Reason to wear fur

Furplur

Hey guys,

I'm quite new here and wondered why all of you buy fur. I think everyone has another reason to buy it and I'm pretty curious about it. I buy it because there are a lot of designers use it and it's very fashionable

I'm looking forward to your answers!

Do you have that feeling only when you wear the real ones or also when you wear faux ones? To be honest I don't really see the difference (sorry)

I find faux fur is "alright" and will do the trick but I would never choose faux versus real. Nothing beats real fur for playing or cuddling in or touching. For the look, faux is a good look and will definitely turn me a lot of the time but the touch of faux fur only turns me on the odd time but touching real fur especially when it's on my wife works 100% off the time. Even if I had zero energy and wasn't in the mood, I couldn't even stop myself from pouncing on my wife and offering anything for a fur cuddle. I lose all control with real fur but I don't have that experience with faux fur.

Fur is a tactile sensation that can be sexual fetish as well as a warm winter garment that can also provide a tactile pleasure. Personally, my main use of fur is wearing my 2 arctic parkas in the winter. Although I also occasionally indulge in the fetish aspects of fur.

Fur for me is a sexual experience. The smooth texture of the fur caressing your skin, the warmth it provides, and the feeling of pure ecstasy. Fur also symbolizes power and wealth.

I rarely wear a thick, hooded rabbit bomber I have, I do get my wife to indulge especially now that it's gotten much colder, at least here in Tennessee anyways. For her she thinks more on the practical with it depending on the weather. We went to a Christmas Light tour last December and it was maybe 10 degrees and the wind chill just as bad. She wore a hooded black fox vest I gave her one year and she looked so stunning in it. While we waited in line, there were plenty of college age "twentysomethings" who kept eyeing her fox with envy. I suppose those are the times I enjoy it most. It sounds bad, but I love to have her dress in a huge fox fur and go someplace somewhat decent and watch the other women shiver in those plastic jackets. We both kind of enjoy making those women feel super jealous and envious of her fox.

• 1 year later...

Of course, fur is excellent for cold weather wear - super comfy and cuts down on the overall amount of layers - it could get down to the low twenties and I can get by perfectly well with just one of my fur coats on, a t-shirt underneath, and some jeans.

But it's also a great ice breaker/conversation starter. I can't tell you how many people I've met who have approached me all because I was wearing a fur coat.

Oh and then there's the whole fetish angle, too.

Furrycocoon, my very large collection consists almost entirely of fox with only a full length tanuki and a coyote w/ fox trim standing out as exceptions. That being said, I don't ever really wear the full length out, so basically just the foxes and the coyote. I've noticed people love the fox fur more than any other, too - had a girl in a mink once approach and pet it and she was all like "this is the only type of fur (meaning the fox) I'm buying from this point on."

I just can't stop myself wearing fur, perhaps I was a cat, or other fur endowed animal in a previous existance.

I usually wear 4 items, scarf, gloves, hat & coat. Sometimes more fur. A MINK gilet, an SABLE (3m) overscarf.

I try to maximise the actual amount of fur. My coats for example, must be at least 1.2m (48") long, and have a sweep of 2.5m (100"). Anything less just isn't enough. Now when I'm wearing one of my MINK coats as a lining, together with the (sleeveless) MINK gilet, I consider this to be just about right.

In fact, when I need to take my outer coat(s) off, I keep wearing the gilet!

love to have her dress in a huge fox fur and go someplace somewhat decent and watch the other women shiver in those plastic jackets. We both kind of enjoy making those women feel super jealous and envious of her fox.

Me too! I remember walking out of a restaurant at Lake Tahoe one winter, my wife wearing her silver fox stroller, and the head turns from the envious women almost snapped their necks.

One of my favorite reasons is the reaction that I get from women, such as the blonde in the supermarket today. I was wearing my thick soft hooded black fox parka. Her reaction: "Can I crawl in there with you?".

I have always had the romantic notion of furs that the one wearing them was safe, warm, protected and loved by someone else who provided it for them. I realise now as an adult that this is certainly not always true, but it remains a romantic fantasy nonetheless. This would sort of go along with the descriptions of envy people say they notice when they or a loved one is wrapped in furs and others are not, although envy is a bit negative to the feelings I had before I had furs...more a feeling of longing for one too than envy, which by definition implies not wanting the other person to have one their's, or wanting to take their's away from them. This is never how I have felt.

• 3 weeks later...

I love reading your responses!

Here's my answer. Because I can.

Despite growing up in the 1980s, a relatively fur-positive era, with a family who experienced a period of success leading to keeping-up-with-the- (joneses?) -and-their-flashy-wardrobe-choices, I was surrounded by fabulous garments amid staunchly traditional gender roles. The simplistic message: fur was for girls. Don't enjoy it too much, boy. Never mind the history of animal pelts in men's fashion or its remarkable adaptation by hip-hop culture. I soon found myself convinced there was something wrong with me.

So really, it's the locus of my self-liberation.

In the late 90s, when I found the precursors to this site, discovering such acceptance, of even a small part of myself, was a really big deal. My heart would flutter whenever I saw someone enjoying the warm softness of fur, and my excitement peaked during winter holiday crowds in the Northeast US. In the bedroom, it was revolutionary. Over the decades the biggest surprise ended up to be how normal -- and decoupled from the universe of fetish objects -- this had become for me. I don't think budding young furlovers should aspire to get excited every single time they see someone walking down the street wearing something that looks soft. We should be well socialized yet unashamed.

By the same token, I think we as consumers of fur products -- vintage or otherwise -- are among the strongest voices for greater responsibility within an industry facing great competition in one hemisphere and generational contraction (old furriers dying off) in another. Yet it's one of the oldest industries on Earth. As a friend mused this morning, how did native tribal people weather the winter? Fire and hides. Fire and hides. And cuddling. Yes, friends, not enough gets said about the sustainability of animal products. As much as I think synthetic pile textile has made leaps and bounds this decade as a furry fabric and as a guilt mitigator for borderline vegans (save the debate for another thread), it's usually made from petrochemicals. Animal fibers are biodegradable. At the end of the service life of genuine fur garments, they should be cut apart and composted. This is yet another reason.

I don't visit this site often anymore, but keep the discussions rolling, and have a brilliant New Year celebration!

J.

I think because I can, lol. There's the fetish part, the fashion part, the stylish part, but being brutally honest, is because I can hoard them and not needing to give satisfaction anymore.

I have always had the romantic notion of furs that the one wearing them was safe, warm, protected and loved by someone else who provided it for them. I realise now as an adult that this is certainly not always true, but it remains a romantic fantasy nonetheless. This would sort of go along with the descriptions of envy people say they notice when they or a loved one is wrapped in furs and others are not, although envy is a bit negative to the feelings I had before I had furs...more a feeling of longing for one too than envy, which by definition implies not wanting the other person to have one their's, or wanting to take their's away from them. This is never how I have felt.

I had a similar notion when growing up. Perhaps most would think it was odd, but I absolutely could not wait to start dating a woman on the steady and buy her a fur coat as romantic gift. In a way, I felt I would be showing a great deal of romantic love; that is to say that say a woman out somewhere else sees her and thinks that she is lucky to have a man who is willing to spoil her with such furs because he loves her. Perhaps I'm an old school romantic that way. I even went so far as to have a star named after a woman I used to date......

No sir, you are definitely a gentleman and a scholar in my book. Thank you for sharing that.

Why thank you very much for the compliment. I cannot figure out men who do not wish to spoil or take care of their women. Perhaps it is the southern gentleman in me, but that's just the way I've always seen it. I've contemplated writing a book on such, a fiction story of course and I really do think it has legs, but the writer in me does have trouble keeping things paced out evenly. Although I must ask, what labeled me a "scholar" in your book?