Anna Nicole Smith in.. is this Lynx or Fox?

Self explanatory - Pictures of Models and Celebrities wearing fur.
gs234

Re: Anna Nicole Smith in.. is this Lynx or Fox?

Postby gs234 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:45 pm

Love that picture! Such a sultry look and gorgeous lynx.

lynxette

Postby lynxette » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:38 am

This a very nice creamy Canadian or possibly Russian lynx. I lean toward Russian, as the colouring is more creamy beige, and Canadian tends to have more gray. The guard hairs of lynx are much longer than fox, which is very evident from the photos here.
I LIVE FOR FURS...AND NEED FURS TO LIVE!

CAPITALISTIC BLONDE

Postby CAPITALISTIC BLONDE » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:45 am

lynxette wrote:This a very nice creamy Canadian or possibly Russian lynx. I lean toward Russian, as the colouring is more creamy beige, and Canadian tends to have more gray. The guard hairs of lynx are much longer than fox, which is very evident from the photos here.

Thank you Lynxette. Do you think the coat Anna Nicole is wearing in the photo is the same coat on the mannequin or another one she had/wore? Do they look like the same coat to you?

lynxette

Postby lynxette » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:00 am

No.....If you look at the pic of her there is quite a bit more beige in the lower areas than shows up in the coat on the mannequin. The one on the mannequin appears to be Canadian lynx, with the characteristic gray colouring. The direct sunlight on the photo of her may be influencing the colouring, but not by that much I don't think. The collar looks to be very close however, and photo identification alone is problematic at best, impossible at worst. Both beautiful coats though. I have seen the coyote parka that Gerald Ford wore to Alaska in pics, and the one in the museum, which is in fact not the same coat, as he gave the original to Leonid Brezhnev and a second much less nice one was made later. This is just an example of how things can become convoluted.

CAPITALISTIC BLONDE

Postby CAPITALISTIC BLONDE » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:28 am

lynxette wrote:No.....If you look at the pic of her there is quite a bit more beige in the lower areas than shows up in the coat on the mannequin. The one on the mannequin appears to be Canadian lynx, with the characteristic gray colouring. The direct sunlight on the photo of her may be influencing the colouring, but not by that much I don't think. The collar looks to be very close however, and photo identification alone is problematic at best, impossible at worst. Both beautiful coats though. I have seen the coyote parka that Gerald Ford wore to Alaska in pics, and the one in the museum, which is in fact not the same coat, as he gave the original to Leonid Brezhnev and a second much less nice one was made later. This is just an example of how things can become convoluted.

That's what I thought too.. but I think they used this photo during the auction of her other lynx (on the mannequin). I thought too that the one on the mannequin is canadian lynx, and noticed the brown tones on the one in the photo of her. Also, can you believe they auctioned the one on the mannequin as FOX?!

CAPITALISTIC BLONDE

Postby CAPITALISTIC BLONDE » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:29 am

lynxette wrote:The collar looks to be very close however, and photo identification alone is problematic at best, impossible at worst. Both beautiful coats though. I have seen the coyote parka that Gerald Ford wore to Alaska in pics, and the one in the museum, which is in fact not the same coat, as he gave the original to Leonid Brezhnev and a second much less nice one was made later. This is just an example of how things can become convoluted.

I agree they are both BEAUTIFUL coats! Though I love the one in the photo of her most of all.

lynxette

Postby lynxette » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:50 am

Capitalistic Blonde, yes I can believe they sold a lynx as a fox, and you are now proving my point on the other thread regarding the Russian lynx from Dynasty. People in general more often than not do not know what they are talking about when it comes to fur identification, and of course even those of us who have a great deal of knowledge and experience are wrong at times.

Return to “Model & Celebrity Profiles”