Coffee drinkers

The Place to let your Alter-Ego run rampant - at management's discretion.
[Place off-topic (non-fur) posts here.]
Forum rules
Disclaimer - Members are reminded that this is a multi-cultural site and as such should be tolerant of and acknowledge at all times the religious, sexual, political and racial differences that will be presented within. Feel free to wish someone a Merry Christmas or Happy Easter.
hypnomink

Re: Coffee drinkers

Postby hypnomink » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 pm

Black coffee for me, I also appreciate aromas and notes of chocolate, nuts, and cherries in it.

punisherthunder

Postby punisherthunder » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:19 pm

hypnomink wrote:Black coffee for me, I also appreciate aromas and notes of chocolate, nuts, and cherries in it.

Same I drink mine black as well.

Although when you mention the aromas of chocolate, nuts, or even fruits, I also get the same taste from some cigars. That opens up a whole new world of tastes as well.
FURS 4 LIFE

hypnomink

Postby hypnomink » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:25 pm

punisherthunder wrote:
hypnomink wrote:Black coffee for me, I also appreciate aromas and notes of chocolate, nuts, and cherries in it.

Although when you mention the aromas of chocolate, nuts, or even fruits, I also get the same taste from some cigars. That opens up a whole new world of tastes as well.

Cigars and even cigarettes with different whiskeys and even some craft beers really do things for my tastebuds. I'm pretty consistent with favoring those flavors in craft beers and elsewhere. What kind of cigars? I'd love to try them.

punisherthunder

Postby punisherthunder » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:35 pm

hypnomink wrote:
punisherthunder wrote:

Cigars and even cigarettes with different whiskeys and even some craft beers really do things for my tastebuds. I'm pretty consistent with favoring those flavors in craft beers and elsewhere. What kind of cigars? I'd love to try them.

Oh wow, I could really write a lot on this. I don't smoke cigarettes and never have. I do enjoy cigars with my wife on occasion (we do this out on our deck and sometimes wear our fur coats when indulging!). I've always enjoyed Drew Estate, Rocky Patel, CAO, the new Asylums, and of course the Liga X or a Cuban if I can get ahold of one.

As for a drink choice, I stick to Jack Daniels, scotch and soda, or a little rum mixed with something and that's typically in the summertime. To pair a cigar with coffee takes a little more planning to line up the flavors.

How about you friend?
FURS 4 LIFE

hypnomink

Postby hypnomink » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:42 am

punisherthunder wrote:
hypnomink wrote:
punisherthunder wrote:

Oh wow, I could really write a lot on this. I don't smoke cigarettes and never have. I do enjoy cigars with my wife on occasion (we do this out on our deck and sometimes wear our fur coats when indulging!). I've always enjoyed Drew Estate, Rocky Patel, CAO, the new Asylums, and of course the Liga X or a Cuban if I can get ahold of one.

As for a drink choice, I stick to Jack Daniels, scotch and soda, or a little rum mixed with something and that's typically in the summertime. To pair a cigar with coffee takes a little more planning to line up the flavors.

How about you friend?

So I more often smoke cigarettes with friends when I drink or if we're at a show between sets. My favorites are Marlboro Reds. Occasionally, I've done cigarettes with coffee if we're staying up late and needing a caffeine boost. That's how I know those flavors work together.

Cigars I don't have specific brands, because I've only smoked a few when sitting out with friends among a campfire while taking swigs of my friend's Woodford Reserve Double Oaked Bourbon Whiskey. New Year's would have been a nice celebratory time to smoke one, I guess, but it was below 0 degrees fahrenheit with wind chill, so it wouldn't have been worth it to freeze.

Jack and Coke is good if I'm at a bar and don't want to drink beer, otherwise I drink whiskeys neat at home. Bulleit Rye Whiskey, Redemption Rye Whiskey, Hudson Baby Bourbon, and Monkey Shoulder Scotch (strong citrus note) are probably my favorites that I'd like to try with cigars (maybe not the Bulleit).

That said, to bring this back around to coffee, Prairie Artisan Ale's Bomb! is a craft beer sold in single 12oz bottles and aged on coffee, chocolate, vanilla beans, and a hint of ancho chili peppers. It's a heavy imperial stout at 13% ABV (I think they make an alternate version at 15%) and usually in 5-7$ range. It's a favorite for treating myself, has really robust and rich flavors. I'd love to try it with a cigar, so thank you for the recommendations.

Another good coffee flavored craft beer is Santa Fe's Java Stout (8% ABV). Coffee and chocolate notes. I'd recommend trying it sometime.

Once it warms back up a bit, at least enough for bonfires in my friends's backyard, I'll have to give some of those cigars a try with all these.

CAPITALISTIC BLONDE

Postby CAPITALISTIC BLONDE » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:51 am

This is my kind of thread.. I LOVE coffee. All kinds, and most coffee. I've rarely met a coffee I didn't love.

It's actually my favourite flavor in the world too, I love the taste of it. Followed by dark chocolate & cacao.

paul2809

Postby paul2809 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:03 pm

Mother parkers is a good coffee brand from canada... Thier Tx Pecan and house blend are both great

weejimmy

Postby weejimmy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:20 pm

I buy fair trade green beans and weekly roast them to a medium-dark, then mill the each time I brew. Enjoy both black and with 10%.

Aaashue1

Postby Aaashue1 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:54 pm

I'm a huge fiend for flat whites, the best I've had so far is at my old local chain (of about 10 shops) who used colombian arabica beans. It was so strong without being bitter in the slightest.

I don't go to coffee shops much though. When I'm at home I can easily go through 7-8 cups of instant coffee a day even though it doesn't compare with real coffee. The best I've had so far is Nescafe Azera

PleasureHound

Postby PleasureHound » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:08 am

Starbucks Dark Roast, cold and black. Free refills with the Gold Card!

Return to “Ye Olde Denne Pub”