No more fur farms in Norway by 2025

pnwChill

From another article I read:

“by contrast, Norway produced only about 3% of 7.3m fox furs worldwide in a market dominated by China, with 69%, and Finland”

So, overall, if this stat is correct, it’s not the main contributor but I do have a feeling that the quality of the fur is better in Norway than what is produced in China.

From another article I read:

“by contrast, Norway produced only about 3% of 7.3m fox furs worldwide in a market dominated by China, with 69%, and Finland”

So, overall, if this stat is correct, it’s not the main contributor but I do have a feeling that the quality of the fur is better in Norway than what is produced in China.

And this should be so important to those PC-animal-rights-douchebags, as not only the quality is better in Norway, but also the treatment of the animals. A fox doesn't care if it's living in Norway or China, it cares about how it's being treated. Now I have to buy chinese fur...

From an animal rights perspective, they should either push to make buying and wearing fur totally illegal, or do nothing at all. Pushing farms out of Europe doesn't lessen the demand for fur, it just heightens the demand for fur from countries where animals are mistreated.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I was pretty annoyed by this and am getting around to write my own protest letter to the local Norwegian high commission. We can all moan about this, but I think we have a voice too, and sending a nicely worded polite protest letter to them might have some impact.

What annoys me is the inference only the fur farms are a problem. What about wool from a sheep (plenty of sheep in Norway needing shearing) and trawler fishing (lots of fish consumption in Norway)? Are they any more problematic, or are their just too many workers in those industries to piss off, hence pick the 'elitist' farmers first.

If fur farming is truly a waning trend, then let them go by natural attrition rather than political grandstanding.

Enough said......all of you consider a nicely worded letter to your local embassy indicating the small minded bigoted decision by a minority government in power at present and hope our small collective voice drowns out the PETA rhetoric!

They will regret it, especially when their tax revenues go down due to running a very profitable business into the ground. Typical of the emotional shortsightedness of so many on that end of the political spectrum.