For sale: St. Moritz fur-rich mansion for just 180M

LeComte

You don't know where to stay in St. Moritz? Here's the place: 'The Lonsdaleite' - a villa appeasing a true furlover. For 180 million you get fur-covered walls, fox carpets, an arctic fox bedroom, a walk-in closet covered in gold, fur spreads all over and all the luxury items you ever dreamt of. Winter is coming!

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/12/most-expensive-home-in-switzerland-is-on-the-market-for-185-million.html

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/10/12/inside-the-most-expensive-estate-in-switzerland.html

https://www.suedostschweiz.ch/stars-sternli/2017-10-18/unter-30-millionen-gibts-hier-nichts

http://www.20min.ch/schweiz/news/story/Waende-der-180-Mio-Villa-sind-mit-Nerz-tapeziert-24846212

That chateau exactly seems like the type of place where a Bond villain might hang his hat at night. Forget the volcano base, THAT is the quintessential evil lair, right there.

• 1 month later...

My preference walls from floor to celling of chinchilla and main suite swathed in top quality Russian Sable and a huge bedspread of matching Russian Sable, the owner's wife is a very lucky lady, I for one would be more happy to shear him, in return for been surrounded by such luxury, my boyfriend suggested remote controlled mink floor to celling curtains.

• 2 months later...

I do use furs extensively in my decorating...mainly throws, blankets, tails, fur teddy bears, etc, but this presents a totally new idea and lefel to take things. I would perhaps be a bit worried about security in such a place though, but such concerns can be overcome.

Probably true, but affording the security and wanting to deal with the details of it are two different things. Much is involved in securing such things, especially once they are publicly known. Very often here at the den i get chided a bit for not being more public with myself and my furs collection. This is the example of why there is a very good reason for this, and why i will never be too public.

Probably true, but affording the security and wanting to deal with the details of it are two different things. Much is involved in securing such things, especially once they are publicly known. Very often here at the den i get chided a bit for not being more public with myself and my furs collection. This is the example of why there is a very good reason for this, and why i will never be too public.

Very true you right in been going public on the den with such a magnificent fur collection, but the owner of such a fur filled mansion most likely has armed guards roaming the grounds and secure backgrounds cheeks on the numerous servants it would take to run such residence to their high expectations.

Edited by Guest

I have no argument whatsoever that this is a marvelous dream home for any fur lover, myself included of course. I own such on a smaller scale, but I am saying that i have personal experience in the actual day to day running of such, and it is not all that it is cracked up to be. Those that have no experience of this cannot truly appreciate this fact. Help is certainly required, and would be available to the owner here, but the owning of so much does create stress...that is my only point.

I do use furs extensively in my decorating...mainly throws, blankets, tails, fur teddy bears, etc, but this presents a totally new idea and lefel to take things. I would perhaps be a bit worried about security in such a place though, but such concerns can be overcome.

Your Furry Palace sounds like a dream to me Darling.....

I have no argument whatsoever that this is a marvelous dream home for any fur lover, myself included of course. I own such on a smaller scale, but I am saying that i have personal experience in the actual day to day running of such, and it is not all that it is cracked up to be. Those that have no experience of this cannot truly appreciate this fact. Help is certainly required, and would be available to the owner here, but the owning of so much does create stress...that is my only point.

A little stress, surrounded by so much luxury with the means to protect it, I am sure the luxury far out ways the stress.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no personal experience, but a friend of mine told me of her experience as a personal ladies maid to the wife of a Russian tycoon.

Okay, but I am speaking as the owner, not the person charged with the care. Perhaps we should just leave this thread alone at this point, as we are quite likely talking past each other, and arguing is not going to benefit anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I can imagine the vetting and background checks, particularly on the interior staff must be extremely vigorous, for fear of any verminous animal right's activist penetrating such a fur heaven, the vermin not only hate fur they also despise the rich.

Definitely the case, yes...always impossible to know for sure. I have been fortunate in finding the right people during my life, but it is always slightly worrisome.

Yes it would be worrisome having such a fab fur collection without the appropriate security, I am quite the mansion's ground's in St Moritz's has plenty of armed guards patrolling it. to give the owner's and their invited V.I.P. guest's that extra sense of security.