Possible new fur trend on the horizon: men's fox fur handbags

Panther10

I've been seeing a lot of this lately on ebay. And it's always done in a very peculiar kind of fashion, but I occasionally see sellers that advertise unisex/men's fur coats on female models, but they always seem to sport matching fur handbags in these auctions and never in their counterpart auctions for women's coats. Its almost as if these sellers are telling us with a wink and a nod "Here we have for the refined and sophisticated gentleman a long fox fur coat and a matching bag. Yours for $6500" The handbags themselves are never actually for sale as far as I know, but it seems like they are trying to engage in this very subtle, grassroots kind of marketing campaign. I've seen this done with Miss Larissa and the FurandLeatherBoutiqeUK group. I'm not imagining these things am I? It feels like these are genuinely being marketed to men.

No things, I am not one to have a fur handbag. Does the Alaska Fur Gallery sell them?

I'm not entirely sure of what their inventory is until I start. When I visited their anchorage shop I saw numerous accessories from hats and gloves to home furnishings and even bikinis. I would assume that their inventory tends to rotate depending on what is trending in the world of fashion. As I said though. I will have a much better idea in the next 6 weeks or so when I finally fly down there and get started.

I do see the allure behind this though. When I was younger i struggled to see the point of carrying around a tote bag or a purse but the older I get the more I struggle with keeping all my stuff on my person without one. I mean between my wallet, my keys, sunglasses case, my phone, my tablet, my phone charger, a book and my checkbook I need a bag of some kind whenever I need to leave the house. And since I work in high end retail now a fancier bag would certainly look better than a backpack. And since I wear furs in the winter I can definitely see the allure behind a fox fur covered handbag.

Hey Panther..

I bought a soft faux fur tote bag for that purpose.. it's great for everything so I understand what your saying

Well, maybe you are right. I am old and my wife says I need a man purse sometimes. But a fur man purse?

So? Why would you let that stop you? If you are willing to wear coats and jackets made out of fur, why would this new trend seem so for foreign to you? The way I see it is as long as this bag does what it advertises and its stylish, I'm all for it.

Well Panther10, I have not been willing to wear furs outside of the house. The only time I wore fur out of the house is when I wore a raincoat over the mink coat.