Hello!!

Lavender

Hello!

So I'm new here and relatively new to furs (though I used to have the odd pelt when I was a kid) I pretty much stayed away from fur for 10 years. My favourite era is the 1930s/40s and I have 3 foxes from that era, a mink wrap and 2 foxes from a bit later.

So yeah foxes are my thing mostly. Unfortunately 2 of them are in pretty poor condition so I'm debating whether to have them remade into something else or sell them on for someone looking to start a collection.

Besides fur I like all sorts from books, to TV/Movies, reading, writing, photography etc.

Hi Lavender

I agree with your interest in 30's fox furs.

Yeah you should take the worn pieces and turn that into something interesting and fun.

Hi Lavender, welcome aboard and enjoy your trip to the fur fantasy land here

I have seen some amazing fur photos from the 30s and 40s but they are mostly black and white and you need to use your imagination to understand how they must have felt. We are talking about an era when synthetics had not yet been invented: no acrylic, nylon, polyester and that I presume gave a high degree of organic, natural feel to the fashions of that era.

If you have a collection of photos from that era, please share them, and hopefully we will get a great discussion about those!

Hi all! thank you for the warm welcomes

I don't have any photos from the era sadly - I have seen a few from the 20s but I'm not as captivated.

I recently watched the new series of Man in the High Castle which had 2 scenes where the women were bathed in fur and foxes and it was glorious!!

Hi Lavender

I agree with your interest in 30's fox furs.

Yeah you should take the worn pieces and turn that into something interesting and fun.

I was thinking this but I'm not sure what to turn them into.

Since I made this post I also acquired 2 more foxes. The fur fall from a few of them is horrendous - it's like I own a cat or something!