What was your first fur?

Pelts

I think it was a short Muskrat, although I am not really sure about the fur type. It was about 10 years ago and knew I was found of fur. So I went to a vintage shop and bought the cheapest coat available that would fit.

A musk scented rabbit fur collar on a sister's coat. She never knew how much Pleasure that gave as I tried to NOT ruin it, switching to a fox fur hat turned fur side in at the last possible moment!

• 4 weeks later...
that reversible mink sounds fantastic joe !!!

Thanks! The coat was made by Birger Christensen. Personally, it isn't my favorite of my current collection -- I prefer removable linings and statement collar pieces or hats now -- but it holds sentimental value. I have had it modified several times by taking the elastic at the cuffs and sweep in and out. I'll admit that if it had not been for my grandmother encouraging me to "move through" my initial obsession phase with buying and de-constructing vintage pieces, I would still be chasing the perfect garment (or perfect...anything) which doesn't exist. I'm grateful to her for this awareness every day.

Keep posting, folks! There's nothing like the first.

J.

Posted about it before, but I first used and still use my moms faux fur stole, I’m moving out of my moms this week, so I’m going to have to give it a send off

• 2 weeks later...

A giant Persian lamb shawl collar on a black cashmere coat. There was this picture of my grandfather is the 1950's just after they got to the country in one in my grandmother's living room growing up, I always love it, and the look. Finally one day I took a coat my mother was getting rid of (she has a collection, I don't ever want to think about why she has so many) and had a beautiful collar made. It started my obsession and purchasing of more, and her giving me some.

The second one was a full coat but swakara not the same kind of lamb, followed by a mahogany mink double breasted coat, and so on.

you all had such nice experiences... our first fur was a racoon FL coat and it was rubish. we bougt it of ebay. It had a really bad smell, lining was damaged and it wasn't realy nice eather. We fucked up the size too so it was to small. The second one on the other hand was absolutley awsome. It's photo I still use for my avatar. When it arrived my ladies first words were: Now that is a proper fur coat!

• Like 1