Belt for Fur Coat?

Nexii

So I got an Elsafurs coat used awhile back - this one:

https://imgur.com/a/jnFbO

I originally got it more for modelling and cuddling up indoors. But I want to wear it outside sometime if I can. It is really long so the hem drags a few inches past my feet. Heels aren't really an option for me since I'm tall.

I was thinking it might be possible to hike up with a belt. Does anyone do similar? Would there be any concerns with it being hard on the fur to do so? And if not where would be a good place to get a matching belt made for this purpose?

While belts of one form or another are frequently sold with fur coats in order to accentuate a feminine waistline, they are NOT a good idea. They cause increased friction which is the major enemy of all furs.

Further I doubt the look of the "hiked up" fur would be what you want. Your best bet would be to find a furrier willing to shorten the length of the coat.

There are ones that pass inside the coats. Talking to a furrier is the best choice, tho, but there are alternatives involving only the lining

Have you thought about fur hooks on the hem do you could fold the bottom up and under somehow when you wear it out of the house. Then you can let it up and down when ever you like -plus the bonus of having the fur brushing your legs as you walk!

If you decide to shorten it let me know. I have a fur just the same as yours only couple of inches shorter... don't ruin the long fur... My lady would love a longer coat that would reach almost to the ground while she wears heels...

I know a full lenght fur would drag for I am only 5foot 7inches tall..

I might have to go with a custom extended knee lenght fur coat.

I am shorter by most guys my age..