eBay furs from China

minkme

well, you never know. you can get really nice furs, bargains, but usually the sizes are pretty different i.e. ending up with short sleeves and much smaller size.

Not sure whether it is really mink from the pictures it looks to me more like rabbit but I am sure there are others who can spot it from a photo! Please let him know.

Ive seen nothing but faux fur from china..

I wouldnt mind ordering a plus size fur from them over ebay...id have to order atleast 3xl to a 4xl just to make sure the fur fits..

Here is another one from China. Mink coat for cheap.

Look closely at the lady with the coat. Gets your attention right? Then compare the coat without the lady. Looks like a bait and switch. No cuffs on the coat without the lady and there maybe other things.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Luxury-Womens-Real-mink-Fur-belted-winter-trench-warm-Long-coat-jacket/163424535278?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140602152332%26meid%3D1dcee433956b430ab932b6d8248c9845%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D143082407271%26itm%3D163424535278&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

• 2 months later...

My issues is sizes... I'm always finding that I have to get an American size way to big in order to fit me properly...... there are some nice faux furs though..

I'll put this out there about one ive been looking at from ebay china......

I personally love the design of this coat......

Id love to have this one in black......... just a personal touch.....

• 2 weeks later...

Run. I have bought a few. Their sizes are about 3 sizes smaller than US sizes and the quality is poor. They often dont look like the pictures at all.

• 5 months later...

I received a custom full length red fox fur coat this week. I had ordered it from a Chinese furrier on EBay. I was reluctant to order from China initially because they were using pictures from other sellers. But then I found one which had a real picture and even if the picture quality was bad the fur coat looked really good. I also looked at some comments from other fur-related items from the seller which were positive so I decided to take the leap. 

I wasn't too impressed with the packaging, it had been rolled up with the fur inside and the lining outside, then wrapped in plastic, there wasn't even a box. However this worked out positive for me because the customs must have thought that it was a rug or something instead of a USD 2000 fur coat so they let it pass without any import duties! 

But now, unpacked and hung out for a few days, it is an incredibly beautiful fur coat ! It is extremely soft, the colours are gorgeous and it has an impressive collar !  Compared to similar size fur coats, I have the impression that it is slightly lighter, so I assume less material has been used for the lining, and the overall impression of the finishing is slightly "cheaper" than classic furriers, hopefully it will stand the test of time. But this is an amazing fur coat,  one that will certainly turn heads! 

That's' good to heat that you got a good coat.  Was it from eBay? would you like to post of pictures so that we know the quality?

Yes it was from eBay. Here are some pictures. The only thing I would have liked different is that the fur collar is single , which I would have preferred double, but it’s still gorgeous. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FullLengthFox said:

This is the listing: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.nl%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202761957440

I chose the XL size which fits both myself and my wife, although it will look much bigger on her. 

The pictures really don’t do it justice. It is of a glowing red, and almost as soft as my lynx fur coat. 

I hate to tell you this, but that listing is still a bait and switch on two fronts. First, it appears that this seller stole pictures from Furs-Outlet, which is a furrier based out of poland. And Second, the fur that they gave you uses recycled skins, not brand new. My guess is that these skins are roughly 5-10 years old and if they haven't been properly cleaned in awhile it might be more prone to becoming damaged over time. I would take that fur to a furrier immediately for storage, cleaning, glazing and reconditioning immediately before the skins succumb to dryrot. With skins that are this old, their pores start to close up over time and once that happens the leather on the inside of the skins will start to dry out almost immediately.

I already mentioned that they were using pictures from other sellers (I hope you read my earlier message). How do you conclude that they pelts they used are recycled? I don't see any evidence of this. 

11 hours ago, FullLengthFox said:

I already mentioned that they were using pictures from other sellers (I hope you read my earlier message). How do you conclude that they pelts they used are recycled? I don't see any evidence of this. 

It's because the color of the pelts have clearly faded quite a bit. What makes Canadian red fox (or more commonly known as cherry red fox) very distinctive is that it has the boldest orange/ red color of any member of the red fox family. But on your coat they look almost brown which tells me that the pelts have aged somewhat over the course of a few years. Take a look at the pic I have provided below to see a sample of a brand new cherry red fox. Also due to the fact that the price of this coat leads me to believe that these skins were recycled as a full bodied red fox with crosscut collar can easily cost you $5,500. The only way to acquire one from a furrier for $2,000 is if it were second hand or used recycled skins during production of the garment. I want to emphasize though that hey are by no means damaged as of this moment, they just need to be sent back to a furrier for some proper care. They should be good as new by thanksgiving though

IMG_0635.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry, but colourwise I don't see much difference between your picture and mine. Also I already mentioned that the colours in the photo are not like the real colours, but glowing red. It is very hard to get accurate colours on a photo (whatever that means, because you are now watching on a monitor which has its own colour calibration), certainly from a quick smartphone snapshot, any photographer can tell you that. Also the fur is very soft and there is no shedding or any odour what you would expect from used fur (I got a few used furs and they all have that to some extent). 

It was a wonderful experience. I had a lot of fun out there. Now I'm just at home with a letter of recommendation in hand and looking for another job in the fur sector.

Glad your summer job worked out.  Did they have to train you on the types of furs, etc?  Let us know how it went.  Did you see lots of tourist from ships buy stuff or just window shopping?

If I'm gonna invest in a nice fox fur coat or mink coat.. I'm gonna go big or go home as far as plus sizes  of 2x to 5x with huge collars and trim

A fur coat that is good to wear out and as well as inside . I love the over size look of furs..