Alice in Dairyland

billhenry1234

"Miss. Alice, your coat is so soft, what is it made of?"

Alice: "My coat is made of little animals called minks."

"How many minks did it take to make your coat?"

Alice: (laughing) "Minks are tiny animals so it takes dozens of them to make a beautiful coat like this. The more minks it takes, the better it is. It's totally worth it!"

"Do you feel bad for the minks?"

Alice (laughing again): "No, I don't feel bad at all. Minks are just like apple trees. You feed them, water them and when its time, you pick the fruit. In this case, the fruit is beautiful, warm and luxurious fur."

"Will we ever run out of minks?"

Alice: "Never. When more people want fur, we just grow more minks. Minks are natures gift to us. They exist purely for our enjoyment and pleasure."

[image]64796[/image]

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Our friend "Alice" is back with some great pro-fur social media posts. Check it out:

"Did you know mink are our state's natural recyclers? Mink require a high-protein diet that is supplemented with calcium. Wisconsin’s many processing industries partner with our breeders to turn waste meat, fish, liver, eggs, cheese and other products into the perfect food staple that is mixed fresh and fed to the animals daily. That keeps these products out of our landfills! It is no wonder Wisconsin is known for producing the best quality of fur in the world as mink are fed Wisconsin cheese and meat! #PrettyinMink"

https://www.facebook.com/DATCPAliceInDairyland/?hc_ref=ARTF4gXfvhwMjuL6lTTqdRXCYqMo3MVhbqMq85C3Hro5XPKL5xXqGWfB4d5hbkcZ8P8&fref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARDcx19SltcyHlN319Mxh-MJjYptwVkMZiciDKVWj5A5bwtAqbbzvirrKaj0wZ7i79Kj-JE7yMP9DI7cFSjcAJNQHxDhKuEmYFE7UBjvt2P_cPONjQTad-q8kRcEAUnEE7wpO7soV7E4MVVgc5uKpwZyF7R5NA8iB32eAjX0D8lryUrOU-w8mgf5aUgSaehtgvBFDD6PXFC2pP10_tz5Jdj2ZuuI6PENgFJqXVP-ZBFylCrK5BYNlk6_mZCIbs5Ccw6mvIajv2qEq39480pa8R9ZqPmBWOvRziWmpx48QofuVS3ee6Lgi8Iz9aMvZzRfhQ0ulNoOwB3o5814OkrYWqZTQg&__tn__=kC-R

https://www.facebook.com/pg/DATCPAliceInDairyland/posts/?ref=page_internal

Another reason I am so proud to say that I am from Wisconsin! And Milwaukee especially, as both the state and the city were founded by fur trappers and furriers. I love that this tradition continues and promotes real fur across the state.