Happy to find you all!

dmaninfur

New to the forum from NYC, so happy I found this on a random search for something!

Love wearing fur, love owning it, and am not ashamed to brave the streets here in my coat. My theory is if my mother and her obscene collection, (really, I sometimes wonder if she has had an affair with her furrier for the amount of time she has spent there) can make it this long without having paint flung at her, I should be just fine.

Like she says, when I said something about her wearing her furs to dialysis, "doesn't mean I have to give up my dignity".

Welcome dmaninfur.

That's great that you can wear fur outside without worrying. I often wonder how many men wear furs in NYC?

You must have learned about furs from your Mom. Sounds like she loves owning furs also. How many do you and Mom have?

Hi Mink,

Thanks! Not a lot of men do, but I don't think I've really cared much about what other people do, I think wearing fur is all about owning that you love it, are comfortable, and warm! I have gotten so many compliments when I do, and men who make jealous remarks of appreciation, wishing they'd do it. I always tell people they should at least try!

I did, her father was a tailor and furrier before they came to this country, and my mom was a designer in the fashion industry from the mid sixties to the late eighties, so her collection, honestly I don't even know. She has a lot, probably the ones she actually uses, is maybe 20-30?

I have about 10, one it's really time to replace, and I have been eyeing a reversible leather trench with a mink lining, which would combine my love of leather, and fur!

Dan

Hello! I am like you, I love my furs and have only ever had positive comments.

My special favorite is a green mink - I get away with wearing it to places I would be more careful about wearing one of my more ostentacious pieces.....

Mistress Adalia