Cat fur

furlovertx

Do you like cat fur?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like cat fur?

• Yes
    • Looks nice but wouldn't wear it
    • No

Does anyone else here love cat fur coats? Cat is my favorite fur, and I thought it would be nice to share some pics of this underappreciated fur. Sorry if it offends any cat lovers, but hopefully they can enjoy seeing some of the beautiful coats cats can be used to make.

334p2j4.jpg

2woy5fr.jpg

35byvkj.jpg

6s4zky.jpg

99hour.jpg

6dvfiv.jpg

oa3nfr.jpg

o7k6c3.jpg

14vnxbd.jpg

Edited by Guest

Very striking appearance, but not really to my taste overall as it is not really thick and fluffy like fox, lynx, etc. Thank you for sharing the many pics though, as I have not seen so many of this type before.

I'm guessing that some of those may be rabbit dyed to look like a cat, but who knows, some are real for sure. Anyway thanks for the pictures, the all look great.

I'm guessing that some of those may be rabbit dyed to look like a cat, but who knows, some are real for sure. Anyway thanks for the pictures, the all look great.

I was going to say the same, but oh that grey one of the first post

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to say the same, but oh that grey one of the first post

I often see it the other way round. Cat fur labled as rabbit. It has something facinating but on the other hand I also like cats.

I often see it the other way round. Cat fur labled as rabbit. It has something facinating but on the other hand I also like cats.

I'm pretty okay about it because I split beings into the ones I have emotional attachment and the ones used as raw material. Sounds crude but makes sense

Wow, I never knew there were actual cat fur coats. I'd heard that in China they have used cat pelts sometimes alongside other pelts or faux fur to manufacture cheaper fur coats that they then try to pass off as genuine, but not that cat pelts could be used to make their own coats.

Cat fur has always fascinated me and has seemed so soft and full os visually striking patterns as well. The pictures of coats posted in here do reflect that. As much as I dislike cats for their shedding--last weekend I set my black henley and jeans on the ground of what looked like a pristine apartment with two cats, and it took over 10 lint roller strips to get it all out the next day!--and dander which can occasionally cause my skin to break out, I don't think I could proudly own a cat fur garment. I know too many cat lovers and cat owners.

• 2 months later...
Love these. Are cats hunted or farmed? What type of cat

I think sometimes trapped, sometimes farmed. They're just ordinary house cats

I'm pretty okay about it because I split beings into the ones I have emotional attachment and the ones used as raw material. Sounds crude but makes sense

I have cats but can wrap my head around this, just as I hold nothing against cultures who simultaneously have cats as pets as well as consuming them. I had a boss who had four or five pet chickens but still brought store-bought chicken breast into work for lunch on a regular basis. I think the taboo nature of having a fur made from cats is what makes them kind of exotic, provocative, and hot. In this thread, there are pictures of beautiful women wearing these coats in public despite what others might think if they recognize the patterns of the fur being cat.

One of my favorite pictures in this thread was this one, posted by furlovertx. The model is beautiful and the coat fits her curves quite nicely:

o7k6c3.jpg

And the coats in that video from Two Broke Girls were amazing. I find it hard to believe that a Hollywood producer would have such furs in their show.

• 2 months later...
Uploaded some photos of coats made from orange tabbies

1zx1tfm.jpg

24c7fo7.jpg

zswdn5.jpg

65q4uu.jpg

2s1ro1e.jpg

27wvr80.jpg

2464arb.jpg

1pgdoy.jpg

2drvqlf.jpg

1670788.jpg

149oakg.jpg

The top two are stunning. She's just beautiful. Have any more?