Forthcoming fur documentary on UK television

MrMockle

All,

Some of you may remember a post I made on the Melody O'Hair Fur forum last summer when I was contacted by a BBC producer who was doing research for a documentary on furs. We swapped a few emails and I believe some other fur fans offered some assistance although nothing seemed to happen beyond that ... until now.

Next Wednesday evening (19th April) at 9pm on BBC1 sees what I presume to be the documentary in question: "Real Story Special: the McCartneys Versus the Fur Trade". The title suggests it might side more towards the anti-fur argument than remain neutral but we can wait and see. Hopefully the producer received good content from the British Fur Trade Organisation and other similar bodies in support of fur and at least the show should feature a good number of furs being worn, modelled or on display in furriers.

You can see my original post on this programme at Melody O'Hair by clicking this link:

http://www.melody.myqth.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15712

Sadly though it does clash with my beloved Gooner's first leg Champions' League Semi-Final against Villareal so I doubt I'll be paying much attention to anything else that night. Those of you who wish to berate me for this choice or discuss football issues further, please do so in the Off Topic forum. I should warn you all that the team's full name is blocked by our profanity checker - kind of says it all really! I dread the day we draw a certain side from Lincolnshire just south of the Humber in a cup tie - most of my emails will be blocked for days!

Regards,

Mr Mockle

Mr M did not realize here that the old posts at Melody could well be gone pretty quickly. In fact as soon as later today. However, these are all available in our new "Den Archive" section. Since all messages are here now and Melody desperately needs space to solve some of their problems, this deletion will be completed soon.

White Fox

All,

In case the old Fur Den on MoH has now gone, here is the link to my original post in the Den Archive:

http://thefurden.com/oldden/viewtopic.php?t=15712

I see that touchofsable has already started to protest against the show before it has been aired; I can't see how that can positively help as it makes us seem even more reactionary than the anti-fur lobby. However I'll post my thoughts on this in that topic.

The Real Story show also has a section on the BBC website so details of the show may be posted there nearer the time of the broadcast:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/real_story/default.stm

Regards,

Mr Mockle