Nice, France

Guest furlessinCA

Well here goes.

My thoughts are with the people affected with the recent events in Nice, France. It puts in perspective what really matters.

Please feel free to start a different uplifting thread.

My faith in humanity gets worse and worse every day.. RIP to all lives lost, and love be with the ones who survived.

I don't know what else to say really... the world is so screwed.

France is a target for all those morons who act, supposedly, in the name of God because it is the country of tolerance.

Unfortunately this tolerance has limits and I realize this every day with the rise of racism in our beautiful country. Racism motivated just because a minority of people who are intolerant of customs and traditions and other religions have chosen our land to get their message of death.

We will not stop to live, even if we always have apprehension when taking part in a rally.

In these moments I am proud to be French and to show them that we do not fear them.

My thoughts are with you and your country Tweety. It sounds as if France is not unlike the U.S. when it comes to tolerance. That is, it is a vast minority of muslims who are driving the intolerance toward many, if not all Muslims within the U.S. Though, I will say overall, it appears that the U.S. is less tolerant that France or Europe in general.