What has fur added to your life?

Furtigo

It's raised my self esteem because I always get compliments and I've certianly been glad to have it over these last excruciating couple of winters.

For me it's about passion. There is not too many things I go overboard for in this life. Mink coats with big fox collars, for example, are at the top of my list. We surely don't need things like this in our lives, but it makes it a hell of a lot more enjoyable. Winter can't get here soon enough for me!

I do not have a fur fetish whatsoever. But I am on the Autism spectrum and have hypersensitivity to cold below a certain temperature. Fur (I prefer fake for many reasons including logistics of getting it cleaned/stored - the closest furrier is 2 hours away and I have no driver's license yet) is the only thing which keeps me really warm in winter.

It would be more vanilla - which is boring!

I love the fact that I have this secret passion and interest. It lightens up autumn and winter. The excitement of spotting furs in public. The rareness in London (increasingly less so) makes it all the more exciting.

Yes it can sometimes be distracting and the frustrations that it isn't more prevalent, but I also quite like having this little secret with my wife that we can have fun with.

Life is far too short and it's much more fun to enjoy what you like rather than bottle it up and avoid it.

I think it's easy to over-exaggerate how weird your own fetish is, whatever it is, but fur is enjoying a renaissance at the moment so let's enjoy it!

hate to say it but life would probably have been easier/better if I didn't have this fetish

Why do you say that?

I go through periods where all I can think about is fur. Fur spotting in Autumn /winter becomes obsessive. My other half hates when I spot a fur as she thinks I fancy the wearer. I get turned on if I see a fur in a customers house. The list goes on....

Theres times when I don't even think about fur at all.. then there's days where Im in and out of the closet all day long wrapping myself in different full length coats or jackets!

Fur sightings are extremely rare around here now.. I remember when I was going to school grades 1-8 half of my teachers wore fur coats all winter.. mostly full length raccoons and coyotes.. I still remember sitting in class and seeing my one teachers big raccoon coat all day long and just wanting to crawl into it! When I got home from school, I always hoped no one was home from work yet, and my mom didn't wear her raccoon coat to work It was a hit and miss.... My mom knows I always wore her coat and didnt care.. she always said just wear it... she got 2 minks and just gave me the raccoon!

These days.. winter comes, -40 windchill, and you are lucky to see a fur coat anymore!! I remember downtown Winnipeg there were furriers on every corner!! Within a 10 minute walk downtown there were 5! Now out of those 5, there is only 1 which is The Bay... who are 3X more expensive than any other shop for anything...

• 2 weeks later...
Life is far too short and it's much more fun to enjoy what you like rather than bottle it up and avoid it.

I think it's easy to over-exaggerate how weird your own fetish is, whatever it is, but fur is enjoying a renaissance at the moment so let's enjoy it!

Very wise words and I totally agree! I never told anyone outside the internet community about my passion and love for fur, but when I did it was such a relief. After that I have told her more and more over the years and now I've told her everything. And she accepts that and doesn't think it's weird or anything, but a part of me. And she loves me! So after telling her I feel more loved and accepted and my passion for fur wich have been the biggest secret of my life has now turned to be the thing that makes me feel most loved.

So, fur gives me pleasure. I love fur, to touch it, to see it, to think about it. It has also made me feel more loved than I've ever felt before. Fur makes my life better!

• 2 weeks later...

alot of people have looked at me the wrong way for me... a guy wearing fur aka Me, bc the stereotype is for women only kind of deal which being treated that way isnt right in all the matter.... I still wear fur when its cold bc I love it for its warm and beauty weather its real or faux fur.

I personally have a faux fur jacket that I love wearing and im not afraid to wear it... It does get cold here in the southern US states to need a warm coat...

• 1 month later...

Furs have always been a passionate adventure for me even before my "Baptism". From magazines , television or real life I always enjoyed the surprise of seeing people wearing furs. (Lovely ladies are my favorite) Fur gives me a private world of luxury, adventure, sensuality, fun, guilty pleasure and many other wonderful feelings. I love the many different aspects of my fetish from erotic and sexy to soft and tender. I always thought I was the only one who loved fur so I guarded my secret. Now I always try to keep an open mind and too try different things. Like I did with furs!

Edited by Guest

I'm not sure about "added", but wearing fur makes me feel special. As someone already wrote it is good for his self esteem. I suppose that is true for me too. All I know is that when I am wearing my fur jacket I get many comments, mostly positive, but some not so positive (e.g. You're pimpin' that coat). My dean rubbed my jacket today and started purring. All in good fun. So yeah, I suppose it makes me feel special (if not different). It also puts me in a good mood when crappy things are happening.

Fur is so important to me that I must wear fur every day.

Today, for instance, I went Christmas shopping in a nearby town.

I wore my SABLE hooded gilet (as a jumper), topped with my FOX scarf (from Dennis Basso), my American Legend MINK coat (from Mailon), knitted SABLE scarf (from Dennis Basso), MINK cap, and MINK gloves.

I was a little disappointed that the temperatures here were too high, othewrwise I would have additionally worn my MINK full length gilet.

One can never wear enough FUR

I myself have never really had fur in my life. Furs aren't very popular in the UK and I don't know anyone who owns genuine furs. Also I'm only 22 so only just starting to face up to my obsession All I know is that I love fur and I want to experience more of the culture around it and the people who love it, which is why I'm here!

Living in the cold Northeast - this year is the exception - I have come to wear fur out a lot just to stay warm. My black fox fur parka is far better at blocking the wind than my old LL Bean down jacket. I wear the parka out every morning when I go down to the road to get the paper and walk the dog. I also operate the snow blower in it. So fur adds warmth.

Fur also adds carnality and sensuality, which is why I wear fur in the house as well as out. Long foxy coats - of which I have a few - are my favorites for this. Fur has made me realize how important the sensual is to a good life. Savoring the feel of fur has also made me savor food, drink, the feel of the wind, and many other things. Fortunately, I can indulge my fur fetish freely since I have a fur-friendly partner.

• 2 weeks later...

I relate to those who said it would b easier without it.. I am obsessed and admit that. The thought of furs and the desire to wear them is overwhelming. I wear them at home at every opportunity. Depending on my state of "horniness" or the weather, it can be downright debilitating.

That said, I love the sensual feelings that furs bring me. I told my wife in a rare revelation of my inner feelings one night, that furs give me a sense of security much like a child's favorite blanket, teddy bear, or stuffed animal . Sex with furs is a given passion of mine, as I am always seeking stimulation from either real or digital means to satisfy my urges. Unfortunately my wife, though cooperative at times, is not a fur-a-holic like some women (you lucky guys!). But sometimes, after a martini and a few glasses of wine, she becomes amorous, puts on a fur and can be convinced to head to the bedroom. Caveat- also very likely to then fall asleep on me.

Another facet of my obsession -- over the years I have purchased and then resold many coats on eBay. We all look for bargains, so I find good deals on quality coats. What I find myself doing is then buying these coats for others. I can count at least 9 fur coats I have bought and given to friends and family -- mostly women, but a couple of guys too. And I've lost track how many I've bought and sent to Internet fur-loving women I've followed online. OK that's a perversion that's maybe not so normal. But from those close friends to whom I have given coyote, raccoon, and even minks coats -- I am adored and considered the most generous guy in the world. So that's OK too.

• 3 months later...

My life would definitely be dull! Fur is almost like a hobby. I have spent countless hours viewing fur on the web, ordering furs, wearing furs. I am not sure how I would fill my time if it wasn't fir fur!

"furs give me a sense of security much like a child's favorite blanket, teddy bear, or stuffed animal ."

i can second you that!

doing something more elaborated than my first answer:

I use to say that furs are 50% of my heart, being other 50% cars, althought I don't have sexual desires for cars the way I have for furs. I can't deny that the coats play a big role in my life, even more since 2012.

usually, I plan (a bit too much) my buying, even when I happen to buy some "randomly", is in a moment that I'm looking for some (because I know it has the potential to make me go broke), which brings another factor of my fur life: I never sell a coat.

and, for the last part, furs helped me to discover and redo many of my visions about sexuality. safe to say, it's the instrument life used (and still using) to help me understand my desires (and surprisingly, understand others too). and I can't be thankful enough.

• 1 year later...

Fur added warmth . softness, and many other feelings. But most important I think it made me more understanding and compassionate.

Edited by Guest