A Tribute to Monica Bellucci a True Supermodel in Furs

roninphy

Monica Bellucci (Italian)

Birth Place: Citta di Castello, Umbria, Italy

Date of Birth: September 30, 1964

Heritage: Italian

"My body is so important to me... my face, my arms, my legs, my hands, my eyes, everything. I use everything I have." -Monica Bellucci

"I feel fine and comfortable with myself, but not because I'm beautiful. I know many beautiful people and their lives are just so terrible. They feel so uncomfortable with themselves. Being comfortable is not aboutwhat you look like, but how you feel. I'm a lucky person because I've been loved a lot. I have a great family." - Monica Bellucci

Biography

Monica Bellucci was born on September 30, 1964, in the village of Citta di Castello, in Umbria, Italy. Initially pursuing a career as a lawyer, Monica decided to start modeling in order to help pay for her tuition and expenses while at the University of Perugia. Once she was modeling, the glamorous life of a successful high fashion model -which includes travel and a nice income - tempted Monica away from her law studies.

Monica Bellucci from Model to Actress

In 1988, Monica moved to one of Europe's fashion centers -- Milan. There, she signed with Elite Model Management and found plenty of modeling work.By 1989, Monica was making it big in Paris and across the Atlantic, in New York. But although she had achieved huge success in so little time as a model (posing for Dolce & Gabbana and French Elle),she was ambitious and looking for ways to expand her career. Though her burgeoning fame ensured that she had little downtime, Monica Bellucci nevertheless decided to give acting a try and she made her debut in a 1990 made-for-Italian-TV movie. Intelligent and diligent Monica decided to make a commitment to acting, recognizing the short half life of a high fashion model. She made the transition to acting via small roles in a number of films -- a very popular trend that models Laetitia Casta, James King and Estella Warren have done successfully. Monica began with acting classes and began her acting career with an increasing variety of roles in Italian and then French films. In 1988, she was one of the most naturally talented and flat-out gorgeous up-and-coming models on the scene.In parallel with her work as a top flight model, she spent the next several years taking on more roles in obscure films. Monica Bellucci found herself developing a real affinity for the world of performance. Today Monica Bellucci is arguably the most prominent and successful example of a model who has transitioned to the world of acting

Starting in Italian Cinema- Monica Bellucci made her American Film debut in in Dracula

She made her Italian film debut in 1990, with roles in "Vita coi figli and Briganti ". The following year, Monica starred as Francesca in the film La Riffa, and made her American film debut with the role of Dracula's Bride in 1992's Bram Stoker's Dracula, co-starring Gary Oldman and Winona Ryder. Her camera appeal and genuine talent was a potent combination. Roles began to pour in for the Italian beauty. After a role in Ostinato destino, she appeared in I Mitici (a.k.a. The Heroes) in 1994, and Palla di neve in 1995. She also starred as the Pharaoh's wife in the made-for-TV movie, Joseph. As she gained experience , she had the opportunity to play more substantial roles . All of which served to spur Monica's natural talent . It was her role in the 1996 film, L'Appartement, that earned Monica her acting accolades. Her role as Lisa earned her a Cesar nomination (French equivalent of the Oscar) in the Most Promising Young Actress category, and ensured that a wider audiences and film critics would take notice of this up-and-coming starlet. (The movie also co-starred her husband to be, Vincent Cassel ) In 1997, Bellucci was cast in Come mi vuoi (a.k.a As You Want Me), Dobermann and "Mauvais genre." After roles in other European films such as 1998's "L'Ultimo capodanno," "A los que aman", and "Compromis", she starred in 1999's "Comme un poisson hors de l'eau" (a.k.a. Like a Fish Out of Water).

US audience's notice Monica Bellucci in "Under Suspicion" - Malena follows

Luckily, American audiences were able to catch a bit more of the stunning brunette in the 2000 drama," Under Suspicion" where she played the role of Gene Hackman's trophy wife. She followed that up with a role in the French film," Franck Spadone". Her acting career was firmly established by the critical success of the Italian film "Malena" (2000), in which Monica had the title role. Malena catapulted her to fame. The movie was nominated for 14 awards, including a Golden Globe for Best Foreign Language Film, and continues to be one of the roles that have best showcased her dramatic talent.In 2001, Bellucci starred in Brotherhood of the Wolf (co-starring her husband Vincent Cassel - they married in 1999) and as Cleopatra in "Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra" the following year. While the latter is light comedic fare, Monica really showed her her acting muscle in the gritty 2002 film Irreversible, in which she portrays a rape victim.

Monica Bellucci in the Matrix

If American audiences still weren't familiar with Bellucci, they were sure to catch her in 2003's "Tears of the Sun", with Bruce Willis, and of course, she was a cult hit as as the enigmatic character "Persephone" in the highly anticipated sequels to 1999's The Matrix: The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions.

79774matrixrevolutions0bf7.th.jpg

By 2002 her parallel modeling and acting visibility gave her such an audience that she had the honor of gracing AskMen.com's top spot in its 99 Most Desirable Women in the World of 2002.

Monica as Magdalene and More

In 2004, Monica Bellucci was seen as Magdalene in Mel Gibson's controversial blockbuster, The Passion of the Christ, and returned to French film with Agents secrets. She can also add 2004's The Brothers Grimm (with Matt Damon and Heath Ledger), Spike Lee's She Hate Me, and 2005's Lord of War (with Nicolas Cage) to her filmography.Last year Monica Bellucci took on a role alongside Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti in the ultra-violent and purposefully ridiculous action flick Shoot ‘Em Up.

Accolades in FHN

"No. 31 MONICA BELLUCCI: Most of today' s sex symbols make us feel safe. Too young, too plastic, achievable, they look about as ethereal as your average shopping mall tart. Not Bellucci, whose knee-crumpling beauty could buckle the boldest of boys and men alike. Bellucci, who oozes worldliness, made her English-language debut as one of Dracula's brides in Bram Stoker's Dracula. The count should be so lucky. An icon in Europe, this Italian actress has skirted with stardom in North America, appearing in The Matrix sequels and as Mary Magdelene in The Passion of the Christ, but, honestly, we would prefer it if she remained an unattainable enigma." FHN

Abstracted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Bellucci accessed June 23 2008

Modeling

In 1988, Monica Bellucci was in Milan, where she signed with Elite Model Management. By 1989, she was becoming prominent and in demand as a fashion model in Paris and across the Atlantic, in New York City. In a stunning series of sittings she posed for Dolce & Gabbana and French ELLE, among others. Her visibility and celebrity status was enhanced when in February 2001 Esquire Magazine's feature on Desire featured Ms. Bellucci on the cover and in an article on the five senses. In 2003, she was featured in Maxim.[6] By 2004, she topped AskMen's 100 Most Beautiful Women in the World annual list. Bellucci's modelng career is managed by Elite+ in NYC. She is considered an Italian sex symbol.[2][7][8] She is currently a face of a range of Dior Cosmetics. Bellucci is also signed to Storm Model Management in London.

Monica Bellucci High Fashion Model

Height: 5'8" ; 173cm

Measurements: (US) 34-24-35 ; (EU) 86.5-61-89

Dress Size: (US) 6 ; (EU) 36

Shoe Size: (US) 9 ; (EU) 41

Agencies:

* Elite Model Management - New York

* Women Management - New York

* Storm Models

Advertisements:

Alessandro Dell' Acqua, Bloomingdales, Blumarine, Cartier, Charles Jourdan, Christian Dior, Dior Rouge, Dolce & Gabbana, Dolce & Gabbana 'Esquire' fragrance, Dolce & Gabbana 'Sicily' fragrance, Intimissimi, Margaret Astor, Vittel,

Monica Bellucci Cover Model

France: 'Elle' - November 6, 2000; 'Elle' - June 18 2001; 'Studio' - July 2003; 'Elle' - 30 October 2006; 'Elle' - May 21, 2007; 'Elle' - October 08, 2007; 'Madame Figaro' - December 15, 2007

Germany: 'GQ' - November 2000

Italy: 'DONNA' - November 1991; 'Photo'; 'Vogue Gioiello' - March 2004; 'Diva e Donna' - October 2006; 'Flair' - December 2006

Japan: 'Marie Claire' - May 2001

Mexico: 'Maxim' - June 2003; '24xSegundo' - April 2004; 'Marie Claire' - April 2004

Russia: 'Elle' - February 2008

South Africa 'Elle' - April 2008

Spain: 'Vogue' - October 1995; 'Elle' - March 1998; 'GQ' - December 2000; 'Marie Claire' - April 2004; 'GQ' - March 2005; 'Citizen K' - Spring 2005; 'Vogue' - June 2005; 'DT' - #94; 'GQ' - February 2007; 'Cinemanía' - October 2007; 'Fotogramas' - November 2007;

UK: 'GQ' - February 2002; 'Maxim' - June 2003

US: 'Esquire' - February 2001; 'Maxim' - May 2003

'Vogue Hommes'; 'DS' - May 2003

th_70334_CitizenK_Autumn2006_005_122_460lo.jpg monicabelluccizcardaj0.th.jpg

Monica Bellucci: One of ASK men.com's Top five sexiest women

We'd like to say that Monica Bellucci is just a woman, but we would be lying. She is not a mortal woman; she is a cruel joke from Mother Nature with the sole purpose of driving men of all ages to the point of insanity. How can anyone be so beautiful? Why are perfect women like Monica rarer than a Chicago Cubs World Series title?

Alas, my friends, there are no answers. All we can do is enjoy the sight of a woman as irresistible as Monica Bellucci, and hope that the gods will be kind to mere mortals like us and give us more like Monica --But who is Monica Bellucci? Actually, she's Italy's hottest acting export (after Sophia Loren, of course). This model-turned-actress generated a lot of buzz for her performance in Malena -- a story about a Sicilian woman who charms and enrages a little village. Until 2003, she had limited exposure in large American features except for appearing in Dracula with Keanu Reeves and Under Suspicion with Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman, but ever since her roles in Tears of the Sun and the Matrix sequels, North American audiences have been under her spell.

ASK Men.com Ratings and Commentary

overall rating 89

We'd like to say that Monica Bellucci is just a woman, but we would be lying. She is not a mortal woman; she is a cruel joke from Mother Nature with the sole purpose of driving men of all ages to the point of insanity. How can anyone be so beautiful? Alas, my friends, there are no answers. All we can do is enjoy the sight of a woman as irresistible as Monica Bellucci, and hope that the gods will be kind to mere mortals like us and give us more like Monica "--

sexiness 98

"Can we say mamma mia 500 times? She is yet another Italian bombshell made from the same mold that produced Italian heart-attack-inducing star -- Maria Grazia Cucinotta.

At 5'10", she has the body of a goddess, the hair of a princess, and the lips of a siren. See? She has even managed to turn us into pathetic poets."

accomplishments & fame 79

With over 20 movies to her credit, she isn't a newcomer to the film industry, but it took more than a decade of working in Italian and French cinema for Bellucci to capture the world by storm.In Italy, she can't buy a Big Mac without causing a commotion. And now, with roles in films like Tears of the Sun, The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Revolutions, and The Passion of the Christ, North Americans can get a taste of what Europe has been in love with for years.In 2004, she added The Brothers Grimm and She Hate Me (a Spike Lee Joint) to her resume.

natural beauty 96

Monica Bellucci started off as a model for fashion houses like D&G after moving to Milan, but then the acting bug bit her.

Monica is, in our humble opinion, beauty exemplified, and without a doubt one of the most beautiful women in the world. And her top spot in AskMen.com's 99 Most Desirable Women in the World (2002) is further proof of that. She leaves us speechless, and only seeing Pamela Anderson turn into a nun could do that.

personal style 90

Her classic good looks are matched by an equally sophisticated and refined fashion sense. Being a European woman, Monica Bellucci knows how a real woman should dress, and always steps out in elegant gowns and haute couture suits. You wouldn't catch her in a Juicy sweatsuit or ripped jeans, even if she were just lounging around at home.Monica has maintained an impressive dual acting and modeling career

Though Monica Bellucci is practically in her mid-40s, there’s little doubt that she remains one of the sexiest and alluring actresses working today. Her raw sensuality is unparalleled, and it’s certainly not difficult to see why she continues to outshine her younger and far more famous contemporaries.

In 2008, Monica Bellucci proved that she was still brimming with sex appeal as she ranked at No. 22 on AskMen.com's worlds most desirable 100 women.

(http://www.askmen.com/women/actress_..._bellucci.html Accessed March 28 2007)

(http://www.askmen.com/women/actress_60/74_monica_bellucci.html Accessed May 23 2008)

References from Wikipedia

1. a b Richard Corliss. "It's Monica Mania", Time Magazine, 2003-03-10. (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1004378,00.html)

"But Bellucci, 34, tends to have a mesmerizing effect on men, onscreen and off. Despite herself, she's a sublime succubus: Monica demonica. With her voluptuous figure, majestically sullen face and exquisite eyelashes, she projects a quality sadly absent in most Hollywood star-babes: a knowing, passionate womanhood. That could be why in so many of her European films she plays the sort of woman who brings out the obsessive in men just by walking past them"

2. a b "Danger woman", Guardian Unlimited - The Observer Magazine, 2005-10-23. (http://film.guardian.co.uk/interview/interviewpages/0,,1598393,00.html)

"Nuns, prostitutes, topless brides of Dracula, Mary Magdalen and now a 500-year-old witch ... Monica Bellucci is cinema's most beautiful multitasker. Mark Salisbury joins her on set in Paris and talks motherhood, nudity and why she thrives on risk." "Bellucci has, for the past five weeks, been playing Daniela, a Pigalle prostitute 'paid' by lottery winner Francois (Bernard Campan) to be his companion until the money runs out in Bertrand Blier's blackly comic Combien Tu M'aimes? 'In some way she's an ideal of a prostitute,' she says of her character, having just arrived on set, wearing a black casual suit, her thick, dark hair in curlers. 'Many times prostitutes are a fantasy for directors, if you think of Night of Cabiria, the Fellini, or Belle de Jour, the Bunuel. It's almost as if you had to play a whore one time in your career and this was the right moment because the script was really strong.'"

3. Movies at MSN.com. Internet movie database

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000899/

http://movies.msn.com/celebs/celeb.aspx?c=254848

http://movies.msn.com/celebs/celeb.aspx?c=254848&mp=b

http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-synopsis/brotherhood-of-the-wolf

"As Gregoire and Mani arrive in the village of Gevaudan, they're drawn to a local house of prostitution, where the animalistic allure and supernatural powers of Sylvia (Monica Bellucci) prove to have a profound effect on the naive Gregoire."

4. Monica Bellucci Biography (1969?-)

http://www.filmreference.com/film/49/Monica-Bellucci.html

5. Richard Owen. "Actresses fight Pope over fertility", The Times, 2005-06-04.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article529864.ece

6. Monica Bellucci Photos. Maxim.

http://www.maximonline.com/girls_of_maxim/girl_template_magnified.aspx?id=977&ind=0

8. "Monica baronessa divertente per Virzì "Bello quel ruolo un po' da mignotta"", La Repubblica, 2006-10-14. (Italian)

http://www.repubblica.it/2006/10/sezioni/spettacoli_e_cultura/cinema/roma/monica-bellucci/monica-bellucci/monica-bellucci.html

9. Monica-Bellucci.net.

http://www.monica-bellucci.net/

Monica Bellucci in furs

Monica Bellucci in Sable X5

55607vanityfairjanuary2hj0.th.jpg monicabelluccsablepb8.th.jpg monicabelluccisable04ot1.th.jpg monicabellucci03zn3.th.jpg monicabellucci043em3.th.jpg

Monica can be counted on to wear fur in her public appearances !

th_75312_SMF_Monica_Bellucci_07_122_961lo.jpg th_75318_SMF_Monica_Bellucci_RisingPremiere_001_122_470lo.jpg th_67688_MB_2_123_596lo.jpg

Cheers

Roninphy

Edited by Guest

Monica in furs has attracted much notice from the scanning community. Two examples of Monica in mink are posted here (same image just different treatments)

monbelluci02ha5.th.jpgbellucci187.jpg

monicabellucci2gbbx9.th.jpgmonicabellucciblacklambdb5.th.jpg

Edited by Guest

An incredible amount of time and work - in the research, the sharing of same, and in the composites! " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> I, for one, am exceedingly grateful! What a great job!

There were two composites that particularly struck me . . .

mbdarksablezj5.th.jpg

. . . and . . .

monicafursbwoh0.th.jpg

I may never be the same . . .

Monica Bellucci Celebrity appearances

monicabelluccicartierpawb7.th.jpg

I see you uploaded it to the gallery, but mislabeled it. The coat is rabbit (or a similar fur), not mink. The hairs are fluffy, not sleek. And I've stared at enough of both kinds to know.

An incredible amount of time and work - in the research, the sharing of same, and in the composites! " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> I, for one, am exceedingly grateful! What a great job!

There were two composites that particularly struck me . . .

mbdarksablezj5.th.jpg

. . . and . . .

monicafursbwoh0.th.jpg

I may never be the same . . .

Thank you so much for your really enthusiatic response to my Tribute to Monica Bellucci

Uhhhh FrBrGr I am embarrassed to say that the two you like best are Monica Unedited

These however are composites

FMF Monica Bellucci mink jacket

monicabellucciminkjackenn1.th.jpg monicabellucciminkbodyshu1.th.jpg smfmonicabellucciblackfqp5.th.jpg

The first image is a serious photo portrait that I have enhanced by substituting mink for black silk. The original was a Haut fashion image of Monica

Hi Lordthenight

Thanks you for visiting the Monica Bellucci Tribute thread and for leaving a comment!

Of course you are correct. The fur Monica is wearing is rabbit not mink. I have made the correction to the image label in the Gallery.(Sometimes I get to moving too fast (LOL)

Monica in white rabbit

http://thefurden.com/cpgfd/albums/userpics/10364/monicabelluccicartierparty.jpg

Now properly labeled thanks to your good effort .

Cheers

Roninphy

Uhhhh FrBrGr I am embarrassed to say that the two you like best are Monica Unedited.

Ooops! Well, you see, Ron, you've gotten so damned good at this, I'm having a hard time telling the composites from the unedited originals - !

The thing is, Monica is absolutely drop-dead gorgeous in any presented form!

Oh boy, after that body suit this section has just hit temperature. A wonderful piece Roninphy, thankyou for it and the WONDERFUL images.

Can we make her an 'icon of fur'?

Auzmink.

Oh boy, after that body suit this section has just hit temperature. A wonderful piece Roninphy, thankyou for it and the WONDERFUL images.

Can we make her an 'icon of fur'?

Auzmink.

Thank you for your kind comment Auzmink - Monica is an icon of fur to be sure !

Here are some new images from the Gallery to enjoy.

A new Fantasy Model in fur image from the Composite image Gallery

FMF Monica Bellucci in a sable coat

http://thefurden.com/cpgfd/albums/userpics/10364/FMF_Monica_Bellucci_sable_coat_.jpg

FMF Monica Bellucci in dyed Raccoon

http://thefurden.com/cpgfd/albums/userpics/10364/FMF_Monica_Bellucci_Dyed_Raccoon.jpg

From the Movie Combien tu aimes ? HQ color images

http://thefurden.com/cpgfd/albums/userpics/10364/_HQ_Combien_tu_aimes_vid_cap_02.jpg

http://thefurden.com/cpgfd/albums/userpics/10364/_HQ_Combien_tu_aimes_vid_cap_03.jpg

Black and white from the movie Combien tu aimes

http://thefurden.com/cpgfd/albums/userpics/10364/04889_bellucci_b%2Bw_.jpg

Ahhhhh Monica !

• 2 weeks later...

Color HQ images of Monica

smfmonicabellucciblackftq9.th.jpg smfmonicabelluccireclinfe4.th.jpg

The first image is kind of a Helmut Newton-esque pose. Monica Posed for Newton at least twice that I have found .....

Monica Bellucci b&w X2 (HQ)

smfmonicabellucireclinikf9.th.jpg smfmonicabellucciblackfqp5.th.jpg

Monica Bellucci Fur Fashion b&w X2

monicalagerfieldaw1.th.jpg monicainblacklamazx4.th.jpg

Monica Bellucci Fur fashion images

monicabellucciwhitefoxspi3.th.jpg helmutmonicabellucciny2.th.jpg th_58289_monica_mix_5163_123_40lo.jpg l

The last two images were taken my noted photographer & erotic artist Helmut Newton

Cheers Roninphy

• 2 years later...

Monica Bellucci at Christian Dior gala dinner, Madrid, 2006

th_59068_2006ChristianDiorGalaDinnerMadrid01_122_65lo.jpg th_59088_2006ChristianDiorGalaDinnerMadrid04_122_1104lo.jpg th_59071_2006ChristianDiorGalaDinnerMadrid03_122_452lo.jpg

2004 Agents Secrets Premiere, Mar 29th

th_56363_2004AgentsSecretsPremiereMar29th03_122_1183lo.jpg mon20pu.th.jpg

"Delices de Cartier" Jewelry Collection, March 21, 2007

th_52968_mbellucci_2007-03-21_01_122_371lo.jpg th_53400_mbellucci_2007-03-21_17_122_443lo.jpg th_21165_mb_92192_123_1135lo.jpg

The 58th Annual Golden Globe Awards, January 21, 2001

th_55505_2246243_10.jpg th_55514_51587511_10.jpg th_55523_1316297_10.jpg th_55533_1316299_10.jpg th_55608_MonicaBell_Mazur_199969_Max.jpg th_55714_MonicaBell_DeGui_215723_Max.jpg

Bella Bellucci, photo by Karl Lagerfeld

th_3913cmonica_bellucci_270.jpg

th_15488_bellucci1257_122_492lo.jpg th_15595_bellucci1262_122_37lo.jpg

th_73469_Monica_Bellucci_24_122_413lo.jpg th_31577_102_122_673lo.jpg th_31586_103_122_28lo.jpg

th_18873_mb_91062_123_754lo.jpg th_18879_mb_91079_123_455lo.jpg

• 4 years later...

When I come across threads as wonderful as these, and see that many of the photos posted on various image hosting sites are long gone, I feel sad:( Wouldn't it be great if we could enjoy these posts, complete with the photos that originally accompanied them? Alas...

That is why it is so nice to see such images posted in the Gallery instead of in the threads as images. Yes, I know that something somehow accidentally here deleted our fashion Gallery awhile back taking out tens of thousands of photographs, but that was an accident. But we can at least do our best to save them that way where as when they are saved as "Images" in threads the way that they are now, they may be "On site" but they are still pretty much gone. And so many other image sites are not dedicated to "Fur" only like we are.

However, I have to warn all here that two of our staff here loaned this site money to keep going yet no members have sponsored us to pay them back. And, with time coming again that we need to pay up memberships in less than two years, unless more people take an interest in this site it may be gone as well! VERY SAD NEWS, but that is reality!

W