Gaming

s1m17

Yes, a topic on games. I already know a few members here who enjoy this past time so I thought why not have a topic to discuss it. I'll start by asking: What consoles do you own? What are your favourite games? and just discuss anything else about games I guess, like the next-gen systems and your opinion on them, games worth getting.. all that kind of stuff

Ooh - a gaming thread!!

Ok here goes - i have a PS2, PSP, Gamecube, and 2 Gameboy Advance SPs. As for games, i will list those i can remember:

Gran Turismo 4 - PS2

Pokemon Colosseum - GameCube

Pokemon Leaf Green / Fire Red / Ruby / Sapphire - GameBoy

Phantasy Star Online - GameCube

Tenchu 3 - PS2

Burnout / Untold Legends / Wipeout Pure - PSP

Those are the only games i can remember the names of. My top game out of all of those is probably Gran Turismo - the only game i am vaguely good at, and enjoy the hell out of, even when things to horribly wrong. AM also a bit of an RPG fan, since i used to have a copy of Final Fantasy 7 (which i never even got past disc 1 of) and i really liked it.

Unclejoe

niiice. I have a PS2,PSP,Gamecube and SP as well heh heh. For PSP I've got Wipeout Pure, Grand Theft Auto: LCS and Virtua tennis. I'm a fan of RPGs and generally any game that's good.

Have you ever played Super Monkey Ball? Damned hilarious game if you ask me.. 4-player Monkey Fight - worth just watching!!

Yup I have, in fact I own Super Monkey Ball 2 for GC. Totally insane game, magical monkeys in plastic balls rolling through and obstacle filled courses. It's great fun though, especially multiplayer

Gaming eh? Well... to start i do console and pc.

console:

xbox, ps2 - halo, halo 2, all the final fantasy series, burnout (all of them), and whatever i rent...

pc:

team fortress classic, counter-strike, world of warcraft, sims2

Im game for anything really...

FF12 out in Japan, yay. Now we just have to wait for them to translate it. A bunch of my friends are totally addicted to World of Warcraft, one of them has played for like 50 days!

Was considering getting the Japanese game series "Zoids Vs" for GameCube if it wasn't for one tiny detail - i can't read Japanese!!

Will probably keep an eye-out fo the US versions of these games, since i am a bit of a big stompy robot fan!!

Unclejoe

It would take me far too long to list the games I own, but over the course of the years I've managed to purchase nearly every console to have come out since the late seventies (the ones from before that time are on my "to do" list).

Right now I have an X-box 360, PS2, Gamecube, Dreamcast and N64 set up for play, as well as a few free standing Arcade Systems running all sorts of games set up as well.

The majority of my collection came to me through other sources, I've only bought the 360 and PS2 myself.

Actually, on the topic of games, have any of you found any Fur Wearing characters in the games you've played?

The only character that readily comes to mind off the top of my head is Lulu from Final Fantasy X.

Any of you find any other occurences?

The last console that I've owned was an N64. And I beat Zelda:The Ocarina of time 2 or 3 times.

But I think my favorite games that I've played were Final Fantasy II & III. I really like getting involved in the story lines.

That is some collection tigress! I can think of another fur wearing game character and that's Lady Jane from Timesplitters 2, she wears a white fur jacket. I can't think of any others though, there must and should be others. Anyone planning to get the Nintendo Revolution?

Fox, a great game with a great storyline has to be Metal Gear Solid (1,2 or 3). Final Fantasy 7 too.

PS2 console, favorite games are Need For Speed Underground 2, Gran Turismo 4 and Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (I can kick some hardcore butt in all Tony Hawk games! ) I miss my Super Nintendo though!

Ah well, here comes more boredom *sigh*

Just have PC games:

Caesar 3, AOE2 and Mythology, Heroes of Might and Magic 4, Empire Earth and Grand prix 1, 2 & 3 (okay... sooo I rarely play GP1 anymore *grin*}

PS2 console, favorite games are Need For Speed Underground 2, Gran Turismo 4 and Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (I can kick some hardcore butt in all Tony Hawk games! ) I miss my Super Nintendo though!

Hey Foxy!!

You like Gran Turismo too? cool Would love to give you a game some time!! Do you have a fave car in GT at all?

Unclejoe

Hey UncleJoe!

I prefer Supra's. But as a typical girl, anything that looks pretty works for me. In Need for Speed Underground 2, My top 3 are the VW GTI 1.8T, the Lexus IS300, and a really sweet ride when you can finally unlock it is the Pontiac GTO-S. Yours? As for giving me a game, I would give you a run for your money! Never underestimate the power of a girl (especially when she is driving! Just ask Fox! )

-Foxy

Hey UncleJoe!

I prefer Supra's. But as a typical girl, anything that looks pretty works for me. In Need for Speed Underground 2, My top 3 are the VW GTI 1.8T, the Lexus IS300, and a really sweet ride when you can finally unlock it is the Pontiac GTO-S. Yours? As for giving me a game, I would give you a run for your money! Never underestimate the power of a girl (especially when she is driving! Just ask Fox! )

-Foxy

Well, i tend to lean towards the Nissan Skyline GT-R for normal racing, and either the Mitsubishi Evo 8 or the Lancia Delta Integrale for rallying!! Must admit, have had a lot of fun suping up some of the smaller cars in GT4 - ever seen a Nissan Cube with 200+ horsepower?

Unclejoe

Well, i tend to lean towards the Nissan Skyline GT-R for normal racing, and either the Mitsubishi Evo 8 or the Lancia Delta Integrale for rallying!! Must admit, have had a lot of fun suping up some of the smaller cars in GT4 - ever seen a Nissan Cube with 200+ horsepower?

Unclejoe

As much as I hate to admit it because Skyline's are the ULTIMATE, I can't control it, even with the the higher stage upgrades. Must agree that the Evo is tons of fun for rallying though! If you haven't already, check out need for speed - think you would have lots of fun in there, especially with all the customizations you can do right off the bat to any car you want. The crappy part is you can only run them for time trials though until you get far enough into the game to unlock them. But it's still cool to do all the stuff to them! Your first options for a car purchase are a Focus(not a Z series), a Civic (not an SI), or a Tiburon (not a GT). Take my advice, use the Tiburon. It's an all around better car (handling, acceleration, etc.) and cheaper to hook up. You should see my GTO!! And it runs low 10's already!!! My IS300 only runs 13's, but it's hella eye candy! By the way, you can keep your Cube. I hate those "things"! (You can't even classify that as a car, not even with 200HP! )

-Foxy

I'm a gamer! I'm even doing a Games Design course in college.

I play PC games mainly. Addicted to World of Warcraft and have been so for about over a year now... I'm quite fond of 'Roleplaying' there.

I also own a PS2, but recently it is there gathering dust.

A few of my fave games include...

Final Fantasy 8

Quake II

Doom

Duke Nukem

Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles

Grand Theft Auto 3

Half Life 2

Super Metriod

The last console that I've owned was an N64. And I beat Zelda:The Ocarina of time 2 or 3 times.

But I think my favorite games that I've played were Final Fantasy II & III. I really like getting involved in the story lines.

I recently started playing FF3 again on my SNES as I never finished it first time around. 20 hours in, and the battery backup in the cartridge finally gave up the ghost

Race me in my skyline on need for speed, see my dust

That and need for speed most wanted i play on xbox.. my little impala does well... im always playing world of warcraft, tfc, counterstrike, and gunbound... if anyones interested in playing, or even doign a local lan one day, hit me up!

I recently started playing FF3 again on my SNES as I never finished it first time around. 20 hours in, and the battery backup in the cartridge finally gave up the ghost

How painful.