Fur Addiction

lynxette

I have very rarely started threads, but this topic has been on my mind for some time now, so I will toss it out there. Many times I have commented on threads regarding having a fur fetish...whether or not the term is used accurately, what it means exactly, etc. I have stated repeatedly that I do not believe many who claim it actually have a fetish for furs, but that left the question of what such an intense Interest or desire would be. I think I might have an answer, at least for myself. I am a fur addict. I need and use furs in a variety of ways to feel good physically as well as emotionally, and I never seem to be able to get enough. I own blankets, coats, boots, hats, gloves, mittens, stuffed animals made of furs, purses, and numerous decorative accents throughout my home. When I was a little girl, I dreamed of being in the position I am today, but never made any plans on how to achieve it. Things have just sort of fallen together to allow me to indulge my passion for furs. I am Cruella deVil without the dog killing of course. My point is simply that when I have looked up the symptoms of addiction, many of the same traits are present, so I submit that there is at least one fur addict here at the den. Anyone else?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lynxette

• red_fox

• punisherthunder

• paul2809

That a fetish is when a certain object...fur...is required to achieve orgasm. This is the textbook, not the lay definition. I do not require fur to climax, therefor it is not a fetish. This is probably true in reality for many folks here, although the term fetish has been popularized differently.

Addiction on the other hand is an emotional/psychological craving or need for something in order to keep the good feelings going...essentially happy chemicals in the brain that are released when the addictive subject is present. Deprived of it, and unhappiness, depression, or worse results. This is what happens for me deprived of furs. I am wondering if others share in this, or not, here at the den.

I may fill for the fetish bill, since I'm really erm, "attracted" to the coat itself with or without a woman wearing it. I had a long time to get used to it because I find a coat alone more attractive than a nude girl, and this led me to some problems here and there...

About the addiction: as OP mentioned, things just happen/fall together in my life, and right now I'm not in position to satisfy my furry needs yet (althought 2016 was really blessed in this area). I have mostly coats because design reasons, and I tread my hunt the same way as pokemon, with the goal of having the most styles of sleeves, collars, cuts, pelts an human can possibly have. So, I reserve myself to download instagram photos (10GB of them since 2011), draw them (I know I'm in debt with the community here, but surprises will come fairly soon), and admire then through other medias, eventually put one or another in my ebay favorites list.

Lynxett.

Your not the only one who feels this way about this topic....

Yes.. One of these days... I will be in a position to be in my own place to afford to buy furs.. Real or faux fur... I understand what your going through..

I want to find a fur loving partner who understands my needs who I can live with and share that passion

Addiction on the other hand is an emotional/psychological craving or need for something in order to keep the good feelings going...essentially happy chemicals in the brain that are released when the addictive subject is present. Deprived of it, and unhappiness, depression, or worse results. This is what happens for me deprived of furs. I am wondering if others share in this, or not, here at the den.

Whoa. Do you even feel depressed at times in an absence of fur?

Going by this definition, I don't think I'd say I'm "addicted", but I do experience a "high" of sorts when I put on a gorgeous fur garment, particularly a new one.

Fox.

I have to have either have my faux fur infinity scarf with me or my faux body pillow..

The scarf is used as eye cover bc i sleep during the day and also relieves headaches that i get bc i work graveyard at night..

Very interesting discussion.

This harks back to a lengthy discussion in a previous version of the Den about the meanings of "fetish". There are several meanings for the word "fetish" - not all of which can be found in some dictionaries. One meaning for "fetish" is very similar to "addiction".

Personally, I think the terms "addict" or "addiction" are probably more applicable to many Den members as opposed to the terms "fetish" or "fetishist". This is because most people only know the sexual gratification meaning of "fetish".

Alfred Binet first added a sexuality connotoation to the meaning of "fetish" and Freud was the first to expound on that to describe what we now commonly consider to be the definition of fetish. For reference and very interesting is Freud's 'Fetishism' from 1927 - https://www.scribd.com/doc/31127300/Freud-Fetishism-1927e

Previously fetish was something like an amulet, a spell, an object that contained magical powers.

"The word fetish derives from the French fétiche, which comes from the Portuguese feitiço ("spell"), which in turn derives from the Latin facticius (“artificial”) and facere ("to make"). A fetish is an object believed to have supernatural powers, or in particular, a man-made object that has power over others. Essentially, fetishism is the attribution of inherent value or powers to an object. Fétichisme was first used in an erotic context by Alfred Binet in 1887."

I think of fetish as in it's original meaning. To me this fits with what you say about what you call your fur addiction Lynxette. But you know, it all depends on how we are using the term fetish. This is a great thread and very interesting.

I didn't really mean for that link to post Freud's entire text, but it's kind of cool that it did. If mods want me to remove it from my post please let me know.

I didn't really mean for that link to post Freud's entire text, but it's kind of cool that it did. If mods want me to remove it from my post please let me know.

No, please we insist you leave it up. Topics like this are rare and having footnotes to discuss the subject is incredibly helpful.

No, please we insist you leave it up. Topics like this are rare and having footnotes to discuss the subject is incredibly helpful.

Thank you Panther. I'm impressed that the forum converted it like that from just the url being typed!

I had a long time to get used to it because I find a coat alone more attractive than a nude girl.

I'm not attractive to nude girl at all,that can be an issue.

Clothes make me use my imagination that is far more exciting.

I had a long time to get used to it because I find a coat alone more attractive than a nude girl.

I'm not attractive to nude girl at all,that can be an issue.

Clothes make me use my imagination that is far more exciting.

Great discussion! Personally I find a nude girl very attractive, but can find a partially clothed woman equally sexy if not more. I love fur, but I am not attracted to a coat itself, just a coat on a woman. I can orgasm free of fur.

Id love to know where everyone falls on this spectrum, or if they find themselves in the addict category if lynxette

Also Lynxette, I love when a woman calls her cruella! Thank you.

I achieved orgasm without fur, but fur makes everything way more easier (as I'm not that sensitive). Not to mention I'm more inclined to find exciting things on ebay than the great sites of x rated stuff.

A few thoughts on this...

One is that I believe in modern psychology they have changed how they define fetishes a bit. The strong definition of fetish is as Lynxette defines it but I believe they only use that when considering it a "mental disorder" or "sexual disorder" nowadays. There are lesser degrees that are covered in abnormal psychology and abnormal sexuality studies with less strict definitions pertaining to sexual arousal from objects or acts that are not hard-wired into our instinctual prehistoric base brains. e.g. as a species we are meant to desire the form of the opposite sex, physical interaction, etc. I believe in the specialized fields, having fur give a stronger sexual arousal than say, a naked body of the opposite sex, would still classify itself as a fetish, but not on the level "disorder." I could be wrong on this, but it is how I think about the term.

Going back to the addiction side...

I have come to believe that we can get addicted to many things. We can develop strong associations between objects (or actions) and an emotional (or sexual) response. If fur makes you feel comfortable, luxurious, safe, sexy, naughty, cherished, etc. then there is a very good chance that its presence or contact will release positive brain chemicals (dopamine, etc.) that may affect both how you feel physically and emotionally. If it becomes a regular occurrence to use fur to achieve that "feel good" state and addiction is very possible. e.g. If you use it every day and establish this as an equilibrium state, taking it away will result in a withdrawl state and an ache to return to "normal."

That being said, a fur addiction is VERY possible.

With what I know about fetish development and its interaction with the social norms concerning fur, I believe that fur addiction is probably more prevalent in women while (the newer definition of) fetish is more prevalent in men.

I could be wrong, but it makes logical sense, doesn't it?

Yes, I agree, as I have read the posts..and thank you all for your thoughtful comments, I am using the very strict definition. Perhaps I do not want to have a fetish? I have looked up the word, and there are indeed other definitions that are accurate. I guess my sense of things goes back to my first joining the den, and realizing a predominant interest...and nothing wrong with this...of sex and furs. This was never my primary interest, and it still is not. So my thought of fetish was on the purely sexual side dealing with furs, and since that is not nor has ever been my primary attraction to furs, I always said I did not have a fur fetish.

Yes, I agree, as I have read the posts..and thank you all for your thoughtful comments, I am using the very strict definition. Perhaps I do not want to have a fetish? I have looked up the word, and there are indeed other definitions that are accurate. I guess my sense of things goes back to my first joining the den, and realizing a predominant interest...and nothing wrong with this...of sex and furs. This was never my primary interest, and it still is not. So my thought of fetish was on the purely sexual side dealing with furs, and since that is not nor has ever been my primary attraction to furs, I always said I did not have a fur fetish.

It's interesting that you saw that perhaps you don't want to have a fetish.

At one point years ago, I had an ex-gf try to convince me that it was bad. She asked me to watch some animal rights videos of the foxes being torn apart, clubbed, etc. In a surprising way, I had zero reaction to the videos and still bought a blue fox jacket afterwards. Was kinda like a serial killer watching a video, I just showed no emotion at all. So I did attempt do "de-fetish" myself, and it didn't work.

Well, she needs to stop wearing any clothing if her thinking is that fur is the only way animals are killed. Just sayin'. Sorry, but people who virtue signal that way really upset me. I mean no disrespect at all to your relationship.

Well, she needs to stop wearing any clothing if her thinking is that fur is the only way animals are killed. Just sayin'. Sorry, but people who virtue signal that way really upset me. I mean no disrespect at all to your relationship.

Oh, she is an "ex" girlfriend who cheated on me with someone from my senior class, so feel free to disrespect her all you want. I consider her human garbage in my eyes these days. I actually saw her at the supermarket last week and she looked ragged AF.

Yes, that was alway a counter argument that I had heard about people getting uppity over furs and how they are harvested. These animal rights types were plastic coats made from petroleum and other synthetics that are 1000x worse on the environment. Hypocritical to the very end I suppose.

Well, and not just petrochemicals, but lots of dead animal products are included as well. Sorry to hear you were mistreated. What does AF mean...I am not up on all the abbreviated lingo.

Well, and not just petrochemicals, but lots of dead animal products are included as well. Sorry to hear you were mistreated. What does AF mean...I am not up on all the abbreviated lingo.

It's ok, I'll give you an crash course on some popular ones:

AF - as fuck

IDGAF - I don't give a fuck

TBH - to be honest

FWIW - For what it's worth

TFW - that feeling when