Do u ever let people borrow your furs

Guest jennyfurlover

Okay each year there is a pta raffle at my daughters school and I let one women each year Borrow one of my 6 fox fur coats from December to march it is very popular raffle last year I gave away my crystal fox with a white fox trim this year and the one mom who got it loved it so much I would see her wearing it every day in the winter when she would pick up her daughter. She literally wore that coat everywhere and seemed to almost start crying when she had to give it back to me in march have you ever let someone else borrow you're fur coat

I let one of my cousins borrow a blue fox I was in the process of selling on ebay one christmas eve. We were checking out the Christmas lights and decor in this one upscale neighborhood. And we were really just cruising around with my parents... They were in the front seat and my cousin and I were in the back wearing our furs. And it really was a lot of fun...In fact it was from that moment that really provided the spark for me, that made me decide that the two of us should go on this Alaska trip together next year.

The most unusual exchange of furs we encountered was whilst on holiday in Milan. My wife got talking to a woman who had known her father from years ago so they ended up going out shopping one day. Maria, the woman, turned up at the reception area in a full length dark sable coat which my wife and I complimented her on. Since my wife was wearing her full length 'blackglama' mink they tried on each other's coats and Maria offered to swap for the duration of their shopping trip. My wife LOVED the sable's sheer cuddliness and its lightness.

The only problem was that Maria smoked so the sable reeked of red Marlboro fumes as did my wife's mink when they returned! It took a few days of being hung outside and a furrier's clean to completely remove the smell.

My wife borrows them all the time, and I've given away to the local homeless shelter one or two "mistakes" that I purchased on ebay that didn't measure up.

My wife let her friend borrow her black fox jacket, (while she wore her crystal fox) as they went to a party, so just the one time.

I do it all the time, but only when I'm with the borrower! I can't wait until my nipoti (nieces and nephews) ask to borrow my collection.

I let one of my cousins borrow a blue fox I was in the process of selling on ebay one christmas eve. We were checking out the Christmas lights and decor in this one upscale neighborhood. And we were really just cruising around with my parents... They were in the front seat and my cousin and I were in the back wearing our furs. And it really was a lot of fun...In fact it was from that moment that really provided the spark for me, that made me decide that the two of us should go on this Alaska trip together next year.

I an thinking of taking my wife to Alaska on a cruise. I like to buy her a mink to take along the trip. It would be our first fur. Please let me know if conditions on a cruise warrant taking a fur.

I an thinking of taking my wife to Alaska on a cruise. I like to buy her a mink to take along the trip. It would be our first fur. Please let me know if conditions on a cruise warrant taking a fur.

My cousin and I will not be on any cruise while we are in Alaska. We will be landlocked in Anchorage and possibly Fairbanks during the entire trip. As I understand it, cruises typically happen during either the wet season or the summer time, when the waters off the coast of Alaska are typically clear. They can't do it in the winter when the Bearing Sea is frozen or if there are big icebergs around. And it gets hot during the summer. Typically 80 F so that is no place for a fur.

For those close friends of mine who know me well, my having a "liking" for furs is now totally understood and has become part of my persona. However in recent years my desire to own and wear furs have never been enough for me. I want to offfer the oppotunity to appreciate the fur experience to everyone in my circle and beyond.

Thus, for at least the last ten years I have purchased furs priodically on eBay that I knew would not fit me nor my wife, but were a good quality bargain nonetheless. The price was low enough that I had no problem giving them away to deserved recipients. I started giving coats to online women whose website demonstrated their love of furs. But the real turning point was New Years Eve, December 2010. At that time we lived in an apartment overlooking Colorado Blvd in Pasadena, where each New Year's Day, the Rose Parade would pass by directly below us. So the first year we lived there, we had several close friends spend the night to view the parade the next morning. That year was particularly cold for Southern Califonia - like in the low 40's, and our aparrtment was located on the shady side of the buidling. My wife and I took the opportunity to wear fur coats that night, the others brought lighter weight coats and jackets. It was not long before two other ladies were jealous of our furs and I could see an opportunity. I offeredthe older woman another raccoon coat of mine (which was huge on her petite body) and a coyote coat (too small for us) to another female guest. Both LOVED wearing the coats, and never took them off all night and the next cold morning. In the morning two more women arrived, a mom and adult daughter. The daughter immediately saw my raccoon coa, and commented how much she loved it. Another opportunity ! I found a long haired beaver coat in our closet for her to wear.

At the end of the day, I convinced the friend wearing the coyote that I wanted her to have it. After great resistance she finally gave in and accepted the coat. The next Christmas, knowing how much the older woman loved the "huge" raccoon, I was able to locate a lovely smaller raccoon coat at a great price and gave it to her. Needless to say she adores it and wears it often in the winter.

Even though we eventually moved away from Colroado Blvd., we continued having friends over for New Year's, to stay and for the taking of what has become the traditional "fur coat picture." And each year I have given another member or two of our group a fur coat to wear for the picture and then keep. These included beaver, raccoons, nutria and even 2 minks! I have lost track of how many furs I have purchased and given to friends and even strangers. Now I believe every one of our close group and family has at least one fur coat. I feel I am the "Johnny Appleseed of the Fur industry" trying to bring a little joy and knowledge wherever possible. I even convinced my wife last Christmas that we should buy a silver fox stroller for our realtor, whom we adore, in appreciation for all her hard work (and crap she dealt with) on our belhalf the year prior.

Some call me nuts, but those who have received the fur coats, are completely grateful. And to address the original point of this post, yes I am happy to lend a fur coat whenever possible, but prefer to join them as well to enjoy the experience.

That's pretty awesome of you Ron.

Again - Kudos to all of you who are that awesome to let borrow, or even give away. It's taken me a long time just to get a single fox that I can't even wear I can't imagine letting anyone use it except my wife.

• 2 weeks later...

I would relally like my wife to borrow any of my furs from my lovely wardrobe.

She can't be convinced (so far) how warm fur is. Although always complaining about being cold!!

• 1 month later...
I borrow my mother´s coats but I know she is not really confortable with it.

Wait, didn't she give you her full length red fox coat? and you Mom have second thoughts about you wearing it now? I'm confused

My second oldest granddaughter has demonstrated a keen interest in our furs. She tries on a mink jacket which is close to fitting her every time she comes over. As she grows out of the mink, she will probably get one of our larger Fox furs. I am grooming her to take care of and to properly wear furs. If no other grandchild demonstrates any interest in our furs she will get my entire collection when she's old enough.

I borrow my mother´s coats but I know she is not really confortable with it.

Wait, didn't she give you her full length red fox coat? and you Mom have second thoughts about you wearing it now? I'm confused

She gave me her red fox. Now that one is mine! But if I ask her to borrow her mink stroller she will say yes, but not really happy. She let me use it once.

Anyway, I can't complain. She has been generous enough! I love that red fox! And now I have my own mink coat, so I have no need to borrow anything.

She is not confortable sharing. She is afraid that I don't take proper care of her clothes. And she thinks that my perfume stays in the clothes and she hates that.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, nice story Ron! I like the idea of having friends borrow your furs and spread the love of fur, but so far I've never tried it in reality.

Once I was going to let a younger fur friend borrow some of my "play furs" over a weekend for him to enjoy, but he never showed up to our meeting point. Probably was for the best.

• 1 month later...

Twice I've let friends of mine borrow my furs and once they loved the coat so much she ended up purchasing it from me - I actually made a pretty decent profit on it, too, and have other ones that I love more anyway so it wasn't a huge loss at all.