What has fur added to your life?

Furtigo

Not only wamth , but is a huge comfort to me.. Helps relieve stress.... I have a soft faux infinity closed looped scarf i use to cover my eyes with..

Specially the fact that my fur scarf helps my headaches go away when its over my eyes while im sleepin durin the day bc I work graveyard at night..

Furs add the warmth, happiness, and security that I need to make life livable. Furs for me represent a material manifestation of love, tenderness, safety, and caring that quite simply are necessary for my sense of well being. I f I am not surrounded by furs in some way at all times, I literally will get sad and depressed. And I need a constant supply of fresh, new furs year round to refresh this feeling. Fortunately, I have the means to do so, and for that I am very grateful

Bigfur, you are in good company with the stress relief. Over the years i have heard many people say that, particularly men I think a bit more so.

It has added so much to my life. It evokes feelings/emotions of need, wanting, greed, jealousy, love, warmth, sensuality, desire, completeness, frustration, excitement. Whenever I see a gorgeous fur, either online, in a store, or on a person, I want it, no matter how many furs I have at home. I will feel frustration if I can't afford it at that time and/or if it isn't in my size. I will envy someone else's fur, wanting it for myself. When it comes to furs I have in my collection, I feel love, warmth, sensual, complete. When it comes to wearing fur, and/or buying a new fur, I will feel excitement. It also evokes greed in me, as I know I'll never have enough, no matter how many furs I own. And of course, the more furs I own, the harder it becomes to choose which one to wear when I go out! Oh, and it has made me love the winter and yearn for winter during the summer months!

I so totally understand where you are coming from Stevefoxfurlover. I have nearly all the same responses to furs myself, and I would add that another is that if I see somone abusing a fur coat like fastening it so the guard hairs get worn off, placing hands in and out of pockets a lot that causes wear, it really steams me.

Totally agree lynxette. It's such a luxury item, and as such needs to be treated with care and respect. Anything that potentially damages it is a huge no-go for me. I got chatting to a guy with a fur fetish a while back, and his "thing" was that he would do rude things with his own furs, if you know what I mean. I just couldn't understand how he could do something like that and I was horrified when he wanted to do the same with my furs. Not a chance in hell that was happening!

There are some truly odd photos on Flickr of a gentleman 'spouting' his seed over some very expensive looking furs! Chinchilla, sable and a row of very high quality minks.

If you're interested, Put 'Markiza Pelz' into the Flickr search engine. It starts off normally as a collection of fur photos but, as one scrolls down, so it gets weirder.

For me it is several things I guess however "stress management" is at the top of the list. I feel very relaxed when sleeping under a fur blanket.

We have a raccoon fur blanket and I agree "stress management" is tops. Cuddle under a fur, sip some wine, watch a movie and stress melts away!!!!!!

Edited by Guest

I so totally understand where you are coming from Stevefoxfurlover. I have nearly all the same responses to furs myself, and I would add that another is that if I see somone abusing a fur coat like fastening it so the guard hairs get worn off, placing hands in and out of pockets a lot that causes wear, it really steams me.

When I was in my 20's, I had a brief but intense affair with an extremely wealthy older woman that involved a very expensive top quality mink coat where, how shall I put it, the welfare of the garment was not top priority?!

I'd like be to write about it but I'm not sure where the most appropriate platform would be. Suffice to say it was a seminal moment in my awakening of fur love.

Well, I do realise that my sort of obsessive compulsiveness would tend toplace a damper on some fur fun, trust me when I say that there are plenty of things one can do to enjoy furs without but the slightest risk of any harm coming to them.

• 1 month later...

It's sort of a stress relief for me.

Petting the fur, wearing it.

I have autism so, the texture really calms me down whenever I have a panic attack.

From what I answered here and how far I got, it's pretty weird how things ended going this far. Reading from your testimonials, I for once felt (in fact I still feel) this feeling of "overcare" - between quotes because, in the end, what you're doing is just proper care.

But, as I dive deeper, hungry for more knowledge about the extension of my fetish, things started to get weirder, but contrary to what has been lately described, this kind of taboo just got me more and more excited. Since I saw the first time what one could describe "fur abuse", I felt bad for quite long time. The thoughts hammered in my mind, as "why would someone do this?" started to become "what if I do this?". And when I embraced it, things get more weird as I felt like it completed a circle I was after to finish for a long long time.

Since I really am more attracted to furs than people (as long feelings aren't in play - then the rules are slightly different), more than natural I start to chase more ways to interact with it, and kinda understood (but not exactly accepted) how someone, for example, can like cars but still enjoy seeing demolition derbies. I already worshipped it (seeing them as an object of extreme desire), and already treated them as equal (dettaching all the connotations and seeing them as an object - what they really are), so I started to ask how it felt to abuse it, to mistreat it. And it felt equally good as the others, because I could do more things without being worried of what could happen. You can trace a parallel to a somewhat distorted slave-switcher-master thing, but applied to innanimate objects instead of a person.

As I despise any harm or damage to other people's property, I always played and toyed with my furs, all discoveries were made with things I bought and never had the straight face to propose it to someone who doesn't into or that are uncomfortable with the idea. But I kind of am grateful for the "soldiers lost during this battle" (as all of them were in beyond repair - part for the money, part for the "I can't do this" factor).