehow.com/how_2047464_pack-ship-fur-coat.html

I wish I had run across this article a few weeks ago! While much of the information is common sense ... I learned a few things.
People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.--Elizabeth Kubler Ross
JGalanos
Master
Master

Postby OFF or Old Fur F##t » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:50 pm

Definitely a link for our wiki fur care.

OFF

You got time to breath; you got time for music
OFF or Old Fur F##t

Postby FurLoverinFL » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:24 pm

Most of that is really 'common sense', don't you think? Still, it's amazing how many folks will ship a fur in the smallest box possible...

FLinFL
FurLoverinFL

Postby OFF or Old Fur F##t » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:43 pm

I got a Fox Vest from an eBay seller once in a package no bigger than a quart bottle.

When I opened it, it sprang out like a Jack-in-the-Box.

Took a week to get it fluffed back out again.

OFF

You got time to breath; you got time for music
OFF or Old Fur F##t

Postby JGalanos » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:55 pm

Most of that is really 'common sense', don't you think?

Yes, I agree. I have shipped furs multiple times. The things that caught my attention were placing tissue between the layers as you fold the garment and placing the tissue wrapped coat in a plastic bag.

Both of those things make sense to me ... But I have not done them before. The tissue between layers would reduce friction and possibly static electricity as the coat shifts in transit. Putting fur in a plastic cover is generally a no-no, but in this instance I think it makes sense -- During transit the package could conceivably get wet or torn and the plastic would provide some defense against moisture, debris, etc. Just my two cents.
People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.--Elizabeth Kubler Ross
JGalanos
Master
Master

Postby beautifulfurs.com » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:10 am

Im glad you posted that.Makes it easier when I send a friend a fur. but most times i have the fur shipped directly to them.
makes quite a suprise when it arrives.
Dieu aide le coupable. See You In Hell!
beautifulfurs.com
Ass't Apprentice
Ass't Apprentice

Postby White Fox » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:20 am

This, and the Balckglama and Beaver write-ups are now in our Library.
W
Wearing Fur is the Ultimate Experience
White Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JGalanos » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:19 pm

This, and the Balckglama and Beaver write-ups are now in our Library.

And they were easy to find!

I actually missed his Blackglama article ... So good catch. As the owner of two Blackglama items, I can attest to the fact that they are exceptional pelts. 8)
JGalanos
Master
Master

Postby White Fox » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:23 pm

That's the whole idea with the Library once we really get it "Filled with books". That info was in the forum for instance for everyone to see. But try to find it next Christmas.

However now it is in the Library you can find it pretty much immediately.

W
Wearing Fur is the Ultimate Experience
White Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JGalanos » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:14 pm

now it is in the Library you can find it pretty much immediately.

That's what I was checking. I have visited the Library previously ... But I am not a regular. So I was curious whether I could find the links intuitively/easily (without backtracking, etc.). I was pleased to report No Problemo -- The Library is user friendly. :)
JGalanos
Master
Master

Next

Return to Fur Den