How did you tell your significant other about your love of fur?

punisherthunder

Wow, thanks for the compliment. Not sure that is really the case though, but nice to contemplate. My general point is more to the differences in priorities between men and women.

Only learned from 25 years of gradual experience. We started out fine.. but it slowly turned sour. Mine the story of maybe emphasizing furs too much? Anyway -- lesson learned, and my current wife, though not a fur diva, still will wear them when she feels in the mood. And she "mostly" tolerates my fur wearing too.

25 years? Seems like a long time, hope it works out for you.

Better now to be sure. At least I have learned how to be honest and unashamed about my needs, and conversely aware of my wife's feelings as well. The first marriage in this area was a disaster, but a learning experience as a consequence.

Ok this was how I told my wife many years ago.

My wife and I have been married for about 5 years. I had not come out with my fur fetish issue to my wife yet. We bought this book called "Delicious Sex: A Book for Women and the Men Who Want to Love Them Better", some close out at a book sale. In this book, there was a section on fetishes. Here is mentions having foreplay on top of fur coat. Having the wife naked only wearing a mink coat. There was not a lot of information on fur fetishes, just a sentence or two. Anyways, I showed my wife that one sentence about naked under a mink coat. That's how I told her. She doesn't care to wear furs.

Ok this was how I told my wife many years ago.

My wife and I have been married for about 5 years. I had not come out with my fur fetish issue to my wife yet. We bought this book called "Delicious Sex: A Book for Women and the Men Who Want to Love Them Better", some close out at a book sale. In this book, there was a section on fetishes. Here is mentions having foreplay on top of fur coat. Having the wife naked only wearing a mink coat. There was not a lot of information on fur fetishes, just a sentence or two. Anyways, I showed my wife that one sentence about naked under a mink coat. That's how I told her. She doesn't care to wear furs.

Yes, I recall having a similar book that was made by Penthouse publications. In it was a "Russian fantasy". It was more for role-play, but the idea was that you play some sort of Russian solider who comes across a young Russian woman in a fur coat, and eventually you have her wear only the coat. It worked for me.

I have really found this thread to be very interesting and thought provoking overall, as it has really made me realise just how difficult having a strong interest in furs can be for so many men to understand themselves, let alone share with another. This is just not something that I was a woman have ever contemplated, as of course it is not seen by our society as in any way strange to love fur. I am also fascinated by the fact that there seem to be so many women that are indifferent or hostile to furs, again because this is simply outside my personal experience. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and experiences. To use a cliche today, it has raised my awareness.

I am a woman with a fur fetish and so far never have had problems with men accepting my fur love. With the years I had become more confident about it and tell my partner as soon as possible a. I am also into BDSM where leather, fur and fetish are quite common in my opinion.

Yes, I have noticed a connection there, although it does not work for me. Glad to hear that your experience is similar to mine...men are very supportive, even if they do not share the interest.

I am a woman with a fur fetish and so far never have had problems with men accepting my fur love. With the years I had become more confident about it and tell my partner as soon as possible a. I am also into BDSM where leather, fur and fetish are quite common in my opinion.

Do you find yourself going deeper and deeper into fur fetish?

No I don't think so . The fur fetish is an important part of my life but is not getting more intense. I can have fun without as well. The way it is it is good and I enjoy it.

I usually told them when meeting them for the first time. As a crossdresser, clothes was always a topic that would come up pretty soon after meeting someone for the first time, and such a topic would always evoke the question "so what kind of clothes do you like to wear?" Fur would be the among the first things I'd mention in reply. I'm open about my crossdressing, even when I'm not dressed, and have always told any potential future boyfriend about this before we began dating. All my previous partners have been fine with my crossdressing, and subsequently have had no problem whatsoever with my love of fur. Any who weren't ok with either my love of fur or my crossdressing, well that would be deal-breaker before we began dating anyway -for them wanting to be with me and vice versa.

My approach is a middleground between Stevefoxfurlover and Furrymare's ones, as I noticed recently, which turn things more complex than I am willing to care to. I just talk about it and expect whatever reaction of the person, but still feel kind of let down with rejection, even knowing the chances of failure are quite high (my timing is crap too), so I'm getting used to be alone. I experiment some of exhibicionism on the internet too, but it's not the same as having attention from someone special, but that will do.

I think my wife figured it out the first time I had her over and she seen my raccoon throw. I am blessed as she is very supportive and likes fur but my connection to fur runs deep into my soul. In my early years I often felt embarrassed and alone in my appreciation of fur. I truly believe only someone with the same connection can understand. I also feel if you are male, life may become more complicated but the one you love, should love who you are! Best Wishes to all!!!!!

I am starting to think and understand the same thing. Liking furs, or wearing one because it is a nice coat, is very different from the level of passion for furs I know that I have, and suspect that most of us here feel for furs. It is something that i can intellectually understand, that some people are lukewarm or indifferent to furs, but I cannot ever really understand it at an emotional level. I think this is true though for most people with the things that they find most important in their lives.

• 2 weeks later...

I only bought my first coat after I met my girlfriend. I told her that I thought it would look awesome on her, which it does! So, I really did factor her into the equation from the very beginning which I think is necessary for introducing anything into a relationship. Also, it’s not possible to hide a 50” full length Saga fox coat anywhere at home so better to be open right away. Seriously that thing is huge.

• 6 months later...

Softly, slowly, and in sensual detail without saying one word, going from tickling and caressing to a full orgasmic massage that left her moaning with several shuddering climaxes! The sheared rabbit fur covered vibrator drove her wild!

• 1 month later...

I have a wife u doesnt like fur and doesnt understand my love of fur. Altho i dont own any real fur but about to buy a faux fur due to the cost but i do talk to someone who also loves fur. But unfortunately not all of us can have everything

Awkwardly, the first time he met my mother, she was wearing a full length chinchilla and met us for dinner. It was early for it to be that cold, and she asked why I would bother with a only a suit jacket. When we left, I gently told him I haven't picked up some of my coats from the furrier and storage yet. Then let him know I only came out of the closet to make space for my coats and shoes.

Then over the next few weeks he found out about what hangs in my closet over the winter.

The first time he came over earlier than I expected and I was watching TV on the sofa in an older mink, he laughed and called me Ms. Deville.

Now he has some of his own and can't leave them alone, so I count it as a win. I think he's only angry that my ex got to keep hers in the divorce.

I like how this thread has reappeared.

I've only been in one serious relationship in my life and that is with my current amazing wife. When we were starting out she asked me straight on if I had any fetishes. I was flabbergasted at first and answered no. Five minutes I thought that this would be a great opportunity and told her about it. She was perfectly fine with it and is super supportive. Luckily she is also chronically freezing, so in winter she doesn't mind wearing fur when the temperature drops low enough.

Luckily we figured it out that way before I could set my elaborate plan on how to let her know in motion. Haha...

This is a really interesting subject.

Since posting in a closed facebook page about a Fur evening I've organised for the 19th of this month in Gloucestershire, I have received 96 friend requests and this is a topic I have been discussing with many of my new FB friends.

I am with Lynxette - I love furs, have a collection that i wear a LOT although unlike lynxette I have only had positive experiences and comments. Perhaps living in the country, people are more accepting or just more polite. I don't know. So it's never been a conversation I have had to have. My boyfriend would wear fur and when we find the right coat - I know he can carry it off.

I think the main factor I am seeing with my new friends is that men love fur in a different way to ladies. (Certainly in a different way to how I love it, sorry to generalise)

It's that barrier that has so many men in relationships where the subject hasn't been broached, or where people make up fake 'alter ego' facebook profiles so they can indulge themselves anonymously.

I'm hoping an evening of wearing furs in a safe and elegant private venue will encourage more people to be 'out' about their passions....

We will see .....

• 1 month later...

I had a nice faux fur blanket and waited to see her reaction to make sure it wasn’t negative and then I slowly introduced her to real fur coats which she took positively. My wife doesn’t care about fur either way but she wears them for me inside the house because she knows what it does for me.