Buying fur in Istanbul

Links to fur and fur related sales/auctions from eBay, other Web sites and eStores. Even the occasional bit of education. Advertisement threads by Furriers and Fur Resellers are also allowed here. You may sell Personal Fur Merchandise here, or tell members of the ebay page where you are selling them.
Forum rules
If you list a fur for sale in this forum and it sells, we would appreciate your donating 3 - 5% of the proceeds to this website.

Feel free to post your sale items in our gallery, and link here via the bbcode provided

To contact a member by PM, BOTH the sender & recipient must have made at least 10 posts. If PM is unavailable, we suggest you try email.
Charfur

Buying fur in Istanbul

Postby Charfur » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:50 am

Hi,

This summer I will go for holidays to Istanbul. To my great surprise quite a few furriers are there, not just leather. Does anyone has experience in buying tailor made furs in Istanbul. What is the quality of the fur and craftsmanship? Prices? Any help would be welcome, especially on mink, fox and chinchilla.

Barmalej

Re: Buying fur in Istanbul

Postby Barmalej » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:44 pm

Especially now, when their lira went down, should be awsome!
broken

elbas3175

Postby elbas3175 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:12 pm

I have never bought a coat from Turkey, but would love to know what your experience is like!

Barmalej

Postby Barmalej » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:31 pm

I been there back in 94 :))) but experience is good, friendly people and all. Like I told you, now their lira going down due political bullshit of Erdogan, so it's good time to buy from there.
broken

Charfur

Postby Charfur » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:41 am

Just came back from Istanbul
The city is very alive, but they have a complete neighbourhood with furriers unfortunately where good negotiating skills are required :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Barmalej

Postby Barmalej » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:26 pm

Of course you have to negotiate! :))))))
If you dont, they look at you like a crazy!! :))
broken

elbas3175

Postby elbas3175 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Wow, congratulations! Do you mind telling us the price?

Did you buy any other furs there?

Aliceinfur

Postby Aliceinfur » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:58 pm

I was living in Istanbul for a while and I remember their fur district.
Unfortunately, never went seriously shopping there.
I would love that you told us the range of prices. My husband travels to Turkey really often and maybe he can bring me something nice. But living in Canada I doubt that they have better prices.

elbas3175

Postby elbas3175 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:45 pm

With the currency falling, have they just increased their prices in lira?

Charfur

Postby Charfur » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:48 am

Since I am Dutch I paid with euro's. Euro's are widely accepted and often preferred by shops and hotels. Price tags are mostly in dollars and are highly overrated, approx 5 times the actual price. Turkish labor cost is very low for Western standards, a mink coat should not cost $15000 including VAT. Apart from that I did not check any other prices tags.
I only bought the chinchilla coat, after that I was out of money :D, still have to furbish my new house. A similar women's chinchilla was appraised at $22000 and I paid roughly 3900 euro excluding VAT.

Return to “Fur Mall”