fur in summer

ugggirl

Yesterday I wore my mink jacket in public for the first time after the heat wave but it was still 23 degrees Celsius at the moment of wearing. Anyone here who did "better" ?

I usually resign myself to the fact that there will be no fur on show during the summer months. However, there is always one exception to the rule. I've seen prosperous ladies outside Harvey Nicks wearing mink gillets in the summer and on one jaw dropping occasion, a young woman wearing an ankle length sable coat in the height of the summer sun. Alas, one could tell by looking at her face that she was very ill. I've often wondered what became of her.

As I try to wear fur everyday, I had my summer jackets (brown leather; suede; cashmere) fitted with MINK collars.

I also wear a small MINK or (my favourite) a knitted SABLE tie as well.

So unless it is very warm, I still can wear FUR. It was a very disappointing that Britian's temperatutes this summer were so high!

• 3 weeks later...

Going to be +2C overnite here this week... but high of 14... I usually don't pull the furs out til either

a) It doesnt go above +3 high or theres snow...

Im guessing in a month there will be mornings when im wrapped in raccoon or fox!

• 2 weeks later...