PSA Fur Sale at Lord and Taylor

dmaninfur

For those in NYC, I stopped at Lord and Taylor yesterday on 5th Ave. They are closing at the end of the month, and while the rest of the store is now a wretched hell hole of clearance, they have a ton of furs for 50-80% off!! My mother bought a Lynx priced at $39k for $8k, and I bought an otter (though I thought they couldn’t sell that anymore) priced at $8700 for $1200.

They had a lot more for our lady friends than men, but the prices were insanely low!

Sad to see what used to be a nice department store shutting its doors but I’ll console myself with my new baby.

Did your mother buy a Russian lynx or Canadian lynx?

River otter is still perfectly legal to sell in the USA. It's sea otter that has restrictions. Only Alaskan Natives can kill sea otters and sell the fur. The fur must be turned into an authentic Alaskan Native handicraft, the definition of which is quite broad.

Did they still have many coats left?

Also, what is a “PSA” fur sale?

I have tried to phone them over 20 times, and have still not managed to get through to the fur salon. Sometimes they give me the wrong department, sometimes they can’t hear me, sometimes they put me on hold but accidentally hang up.

One time, I apparently got through to the inventory department, and the phone was answered by a guy whose first day it was, so he didn’t know how to operate the phone and transfer my call anywhere. Not sure why they just hired someone if they are closing down in a few days...

Omg. They had a lot when I was there and they aren’t moving very quickly. PSA is a public service announcement. As in run go buy a fur they’re discounted like I’ve never seen before. The most I’ve gotten a discount from L&T or Saks before is like 10% during a friends and family sale. But this was 60-80% off like the rest of the store!!!

Too many people there were fighting over $24 Steve Madden shoes and ignoring the racks of coats and vests. I tried on a navy blue sheared beaver but it just wasn’t “me”.

They had a lot of lynx, mink, some fox and some swakara Persian lamb when I was there on Thursday. Not a ton of fox and they had a Russian sable I saw that retailed for I think 90k for 22k. But that’s still a lot. I was happy the one I saw was a women’s full length with a wide sweep so no way I could wear it or even have it fixed.

I don’t think calling would work. It’s a shit show.

Thank you. It is quite tempting to hop on a plane and fly over to NY, but chances are they wouldn’t have any designs that my wife or I like.

Did you notice the prices of the mink and fox coats?

Loving the “PSA” We need eyes in every city with furriers, watching out for closing down sales

I think most were about $1k. Seriously. Brand new. And the quality there is really amazing.

If I have time to swing by on Monday I’ll post pics and you can try calling.