Content unavailable

Guest CAPITALISTIC BLONDE

I do the same. I want to have my fur next to me on a chair or over my chair over the backrest. I would not feel safe if it was on a wardrobe accessible for everyone the way it usually is in a Restaurant.

I agree. Just recently me and my girlfriend went to a restaurant and the wardrobe they had was unattended, so the only option is to bring it, but it's big and you don't want it over a chair where somebody might spill something on it either...

Once, at the opera, I saw a woman hand her ankle length mink to the cloakroom attendant who promptly hung it on a peg along the seam where the collar joins the back. You could see the poor coat straining and, after a few hours, I'm sure there must have been permanent damage. The coat was obviously too heavy to have a cord incorporated in the lining to hang it up and would have required a proper coat hanger.

Determined that none of my wife's coats would be treated like that, I purchased 4 folding coat hangers which I've put her coats. Fortunately, she's never needed them. If there are no facilities available, I make a 'coat sandwich' by putting her fur coat inside mine so, if anything gets spilt, it'll affect my coat and not hers.

To be honest, I'm never happy leaving an expensive fur coat where it could be damaged or stolen. The hassle involved in making a claim makes it advisable to stop anything bad happening in the first place.

I have seen coat checks at events where they are out of hangers and they just put them the coats whatever way they can. Hopefully they do not get things mixed up.

It annoys me where there are NO facitities to hang a coat, not even a coat stand. Obviously I don't want to wear a MINK coat whilst eating, so I have to fold it onto another chair. This means that my coat isn't on view, and can't display its beauty. Needless to say one of the reasons I wear as much fur as possible is to let others see them, especially to encourage them to wear their furs.

I therefore prefer establishments that allow my FUR to be displayed, even if it means that its not close to me.