Happy Place... Where did it come from...

White Fox

OK, this is a little bit of a quiz here. Please do not "Google this". That is cheating and just spoils the humour. Even if you don't know it and want to get the answer quickly, please refrain. You will enjoy it better in the end if you don't do that.

In another post here today I mentioned the term "Happy Place". So, the question is, "Where did that term come from?" If you know where it come from, did you like that source? Did you find it funny? Happy?

There you go folks. A little bit of chance form some fun here.

W

Man, I just realized that I threw you a wrong curve here. The term should have been "Laughing Place".

Just as a hint. You are right in considering a movie. The year was 1946 I believe. And it could be shown today and still get a huge audience except for one thing...

So, there are a couple of hints.

Sorry for giving you the bum steer there

Yes, but I think you MIGHT have seen it. I am surprised here that no one has guessed it.

Since no one has guessed it so far. It is a movie. The original movie that included both "Cartoon Drawn" characters along with real live actors. The first movie to do that. And it talks a lot about the "Laughing Place".

That sounds like the very rarely seen Disney Movie "Song of the South".

I think I have seen this at once, many years ago, but can't remember where... anyone remember if it was shown in theaters?

BINGO! That is it! Where characters of Braer rabbit, fox, and bear, and Uncle Remus came in. Based on the old Uncle Remus stories of the Old South.

It made the rounds in theaters AT LEAST three times that I know of. Pretty unheard of. The last time would be in the 70's. I've in fact a copy of it on DVD right here. Two in fact just to make sure that I never lose it though I NEVER lend it out.

It is still to this day considered by many to be the best movie that Disney ever made. And it almost broke him to make it.

Many consider the Tar Baby Character to be racist, so Disney will not release it again.

So, EW gets he prize! My undying gratitude!

W