Fur Fetish Guilt and Do You Experience It?

furlover15

Hello,

I would like to bring up a feeling that has been very familiar to me throughout the many years of my fur fetish; guilt. Do any of you ever feel any sort of shred of guilt over your fetish. I can go into a pro-fur (or any other animal product) debate with perfect logic, but at the end of the day, sometimes I feel wrong.

I believe my guilt isn't rooted in an ethical standpoint, but in that one of a social standpoint. I live in the United States, more specifically California. I have seen anti-fur people and beliefs everywhere. Seems people love to attack others for it. (All the while buying meat and leather lol). Celebrities get A TON of shit for wearing fur. An ex of mine from high school had a mink and would get shit for wearing it to school. I think this is where my guilt lies. Not in the ethical standpoint of "is it okay to kill an animal for it's resources", but in society's views on fur in the world of fashion.

I would be very curious to hear if anyone else has experienced similar experiences of emotions as mine. Or does anyone feel differently? I would be more than happy to read everyone's response and get a dialogue going!

An interesting question that could generate considerable debate - thanks for posting it.

I am not sure guilt is the proper term for me, but the societal pressure from the antis can make a fur lover afraid or ashamed to wear fur in public. As you live in California which generally has a mild to warm climate, I can see where there is more pressure to not wear fur than there is in colder parts of the US. In Iowa for instance, I frequently wear one of my 2 fur parkas in the winter and have not experienced any negative comments so far. When I lived in Alaska and wore a coyote parka (now retired) I frequently received very positive and unsolicited comments which helped me overcome the fear of appearing odd, weird, or unusual for wearing fur. Such fears had kept my love of fur secret for many years.

I sometimes feel life would be easier if I went with the social flow and not loved fur or other CURRENT social taboos. BUT I love fur and that is a part of who I am.

Edited by Guest

Living in a tropical country, is the reason I don't wear any furs outside - even because, I don't have the means to replace it if someone damage it on purpose. But it's more fear than guilty, to be really honest. I've been caring less and less about hiding my liking of fur, and not received much attack, but still want to move to some colder place.

It took me until my mid-twenties before I told another living soul (hence the message board moniker). I opened up to my girlfriend at the time (who later became my wife). She had asked me to tell her something about myself I hadn't told her so I just happened to blurt out that I loved the look and feel of fur. It was awkward at first, but when she realized that I was serious, she began asking serious questions to understand the nature of my feeling. Even with her accepting it, it was many years before I could talk about it with her about it without blushing. It took a lot of positive life changes for me to be happy enough with myself to fully accept my love of fur. I used to have this insane notion that I was the only straight guy completely into furs. FFG and some of the older Yahoo! groups helped me realize just how wrong I was. Truly regret not having thrown myself "all in" earlier.

Interesting thread... I think perhaps this is more of an American dilemma. The anti-attitudes are not as prevalent here in Norway at least. I've never felt any guilt, but I am wary of the fact that it can be a controversial issue. My wife and I have some friends who are outspoken against fur. When we are meeting them, my wife doesn't wear her mink because we'd rather not take the debate. In this sense we sort of feel we're on the losing edge of a the social moral norms

Not really tbh I don't have enough money to buy fur new so all my furs are secondhand what makes me not really have guilt about it better to recycle the furs and use them.

Personally, I feel no guilt over my fur fetish. I do not revel in or fetishize the cruelty done to animals, and I personally only buy used or vintage coats, so I do not support the industry as a whole. That said, beyond feeling guilt over cruelty, I think the more pressing concern that should be on everyone’s minds is the concern that should go along with the farming of any and all livestock and vegetation at such a massive scale, which leads to the displacement of indigenous ecosystems and species of animals and plant life. We’re living in an age of extinction, likely in part due to our own species rapid growth across the planet. Part of the benefit to farming is that animals are no longer hunted toward extinction, but there are still tradeoffs. As much as I love a big fat slab of beef brisket, it is undeniable that the amount of resources going into feed and clothe our species pulls from the natural environments. If there’s anything to worry about regarding fur farms, I’d say it’s that fact. Anything being done to put back into the environment what they’re taking out regarding land and resources is a big plus.

I don't feel guity over my love for fur, and my fetish of it.

However, I'm seeing it become sexualized EVERY site that I go to.

I think Instagram has been the worst so far.

Sometimes I just want to see a pretty girl wearing a pretty fur on instagram. I don't typically think of anything sexual about it, it's just a nice picture to see. I'll look in the comments though, and i'll see furverts all over her and her furs.

Kinda creeps me out in a way.

I was like that in the past, I'm not now.

I have a fur fetish, yet I don't sexualize it at any chance I have.

Edit: Due to my aspergers, and social issues, what I said may not make sense to others, but it does to me. Sorry

Makes perfect sense to me. I have many warm delightful memories and new experiences with fur that are far from sexual.

I guess I have more "guilt" or reservations about fur wearing than I have in years past, but I still love wearing furs and seeing them on others. I feel better knowing that animals are raised in "humane" conditions in most circumstances, at least in the Western world. But I have no problem condemning PETA for their untruths and violent tactics. My biggest challenge is my wife, who periodically questions my obsession with furs and suggests I need help. But when the cold weather returns -- I hope she will enjoy cuddling in her huge soft white fox coat I bought her, and overlook my strange passion.

Interesting topic.

I feel no guilt at all. My fur fetish gives me a lot of pleasure and I love to wrap myself in my furs. I have been doing this for almost half of a century and I have no regrets. This morning I spend some marvelous moments in one of my phantom beaver coats. It was heaven and I cannot imagine my life without furs. I keep dreaming about new fur coats and only practical reasons prevent me to keep buying new ones. I wished I could afford and store hundreds! Today my wife owns nine furs (coats and vests) and I own five coats. I love them all and I like wrapping me in them for hours. I fancy looking at myself in a mirror while dressed in fur.

I also like to wear my furs outside. Nothing surpasses the pleasure of a walk in a beautiful fur coat. Perhaps this is my only fur related activity that is now somewhat jeopardized by the anti-fur movement and this makes me very sad. Seeing fewer and fewer women in fur also makes me unhappy.

All by all I am a very happy fur lover.

Jerome

Ethical guilt? No, not a trace of that.

Social guilt? Well, I just feel nervous around family/friend types who haven't "caught on" to all our fur purchases. One woman was even so bold to deadpan, "you bought ANOTHER fur coat?". Guilt in public places? Meh. When my wife is wearing her huge silver fox stroller to a nicer restaurant and other women her age are wearing those plastic jackets, it does make you feel like a little bit of a heel. But that's what heels do, they get heat. I'll take it.

Sometimes I just want to see a pretty girl wearing a pretty fur on instagram. I don't typically think of anything sexual about it, it's just a nice picture to see. I'll look in the comments though, and i'll see furverts all over her and her furs.

Edit: Due to my aspergers, and social issues, what I said may not make sense to others, but it does to me. Sorry

Hear, hear.

When my wife is wearing her huge silver fox stroller to a nicer restaurant and other women her age are wearing those plastic jackets, it does make you feel like a little bit of a heel. But that's what heels do, they get heat. I'll take it.

My feelings only, You should NOT feel like a heel. Your not doing anything wrong. I don't feel we need to defend or justify our choice to wear a fur. I would welcome the sight of fellow fur wearers, but aside from "Nice coats" I may not say much. Some people just want to be left alone and I would not want you to feel uncomfortable.

When my wife is wearing her huge silver fox stroller to a nicer restaurant and other women her age are wearing those plastic jackets, it does make you feel like a little bit of a heel. But that's what heels do, they get heat. I'll take it.

My feelings only, You should NOT feel like a heel. Your not doing anything wrong. I don't feel we need to defend or justify our choice to wear a fur. I would welcome the sight of fellow fur wearers, but aside from "Nice coats" I may not say much. Some people just want to be left alone and I would not want you to feel uncomfortable.

Oh I understand. It is more of a thing where you sense everyone else is mad at you for being warmer than them.......but they could just as easily remedy it with getting furs of their own.

Punisher you always have a way of making ways of bragging, but I love ya for it.

No guilt here. I don't wear any out, and neither does my wife. Mainly because we don't have any worth wearing out, and it's always stupid hot here. Last winter was the first time we got real cold in years.

I can see how society shuns it, but I've learned to live my life as in a 'give zero fucks' about what people think kind of way. Live how I want to live, etc.

I don't really think about HOW they were made, but if I had to I still don't feel guilty. The way I see it is - Even if I don't agree with it, It's going to happen anyway. Nothing I say, or do can change that.

I feel you. Even fur being basically a sexuality for me, it really bums me out how much harassment these girls receive in form of "compliments". Few of them that I started to talk with, and there were girls that doesn't post any fur images anymore due to it.

I feel you. Even fur being basically a sexuality for me, it really bums me out how much harassment these girls receive in form of "compliments". Few of them that I started to talk with, and there were girls that doesn't post any fur images anymore due to it.

I cannot agree more.

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely experienced a lot of guilt a while back as I really love animals. I think the way large brands (such as canada goose) operate is disgusting with seemingly no care for animal ethics, only worrying about maximising profit and production. Hopefully there will be a push towards more ethical sourcing of fur but I highly doubt it.

Eventually I rationalised my guilt by realising it's really no different to eating meat in the grand scheme of things, and that my guilt (or anyone else's) won't stop production of fur. I'm definitely more comfortable with my fetish now. However, there is still a little part of me that feels guilt and I can't really ever see that going away.