Security for furs

paul2809

If a thief enters your home they have gone way to far and will most likely be able to deal with lighter duty locks. I have good quality deadbolts on all OUTSIDE doors. Windows are locked and I always use our alarm system. You may also wish to check with your local PD for tips on protecting your home /apartment. Also, you may want to have your furs properly insured. You may be able to hide them in in a CLOTH garment bag in back of a closet and camouflage them behind some older coats? Remember to a thief a solitary locked room can peek curiosity and interior doors are usually not as strong as outside doors. BE Safe and God Bless!!!

If a thief enters your home they have gone way to far and will most likely be able to deal with lighter duty locks. I have good quality deadbolts on all OUTSIDE doors. Windows are locked and I always use our alarm system. You may also wish to check with your local PD for tips on protecting your home /apartment. Also, you may want to have your furs properly insured.

I second that. Protect the house in total, that is doors and windows and maybe an alarm system. Remember furs are not your only valuables. And a burglary is always a mess, mostly psychologically.

Inside the house a real vault can protect your valuables to a certain extent, but you don't want to put your furs inside. But anyhow I recommend a vault with a fire resistance to protect your documents, jewellery, password lists (if you got any - use a password manager and a protected hard disk and locked phone), cards and so on.

For the insurance pay attention to the terms and conditions. Sometimes valuables including furs have deeper insurance limits. And check your insured sums, you might be underinsured. Maybe someone from the US can help you here - or your insurance broker.

• 4 weeks later...

24//7 armed security for my temperature controlled fur vault, a thief who enters my house would leave in a coffin.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is a good idea to keep the furs in an anonymous place so to say, neutral wardrobes in the attic where boxes are in front etc so no one pays attention to it.

It is a good idea to keep the furs in an anonymous place so to say, neutral wardrobes in the attic where boxes are in front etc so no one pays attention to it.

Beware of summer heat in an attic.