Your donation keeps the site alive! Finance the future of the Fur Den! Please consider white listing our site if you cannot donate.

Please refrain from posting copyrighted content - It will be removed.

Check out our sponsors!

Where to get a plucked and sheared beaver pelt in Europe ?

Links to fur and fur related sales/auctions from eBay, other Web sites and eStores. Even the occasional bit of education. Advertisement threads by Furriers and Fur Resellers are also allowed here. You may sell Personal Fur Merchandise here, or tell members of the ebay page where you are selling them.
Forum rules
If you list a fur for sale in this forum and it sells, we would appreciate your donating 3 - 5% of the proceeds to this website.

Feel free to post your sale items in our gallery, and link here via the bbcode provided.
Zaphod_bee
Germany

Where to get a plucked and sheared beaver pelt in Europe ?

Postby Zaphod_bee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:46 am

Hello,

since I like plucked nutria a lot and talked to some guys that I should try plucked and sheared beaver I tried to get one in germany. But either I have to get a fishing license to get it from canada or can not get hold of it for a resonable price.
Can anybody give me a hint where to get one for a resonable price ? (From what I see in Ebay in the states or canada I think something around 70 Euros might be a normal price for a large and nice pelt)

Thanks to all !

lynxette
Canada

Re: Where to get a plucked and sheared beaver pelt in Europe ?

Postby lynxette » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:11 am

It will be interesting to see where you can find one that is not spitz, as this is the only way I have seen the pelts sold. Obviously they are sheared, as many coats are made this way, but I have not seen a pelt for sale this way yet.
I LIVE FOR FURS...AND NEED FURS TO LIVE!

Zaphod_bee
Germany

Postby Zaphod_bee » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:03 am

If you search for "plucked and sheared beaver" g**gle will come up with some offers for blankets this way. Butr as I said only in the States or Canada ...
What does "Spitz" mean - by the name I would guess its just sheared and therfor still has the rougher guard hairs within the fine underwool.

So still:
Anybody having a hint where to get one in Europe ?

Thanks

likemyfurs
Norway

Postby likemyfurs » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:57 am

not in your price gate but here's a link to what you're after. a good choice of fur's skin. It is soft and good skin to cuddle with.
http://www.glacierwear.com/beaver-pelt- ... -6945.html

Zaphod_bee
Germany

Postby Zaphod_bee » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 am

Hello likemyfurs - thanks for you commment:
I have considered buying this (even at glacierwear) before - but they said I have to buy a fishing license worth another 125 USD. That doubles the price which is not OK for just buying one ...
That is the reason why I started this thread :-)

Any suggestions ?

likemyfurs
Norway

Postby likemyfurs » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:18 pm

should look into my old links. so i can find something for you. like to buy skin so I have a large stock of old web links

furlvman1

Postby furlvman1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:13 pm

Sheared seems easy to find, but plucked isn't. And there is a big difference in plushness with the stubbly sheared guardhairs removed.

Return to “Fur Mall”