Having a problem with the chat room

Really want to use the chat room but every time I try to send a message it says it's spam and that I shouldn't repeat messages. I haven't been able to send a single message so far. Any one know what's going on or how to help?

I'm in there now. You can't 'spam' the same word over and over, so maybe switch it up.

It's working for me, and one other currently.

I'm in there now. You can't 'spam' the same word over and over, so maybe switch it up.

It's working for me, and one other currently.

I'm switching up the words I'm using and it's still saying it's spam

I'll look into it but honestly there isn't much I can do. The people who programmed it went out of business, and we had several chatters in there earlier without issue.

I've changed the spam settings, but again it's working for everyone but you it seems.

I'd suggest clearing your website history, and making sure your java is up to date.

I'd suggest clearing your website history, and making sure your java is up to date.
Clearing browser cache & history is always the best starting point to diagnose and clear a problem.

I believe our chat facility uses more javascript than java, so be sure you are not blocking any javascript or java from thefurden.com.

I've been trying this on my phone so I'll try on my computer and see if anything changes.

Not sure how it works on phone to be honest. I cant troubleshoot that.

Best used in a browser on a computer, or try another browser on your phone.

While I am seldom in chat, I did do a quick test on my desktop Linux system using Firefox without any noticeable issues.

I also tried using Firefox on an Android tablet and could not get it to work as the userid info was not passed to the chat program. While I cannot test an iOS system, it appears our chat only works properly with desktop systems.

I cannot guarantee anything on mobile. I also cannot troubleshoot, nor fix anything since the people who made the code are gone.

Wish I could do more. I may eventually look into a new chat system, but with social media as well as other things there isn't a real big need for it.

I have no personal opposition to the chat room per say, but I rarely use it because depending upon how many people are there it becomes difficult for me to keep track of who I am chatting with at a given moment. Never have had any problems though technically.