Civil Politics Discussion

The Place to let your Alter-Ego run rampant - at management's discretion.
[Place off-topic (non-fur) posts here.]
Forum rules
Disclaimer - Members are reminded that this is a multi-cultural site and as such should be tolerant of and acknowledge at all times the religious, sexual, political and racial differences that will be presented within. Feel free to wish someone a Merry Christmas or Happy Easter.
furlessinCA

Re: Civil Politics Discussion

Postby furlessinCA » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:25 am

Thank you. I will.

neoJaguar
Administrator

Postby neoJaguar » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:12 am

I truly fear for the future of this country if Trump err Drumph is elected.

furlessinCA

Postby furlessinCA » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:18 am

Me too!

Foxy

Postby Foxy » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:23 am

On the domestic side I think there is a limit to the damage Trump can do. He has enemies on both sides of the aisle and he would face the same obstruction from congress that Obama did. Fingers crossed that any lunatic executive order he would make would be declared unconstitutional. Besides which I think he would get in his own way. He has zero governing experience and no coherent policy to speak of (Running a government is NOTHING to do with running a business stop making that argument).

I do fear for the damage he could do to foreign relations. His conduct as a candidate is precarious at the best of times, and flat out vindictive when someone provokes his grimy haired ire. Things are delicate enough as it is what with instability in the middle east, the proxy conflicts and North Korea's posturing. I doubt Trump could interpret Putin's bluster for what it is, and I shudder to think of the consequences when he inevitably ups the ante.

AKcoyote
Administrator

Postby AKcoyote » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:27 am

:yeahthat:
Well said Foxy.

My opinion is that Sanders is the only candidate that might push for the changes needed in this country without causing more problems in the process. However, I also feel he would encounter the same congressional obstruction that has plagued the Obama administration.
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. ~Thomas Jefferson
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance. ~Benjamin Franklin

punisherthunder

Postby punisherthunder » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:49 pm

AKcoyote wrote::yeahthat:
Well said Foxy.

My opinion is that Sanders is the only candidate that might push for the changes needed in this country without causing more problems in the process. However, I also feel he would encounter the same congressional obstruction that has plagued the Obama administration.

Sanders talks a lot of common sense.

I recall him a year or two ago on the Bill Maher show. He was always thoughtful in his responses and desire for the country to be better. I remember thinking that he would make a decent President, and here it is some time later and he is trying to do just that.

I'm sorry, but the Clintons have been running the country politically since 1992. They've been skirting around the 22nd Amendment for years and Hillary attempting to run just proves it further.
FURS 4 LIFE

red_fox

Postby red_fox » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:00 pm

well... last couple days you must saw something about the mess that is the brazilian politics, so... i don't have too much hope to something getting better even in the next 10 years
"There is something so sensual about fur next to the skin, don't you think?"
— Delysia, Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day

Marcel

Postby Marcel » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:08 pm

:roll:

furs limited

Postby furs limited » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:42 am

Selfishly, the only redeeming thing about Trump as President might be that the First Lady will wear fur.

punisherthunder

Postby punisherthunder » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:31 am

FURS 4 LIFE

Return to “Ye Olde Denne Pub”