The possible bright side to the election???

chrisndeca

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will add that a possible bright side is now more people will be vigilant with regard to paying attention to local as well as national politics. Perhaps more thinking people will come out and vote. My wife and I are already planning on joining the women's march at our state capitol.

• 6 months later...

Keep it friendly in here. I don't want to see "Killary" and dumb shit like that.

Bob - I disagree with you entirely, but I won't get into it. You're a grown adult - be respectful, and use the proper name if you want to bash someone.

While we encourage respectful discussion, political discussions can easily bring out violently opposing views. At one time ALL political discussion was banned from this site due to how vehemently many people express their political opinions.

Please keep it civil, respectful, and polite or we will start doing some heavy handed moderation

Melania Trump certainly has a style about her for sure. My wife and MIL are totally infatuated with whatever she wears when appearing in public. I didn't think much until some female co-workers of mine revealed they're obsessed too

I think the election was doomed when it had to be decided between him and Hillary. Now, we can only hope

Except it now turns out a lot of demonizing Hillary was stuff planted by Russians and companies who supported trump. Not claiming she was perfect, just that could have happened to any candidate against him.

If you think a politician has your best interests in mind then you are delusional.

I obey the law, pay my taxes, and live freely as I can. It is what it is, and my voice doesn't matter.

That's how I see it.

If you think a politician has your best interests in mind then you are delusional.

I obey the law, pay my taxes, and live freely as I can. It is what it is, and my voice doesn't matter.

That's how I see it.

I stopped expecting that from politicians a while ago.

The problem today is having a decent amount of competency and leadership is treated as either a negative or irrelevant factor among many voters (and this applies to both US parties).

I am for term limits on all these people. Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters are nearly 80 and still trying to hold on. John McCain has brain cancer and he's pledged to "fight and be back on the Senate floor". Why? What for? Then I read that Kid Rock is running for Senate in Michigan? At these stage in the game, I'm all for career politicians who bilk the public coffers to be voted out. If Kid Rock wins, then what does that say?

I am for term limits on all these people. Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters are nearly 80 and still trying to hold on. John McCain has brain cancer and he's pledged to "fight and be back on the Senate floor". Why? What for? Then I read that Kid Rock is running for Senate in Michigan? At these stage in the game, I'm all for career politicians who bilk the public coffers to be voted out. If Kid Rock wins, then what does that say?

Not enough to just put term limits on the legislators. It will just make legislators who don't have enough experience, and who will find themselves reliant on lobbyist and special interests, who would be around longer and have information the legislators want.

I know this because that's what happened when California tried term limits on its state government.

Not enough to just put term limits on the legislators. It will just make legislators who don't have enough experience, and who will find themselves reliant on lobbyist and special interests, who would be around longer and have information the legislators want.

I know this because that's what happened when California tried term limits on its state government.

It is true that the lobbyists could come out of the woodwork, but what good is McCain doing now? Sure Jimmy Carter has brain cancer and is ninety-something years old, but JC is one in a million I suppose. But also with newer people (even Populists), the lobbyists don't have an edge on them I guess. But I did see where Kid Rock is up 5 points in a poll over the current Democrat Senator there. Wow.

• 5 months later...

Hilary should tried convicted and hanged fucking, liberal hate them the Trumps bring glamour and style back to the white house although I think Air Force 1 is a bit small for them compered to there ultra luxurious airbus.

Hilary should tried convicted and hanged fucking, liberal hate them the Trumps bring glamour and style back to the white house although I think Air Force 1 is a bit small for them compered to there ultra luxurious airbus.

Yeah we aren't doing the 'hanged' bullshit here.

Keep it civil, or don't post. Next comment that even hints at angry content will get deleted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I personally supported Trump. I followed from his first speech announcing his run on the escalator. Did a quick background check and he was interested for a long while. Also, the memes was what made it for me xD. Propaganda was fantastic in helping him too. Besides that, I do see a bright side to this. Best one imo: at least we're not like Europe atm.