eBay woman

Guest manywonderfulfurs

There is a seller on eBay named 7vogue9 who sells falsely advertised fur coats/stoles/wraps. Her coats are most likely from charity stores. They are usually dyed marmot/squirrel/brown stoat/muskrat that she intentionally mislabels as Russian sable and/or mink to fool unsuspecting customers. She needs to be kicked off eBay! I emailed eBay about her. I also emailed all of her ripped-off customers. An Italian eBayer was scammed out of more than $360. He/she thought he/she was buying a sable/mink coat (the coat was advertised as sable and mink). What he/she got was probably dyed muskrat.

7vogue9, a woman in the United Kingdom, threatened to contact eBay and have them ban me from their site for alerting her ripped-off customers. She has now made the identities of her eBay bidders private so that I cannot contact them to warn them about her unethical selling practices. The nerve of this woman! Please alert all of your friends who shop for furs on eBay!

Vince

Yes I have come across that seller. I don't know why ebay havent banned her as I have complained about her too. She also says things are high end label when they arent.

I just checked her out. There is a coat she is advertising as mink/ sable now. I think it is pony fur, not certain. But one thing for certain it isn't mink or sable.

I will call Trust and Safety and see if there is anything I can do.

There is one big problem. She sells a lot. That $$ to ebay.

Also, there are certain buyers who really should understand caveat emptor. "Buyer Beware!!"

If her buyers are not making a big stink, they will do nothing.

Linda

EDIT: The reason I did not move this to the ebay forum, is becasue there are no links here and buying furs is a main forum topic.

Surely the people buying the items must be daft (to put it mildly).

If i was to buy something on Ebay and i could see a picture of it I could tell if it was what they said it was. The people responding to this advert obviously know the differences between the furs; i can generally tell and i am no expert. Someone was selling a 'fox' stole with small tails; probably squirrel but not fox. May be you can say they don't know the differences between the furs, but if i was spending

I looked at her listing page. Some of the little avatar pictures aren't the same as the ones on the individual item listings.

I don't know for certain that she's doing this on purpose. (Maybe she is but it's not clear to me.) I think she's just stupid. She probably got hooked on selling through ebay and, because she had success the first few times out, she thinks she's good at it. She's one of those people who learned just enough to be dangerous.

Now that a few of us are trying to hold her feet to the fire, she thinks we're harrassing her.

I think somebody need to take her aside and "explain" things to her a little better. But, I think she's the type of person who believes she's in the right and isn't likely to take advice from anybody.

BTW: I'm really glad somebody pointed her out! I'm out on ebay fairly frequently, trying to find my first fur for my wife. I might not have known that she was a "less-than-reputable" seller if it wasn't brought to my attention. She doesn't have anything listed that I or my wife really like so I wasn't likely to fall for her scams but it's nice to be alerted.

I move that we consider a running thread for bad ebay sellers. Yes, I know there are pitfalls with that idea but maybe we can also have one for good sellers to balance it out.