Number of Coyote Pelts to make...

kaseysteelhairs

Hi all,

So I was planning on going hunting for coyote later this year. I'm pretty sure I will not get enough coyote in one season, but still I was wondering

How many coyote Pelts would it take to my a large coat, or a queen-king sized blanket? I've never owned anything coyote before but would love a bed spread

• Like 1

I don't have an accurate answer for you, but I do know it takes about 7-8 coyote pelts for an arctic parka. Having said that, I would expect about 14 or so for a coat and probably a few more for the blanket.

• Like 1

We don't got a coyote bed spread (yet), but judging from these pictures

https://www.master-furrier.com/fur-blankets-fur-throws/coyote/

you'll need 2 * 5 = 10 pelts for one blanket size 1.40 x 2.00 m. This size seems to be in line with the size of a coyote. If you want a king size bed spread you might go for 3 * 6 = 18 pelts. With the above estimate the blanket will be 2.10 x 2.40 m in size. You probably need less pelts for a blanket than for a coat because you use the whole blanket and not just parts of it.

As pelt sizes may vary (furriers buy their pelts on auctions with about the same size and the same colour) you might need more or less pelts. Or you fill the gaps with parts of your pelts that you cutted off - you will need to sew a lot anyway. So you might go along with 14 pelts.

Happy hunting!

• Like 1