Fur Suit / Overalls

leatherzaddy

I found some discussions vaguely related to this, but there wasn't anything recent so I was curious of what the current active or lurking members have to say about custom fur suits and overalls. Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-B-W-FOX-FUR-COAT-SUIT-FOR-MEN-OR-WOMEN-/311834940418?hash=item489acf9402:m:mzKKwqbP0hcog0KDDGfHpXQ

While that example isn't exactly what I have in mind (I'm thinking monotone, full skins) I've always wanted one. Ever since I first encountered pictures on eBay from Oliverfurs. Nearly 10 years later I'm finally at a point where I could have one made (yay!). But I want to have this project done by the right person for the job whether that's Oliverfurs or someone else. Does anybody have any tips, suggestions?

Would the following be more to your liking

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-DOUBLE-SIDED-CANADIAN-COYOTE-FUR-SNOWSUIT-JUMPSUIT-COAT-MEN-MAN-SZ-ALL-/382028781329?hash=item58f2b09711

I have considered buying one of these, but cannot currently justify the cost.

Hahaha!!! That thing looks like it should be worn by the mascot of the Build-a-Bear factory

For having worn 3 or 4 full fursuits from Oliver, I can confirm he is THE one about sewing these wonders. One thing to remind about this kind of suit is that the best is to have fur also on the inside, it's better worn perfectly nude, it's very hot as you can go outside when it's freezing without being cold. I also suggest you to choose the fur lined hoods, that's way more pleasurable.

If you choose it without fur on the inside, only the person with whom you're having a sexy time will have eeeevveeery benefits of soft fur

So really think about that point. Feel free to ask if you need infos, I'll subscribe to this thread.

I see both of your points AK/Panther! Sure, a double-sided something would be a dream but yes, it would likely be massively expensive and I would feel like a teddy bear mascot in Oliverfurs' coyote suit. It's funny finally being in a position where you can get something like this from Oliver but you don't want it to be an impulse buy. With what I would spend on the one coyote suit I could just as easily put towards coats, jackets and accessories that would get more day-to-day use. Living in Brooklyn (where winter has been mildly cold at best) a fur suit is definitely something for fun only, but that doesn't mean I'm not still open to realizing my 10+ year old dream!

I'm glad to see your recommendation fourrureclub. I'm a member of your site and I thought about posting there but sadly I do not speak French. I'm definitely considering the double-sided as I love the idea of seeing myself covered in fur, while feeling it all on the inside as well. Lots of things to consider. I may ask if Oliverfurs has the coyote on hand as I've heard you can visit their location in Montreal. I've always wanted to visit the city and if I can actually try a suit myself it may help with the decision.

Thank you all for your thoughts If anyone else wants to chime in I'm all ears.

Oh we do have an english spoken forum, but what you say makes me think that I should clearly separate french and english pages. Trying to mix everything doesn't seem to be the best idea...

Anyway, yes you should consider a fur lining, even a rabbit one, which is thiner than fox or coyote, and can be a cheap way to get fur everywhere. I also confirm, for having tested it with my girl that cuddling someone fully covered of fur is the best pleasure that a furlover can expect

Yeah, maybe rabbit, or sheared beaver would be a good alternative. I'm thinking now that full coyote or fox double-sided suit sounds like a bit overkill. Something lighter like rabbit on the inside could end up being nicer.

While I agree with fourrureclub that a thinner fur lining might be desirable, the fact that rabbit frequently tends to shed a lot might make it a less satisfying option.

For me if cost, usability, and possibly durability were not major issues, I would definitely get one of Oliver Furs double sided coyote suits.

Update yall: I reached out to oliver furs about having a pair of blue fox fur pants done with a sheared beaver lining in black. Still waiting to hear back, while the coyote double-sided suit is amazing I think doing separates is the best route to go I'm gonna do a blue fox fur overcoat in black as well to go with the pants.

Id love to see a blue fox fur body suit lined with a super soft dark beaver fur in the equivelent size to a mens 3x just bc i am a big guy at 5foot 7inches at 245poundsn weight.. along with a hood

Id love to see a blue fox fur body suit lined with a super soft dark beaver fur in the equivelent size to a mens 3x just bc i am a big guy at 5foot 7inches at 245poundsn weight.. along with a hood

Sounds lovely Paul I'm six foot four inches and 200 pounds, so I may be quite the imposing figure once I step out in black fox fur pants and a fox fur overcoat.

• 2 weeks later...

I've considered a jumpsuit in the past, but I've found jumpsuits unwieldly at best. I prefer fur pants (with a zipper since I'm a guy), which provide much more flexibility.

I've considered a jumpsuit in the past, but I've found jumpsuits unwieldly at best. I prefer fur pants (with a zipper since I'm a guy), which provide much more flexibility.

Glad to hear from someone with experience. Definitely going with pants to be able to wear separately.

• 1 year later...

Well it took over a year to get to updating y'all on this, a lot of life things happened this past year lol, but I have some results.

I decided not to go custom because if I were doing that I'd really like to visit Montreal so I could talk over the design with them in person. This past year I just didn't have the time to get up there. Plus, I decided to save my money for some custom items made here in NY that I could actually wear out and about. However, when Oliverfurs/Uniquefurs posted some lamb fur suits for sale ($995) last August I couldn't help but go for it. While they said the lamb fur overalls wouldn't fit, they offered to sell me this black fox fur-lined leather suit instead for the same price! Score! It's super nice for $995 and while it was not made with full skins on the inside the pieced fox makes it lighter. This suit is quite a dream to wear around the house on cold winter days.

[attachment=0]IMG_2627.JPG[/attachment]

Well it took over a year to get to updating y'all on this, a lot of life things happened this past year lol, but I have some results.

I decided not to go custom because if I were doing that I'd really like to visit Montreal so I could talk over the design with them in person. This past year I just didn't have the time to get up there. Plus, I decided to save my money for some custom items made here in NY that I could actually wear out and about. However, when Oliverfurs/Uniquefurs posted some lamb fur suits for sale ($995) last August I couldn't help but go for it. While they said the lamb fur overalls wouldn't fit, they offered to sell me this black fox fur-lined leather suit instead for the same price! Score! It's super nice for $995 and while it was not made with full skins on the inside the pieced fox makes it lighter. This suit is quite a dream to wear around the house on cold winter days.

IMG_2627.JPG

I have to say that looks comfy af!

Black fox-lined suit. I'd be wearing that outside the house as well. Oh my.
One day, when I live in a more private bit of land that sees more snow than Brooklyn, this will be my snowsuit. (Hopefully one of many)

One of the furs that is on my wish list is a silk onesie, that is fully lined in CHINCHILLA. Too think that my body is (almost) covered in such soft fur would be a delight.

On top of that would be a sheared MINK white or cream shirt. sheared MINK jacket, and trousers. This would be my normal indoor wear.

For going out there would be several FUR coats, scarves, hats, gloves.

One of the furs that is on my wish list is a silk onesie, that is fully lined in CHINCHILLA. Too think that my body is (almost) covered in such soft fur would be a delight.

On top of that would be a sheared MINK white or cream shirt. sheared MINK jacket, and trousers. This would be my normal indoor wear.

For going out there would be several FUR coats, scarves, hats, gloves.

I like the way you think

Why not choose mink over Beaver?

Also I would like to mention that the softness of furs greatly depends upon the quality of the fur.

So make sure you are buying from the top lot

How is it that I had no idea that these were a thing? I am almost sorry to have learned about them, mainly because I want one now, but if I spent $6k on something like that I probably would have a lot to explain to both my wife and most likely a divorce attorney. But if I ever hit the Powerball though...look out.

Since I am dreaming, it can't hurt to say I would definitely go with a black mink exterior, lined with white rabbit fur.

• 2 years later...

What about having one made with faux fur?? Faux is something I know most don't like... its budget friendly to me... would I have to get some one to make it for me or is it better to get a couple of used faux fur coats to sew together?