Is faux fur ethical?

furpersona

A very valid argument. Although maybe you should polish up your grammatical errors. Not that it interferes in the point you were trying to make, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if some of the most vocal anti-fur critics used that argument as a way of poking holes in the case you were trying to make in a desperate attempt to rally against animal cruelty. And sometimes that is enough to shut out an entire viewpoint.

I love both reall fur and faux fur.

I know people who cant stand fur period...

I own two faux fur coats and a looped infinity scarf and thier good to have bc of the warmth...

A very valid argument. Although maybe you should polish up your grammatical errors. Not that it interferes in the point you were trying to make, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if some of the most vocal anti-fur critics used that argument as a way of poking holes in the case you were trying to make in a desperate attempt to rally against animal cruelty. And sometimes that is enough to shut out an entire viewpoint.

So is faux fur an ethical choice?

Definitely not and for all the reasons you mentioned. However one caveat I would mention is that faux fur is not produced on such a vast scale that it leaves as huge of a carbon footprint compared to something like the construction of fleece jackets, air particulates that come from industrial plants that manufacture cleaning supplies, or even the fuel in our cars. Now obviously every little bit helps here and there and faux fur is something of a faux pas in and of itself when it comes products that harm the environment. So the Earth would definitely benefit from at least a reduction in the manufacturing in faux furs. But it's just one foot print in an entire trail of carbon pollution.

Definitely not and for all the reasons you mentioned. However one caveat I would mention is that faux fur is not produced on such a vast scale that it leaves as huge of a carbon footprint compared to something like the construction of fleece jackets, air particulates that come from industrial plants that manufacture cleaning supplies, or even the fuel in our cars. Now obviously every little bit helps here and there and faux fur is something of a faux pas in and of itself when it comes products that harm the environment. So the Earth would definitely benefit from at least a reduction in the manufacturing in faux furs. But it's just one foot print in an entire trail of carbon pollution.

We are not trying to make everyone stop wearing faux, we just try to make people see that there is also an other option of plastic fashion ! Everyone say that fur is cruel but also other fashion products can be cruel, people have to face that truth!