Content unavailable

Guest CAPITALISTIC BLONDE

That looks like Montana lynx to me. As I understand it, usually the fur of Montana lynx has short wirey hairs with more of a predominately tan hue with several smaller brown spots while it’s Canadian cousin has more of a subtle brownish hue with very pronounced deeper brown spots mixed with even amounts of white. The fur of Canadian lynx is typically very long and is the most plush. And the grandaddy of them all - -Russian lynx - - is practically pure white with hardly any gradations at all complimented with subtle spots. It also has the softest texture of all three types.

I would imagine its the same thing as Canadian lynx. Its just a regional difference. I'll look up these differences on Pinterest. Perhaps its easy to tell them apart.

ofcourse its europian and asian lynx,its the same,and not much animals left,abouth 60 on whole croatian area,hunt nnot alowed at all,beautifull animal,as u can see

Anyone have any idea on what type of Lynx (or is it another spotted cat?) this is?

Lynxspotted.png

I would classify that as a montana lynx coat with a heavy ratio of brown>white accents

Anyway here is kind of a simple visual breakdown of the differences between Canadian Lynx, Montana Lynx and Russian Lynx (which are considered to be the three major types)

Montana:

DSC_TC30108_6.jpg

Canadian:

fba95e92a05f58fc4b1d0cc43fb5ad6f.jpg

Russian:

6c9cfb2cca74170bd1469eff49e2f9df.jpg

This should clear things up. As you can see they all have their distinctive patterns and textures.

I would classify that as a montana lynx coat with a heavy ratio of brown>white accents

Anyway here is kind of a simple visual breakdown of the differences between Canadian Lynx, Montana Lynx and Russian Lynx (which are considered to be the three major types)

Thank you so much Panther! I talked to Marc Kaufman and another furrier who also say the first coat is American Lynx.

ofcourse its europian and asian lynx,its the same,and not much animals left,abouth 60 on whole croatian area,hunt nnot alowed at all,beautifull animal,as u can see

Thank you so much vujo.. the Croatian Lynx fur in the photo you posted is lovely! Can you tell me if you were referring to the second coat in the thread?

OK, now i have a Q. for ya ll. Is there a diff. between a lynx and a snow leaperd?

Yes. Hunting or trapping Snow leopard is considered illegal.