I joined a PeTA support group.

Fox

Way to go FOX, and from the replies you get, they are very limited intellectually. Just don't get emotional

I suspect most don't bother to read because they are frightened by what they might find.

Interestingly, I wonder if some have gone away to try and refute your arguments - keep us posted.

Oh, and I suspect you have more than 10 friends, in fact what is the membership of this forum upto?

Auzmink.

I do in fact have more than 10 friends (or whatever it may be right now). But on MySpace with that account, I only have 10 or so. But I didn't make that page to get friends. I made it to hopefully open some minds.

The replies are indeed limited intellectually, but the forum is a one for teen peta supporters, so that explains something. But also, a lot of them are so brainwashed and closeminded, it's almost scary. But I do agree with you in that some of them are probably afraid of what they might see. I can tell by some of their responses that most of them haven't bothered to read most of what I've said. Go figure!

Fox, I was really impressed by your post and some of the responses.

It's a shame that most of the responses to your posts were made by a load of mindless idiots who seem unable to counter with a valid arguement; but that is the sort of people who do not want to listen.

Saying you are lonely and want attention - god that is pathetic. I still think all these people suffer from CTS (cuddly toy syndrome).

They all seem to believe animals are kept in appauling conditions; if the fur farmers did that they would be wasting their time.

As for skinning animals alive; oh yes, it is so much easier to skin an animal alive that it would be if it was dead!

These people seem unable to think logically, or maybe even think.

What is frightening abou that site is the ay it is geared up to childre; warping their minds. It is verging on child abuse to me. That is how cults work.

Have a look at it. things like get an answer from a PETA expert. And a forum on music. And the process of joining asks you where you want to major or are majoring so it is geared toward kids.

That is why the responses are so immature.

Ther also doesnt seem to be a pm system for them to talk among themselves...again that is how cults work.

Good luck, Fox . . .

Methinks that by-and-large you are fighting a winless battle, but I suppose it's all in how one looks at it. There are a couple of folks who have posted who seem to have at least a modicum of intelligence, and even though they support the idea of animal kindness, they apparently aren't brainwashed. Maybe - just maybe - you'll get a couple of those mindless wimps to wake up and start to think a little. If you're successful at that, then it was a noble and worthwhile effort.

Just had a thought re teenagers, the scenario:

Teacher is telling pupils about prehistoric man and how they wore animal skins. Pupils say that is cruel and they shouldn't have done it. Teacher says that they did it to keep warm and if they hadn't worn it they would have died out. Pupils still insist they were murderers and they should not have done it!

May be that is why the Neanderthals died out. Their children told them that it is cruel to wear furs so the Neanderthals removed all their clothing, burnt it and subsequently froze to death. So was the destruction of a whole race of people but at least no more animals were killed - halle-bleeding-luyah

There have been a couple people on there that have actually accepted the fact that I've made some good points on there, so maybe there's a chance that I may change a few minds, maybe even some converts. Wish me luck all.

One free mond is worth a thosand enslaved ones.

Then it becomes like the emperors new clothes. All it takes is one person to say to PETA from within,

"but you aren't wearing any clothes" and the thing satrts to fall aprt.

I actually read somewhere a long time ago that fetisgism actually means cultural integrity is protected. We are turned on by certain things because we are meant to be. So maybe fur supporters are guardians of an important pillar of human integrity/survival...as allfurme's argument implied.

When a thing is aginst the wall morally or politicall suddenly it becomes sacred. Smoking fior example is the fastest growing fetish. There mat be bilogical resaons for that. Cockroaches and rats show a predisposition to mating with partners who have survived poison, then the offspring become immune. That is an interesting thought, especially as third generation smokers appear to be much less at risk from lung cancer.

off topic a little, but food for thought. in the whole history of human beings, we have worn fur to survive. Now we do not need it, we are in imminent danger of destroying all animals on the planet as we rape its non renewable resources fo alternatives.

We all know that nobody naturally, particularly young children, recoils from fur as ugly. Some become more fascinated with it than others, but there is a good reason we ar attracted to it.

It is PETA who are the perverse.

• 1 month later...

Ive just read through all their comments and yours. and that message board.

Its left me disgusted.

I always had a bit of respect for those out there who were vegetarians and those against fur (who didnt LASH OUT, of course). But my god. They keep saying the same thing over and over, and keep saying how "gross" you are.

Its immature, and ill-advised.

I have no respect for anyone who forces their beliefs on another.

They are fascists and brownshirts pure and simple.

I have no problems with vegans as long as they have no problem with me. Tolerance. That is what it should be about.

PETA are an extremely dangerous organisation. I cannot overestimate that enough. Not just to us....but to every animal on the planet.

They want to exterminate them so they cannot be exploited...that is what it boils down to. Only really ignorant people are not able to see through them...and kids.

great to see everyone addressing the real issue here.everyone is entitled to their view. but i will never bow down to anybody trying to stand over me or mine.if i choose to admire fur or wear fur that is my perogative. its long overdue that minority control freak groups were told where to get off. well done fox