Wearing fur in Manchester, Vermont?

leatherzaddy

I'm going to head up to Vermont with my partner during MLK weekend and I'm getting so excited for my first time in Vermont–especially because that the weather up there is looking perfect for wearing some furs! Has anybody had experience wearing fur around Manchester? We're staying right in the village, so it won't be a secluded cabin getaway where I could wear as much fur as I wanted without any fear. That being said, it's not far from NYC, so I wouldn't be surprised to see other New Yorkers in fur there either, I'm just a little wary having never been there before.

Being a part time Vermonter, I can tell you it will be cold enough for fur. The town is not very centralized. Rt.7A is the main drag with all outlet stores along the roadway. You'll probably be spending most of your outside time in the car. Everybody there has a shopping mentality. I've never had a fur issue. Try looking at the town on Google Earth to get a lay of the land. Hope you enjoy your stay and your furs!

Thank you! Our hotel is on Rt. 7A a little bit Southeast of the outlet stores. I used Google Earth a bit and it does look like we'll be driving around for the most part, any idea of good places nearby where we can walk around a bit? I'm sure I can find something, but if you have some local tips that would be great. Now I just need to figure out if I'm going to bring the silver fox jacket in my avatar or my full length black-dyed blue fox fur coat.

One thing to remember about wearing a full-length coat in a New England winter... It get's slushy out there. Take care not to let your coat drag in the slush and the piles of snow. I damaged a coat that way with my first full-length coat; the pelts got wet and needed cleaning and repair.

One thing to remember about wearing a full-length coat in a New England winter... It get's slushy out there. Take care not to let your coat drag in the slush and the piles of snow. I damaged a coat that way with my first full-length coat; the pelts got wet and needed cleaning and repair.

Thank you for the tip! My full length was my dream fur for many years and now that I actually own it I'm always sure to take great care of it. So far it has seen some action in on snowy days here in NYC and on a trip to Rochester, NY and I haven't had any issues yet. My trick is wearing a slightly platformed boot with it give it an extra 1.5" off the ground.

Beautiful fur! Arlington is close by and Bennington has several historical sites to visit. Maybe next time if you come back, Burlington is nice and Stowe (where I usually work) is very upscale with lots of attractions. Hope you have a great time.

Both of your foxes look great. Enjoy VT.

I was recently in Burlington and wore my f/l raccoon coat. It was well received and the perfect foil against the cold.

Thank you all! I'm going to take fursince63's advice and bring both. F/L for around the town and the silver for hiking

Thank you for the tip! My full length was my dream fur for many years and now that I actually own it I'm always sure to take great care of it. So far it has seen some action in on snowy days here in NYC and on a trip to Rochester, NY and I haven't had any issues yet. My trick is wearing a slightly platformed boot with it give it an extra 1.5" off the ground.

Some more advice... Don't wear the long fur to shovel the walk or run the snow blower. Wear the silver fox.

Some more advice... Don't wear the long fur to shovel the walk or run the snow blower. Wear the silver fox.

Don’t anticipate needing to shovel or snow blow on vacation lol but I’ll keep that in mind for whenever I own a place up north! I can get hot quite easily if I’m doing anything like shoveling so maybe I’ll have to get a fox fur vest for those chores. (In all honesty I’ll take any excuse for a fox fur vest at this point haha!)