Hello from a young UK fur designer

Emily

Hi all!

I used to have an account here, probably about 5 (?!) years ago, but I can't remember my username or any of my threads! So, I made a new account...

Anyway, as the title suggests, I am a relatively 'new' fur designer (and indeed, furrier) based in the UK (previously, I worked as a pattern cutter and in teaching general fashion). I'm a member of the British Fur Trade Association and you can see some of my work on Instagram - my name is Emiloufur.

There's a lot I could say here, but... basically, I am very involved in fur, and I'm considering myself part of a new movement of young people (and specifically, young women) into the fur trade. I'm participating in pretty much everything I can when it comes to fur, including teaching a bit in Finland, visiting farms and dressing facilities, and of course designing and making fur products (and I've also spoken in Parliament - not that I would enjoy repeating that experience - and I sometimes have radio debates, most notably and recently against members of PETA and the Humane Society).

I could ramble for an exceptionally long time, but perhaps I'll just say that if anyone has any questions, do ask.

Welcome back Emily! I am always fascinated by the design and creation aspects of fur fashion and I hope you will tell us more about your exciting projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back, Emily! Your work, and tenacity, are inspiring.

While in recent years I haven't posted here frequently, I'm looking forward to thought-provoking discussion as we approach northern hemisphere winter -- and as this forum evolves beyond its current arrangement. It's nice to have a relatively anonymous alternative to social media for our specific interest group available!

• 2 weeks later...

Small World, Welcome back. I am new here, having had this site recommended to me.

Loking forward to meeting new friends and connecting with current contacts

Re the political side of fur, I'm sure you know Labours view on the subject. Beginning to think my fur love is at odds with Labours stance on the subject and I'm not really sure that I can continue my membership of said party.

Chloe

Welcome Emily! Nice to see you here, I've been following you on instagram (under the name furislovefurislife) as well for about 3 or 4 years now and I love your work! I hope you will have a big positive impact on the fur fashion industry!

Hi all!

I used to have an account here, probably about 5 (?!) years ago, but I can't remember my username or any of my threads! So, I made a new account...

Anyway, as the title suggests, I am a relatively 'new' fur designer (and indeed, furrier) based in the UK (previously, I worked as a pattern cutter and in teaching general fashion). I'm a member of the British Fur Trade Association and you can see some of my work on Instagram - my name is Emiloufur.

There's a lot I could say here, but... basically, I am very involved in fur, and I'm considering myself part of a new movement of young people (and specifically, young women) into the fur trade. I'm participating in pretty much everything I can when it comes to fur, including teaching a bit in Finland, visiting farms and dressing facilities, and of course designing and making fur products (and I've also spoken in Parliament - not that I would enjoy repeating that experience - and I sometimes have radio debates, most notably and recently against members of PETA and the Humane Society).

I could ramble for an exceptionally long time, but perhaps I'll just say that if anyone has any questions, do ask.

Emily,

Would you be interested in meeting genuine fur fans?

I am putting together a group of people on Monday evening, 19th of November, in Cheltenham.

Let me know if it's something that you'd like to know more about.

Best wishes,

Mistress Adalia

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Emily, lovely to hear from you and what you are doing. I’d love to hear more from you.

Kind regards

Silverlining

PS not sure how you get in touch with me?

• 5 years later...

Hallo beste fur-vrienden,

Dit jaar (2024) willen we het ‘FurEvent NL’ organiseren in oost-Nederland.

We willen graag inventariseren wie hier belangstelling voor heeft en mogelijk wenst te komen.

=============================================================================== 

Hello dear fur-friends,

This year (2024) we like to organizeFurEvent NL’ at the eastern part of The Netherlands.

We want to know who like to come.

For more information: http://fureventnl.wordpress.com