Thoughts on warmest fur

dmaninfur

Yes Mink, when it reached that low people wear a lot of fur. I don’t see how you’d function otherwise.

I did take a quick accidental swim in a lake that had some broken ice on the surface but mercifully was in a down body suit that day.

I also saw a lot of women and men actually in Oslo wearing fur.

Glad your fox was not involved with the accidental swimming incident! Hope everything is okay and you stay dry on the rest of your trip!

Hahahahaha. Me too! I was dogsledding when I went over the ice and couldn’t see it was broken, polar night and all that jazz. Tipped and went right in.

I will add that I was really so warm in the fox!!!

Dogsledding?! Wow, you're really living the Scandinavian fantasy and I'm glad that fox is keeping you warm up there... I gotta say once more, you just look fabulous in it!

• 2 years later...
On 11/15/2018 at 5:01 PM, AKcoyote said:

I would not generally recommend reindeer as it can be quite heavy and if the pelts were not tanned properly, can have a lot of loose hairs. To my knowledge not many furriers will make reindeer garments as it is more labor intensive due to the dense hair and thick leather. I believe Oliver Furs has a reindeer coat or 2 on their ebay website.

That is correct. Reindeer has a tendency to shed.

Otter fur, mostly river otter, which is legal, fur has 1 million hairs per square inches probably the warmest fur. It is tough as nails so will wear much better than most other furs mentioned. Think about it, otters don't have a layer of fat like bears and seals. They are in very cold & wet conditions constantly as well. A fox, depending on type, is great in the cold, but will wear down, good luck wearing the guard hairs down on otter, even when sheared, otter is tougher than most other furs with their guard hairs in tact.