Wearing furs while sleeping?

Jonasfoxluvr

The recent drop of the temperature in my living place is a really good chance for me to wrap around the fur boas all day long, and I enjoy it so much when I wear them while reading papers and playing video games. As I have said it is quite cold here at night and sometimes I want to keep wearing them when I am bed, but I am not sure whether it is good or suitable to wear furs during sleeping since I am afraid of "damaging the furs"(i.e. giving too much pressure to the furs when lying on the furs).

Thank you

Jason

Yeah....bad idea...don't do that. You might matte the fur or rip the seams or even damage the pelts significantly if you sweat too much in them. These are expensive winter coats and should be treated as such. I wouldn't do anything that might cause you to damage the furs that you invested so much money in, if I were you. Especially out of desperation. Just turn up the heat in your house by one or two degrees.

I agree wholeheartedly...get yourself a coyote or fox fur blanket to use on the bed to sleep under...the best solution, and one that I do every night of the year.

Yeah....bad idea...don't do that. You might matte the fur or rip the seams or even damage the pelts significantly if you sweat too much in them. These are expensive winter coats and should be treated as such. I wouldn't do anything that might cause you to damage the furs that you invested so much money in, if I were you. Especially out of desperation. Just turn up the heat in your house by one or two degrees.

Thank you very much for your advice! Though my furs may not be that expensive when compared to yours, I love them so much and I don't want to do any damages to them, so I won't do that.

I agree wholeheartedly...get yourself a coyote or fox fur blanket to use on the bed to sleep under...the best solution, and one that I do every night of the year.

I will buy one once I got a well-paid job, and it is also one of my ultimate fur-dreams

Ive tried sleeping in a full length coyote I bought used... I didn't last long before I was just way to warm... like you said though, probably dont want to lay around too long with the pressure on the fur...

• 4 weeks later...
Ive tried sleeping in a full length coyote I bought used... I didn't last long before I was just way to warm... like you said though, probably dont want to lay around too long with the pressure on the fur...

Yes, I was just same with you as I woke at midnight due to warmness and I didn't really want my sweat "pollute" my fur.

I use the faux furs for it. But, when I used real furs, I covered myself like a blanket instead of wearing it

Maybe it's time for me to get some faux furs for sleeping...

I have on occasion fallen asleep in a fur coat under the covers,but never slept in one all night, for the reasons already mentioned above.

Okay, so you take a progressive approach so to say. I on the other hand sleep year round under two coyote blankets, and sometimes add a third at this time of the year. I keep the house cool in summer to allow for this. When I travel, I always take a travel sized fox or coyote blanket, as I do not really sleep well without a fur.

The most I have ever done was taken a nap in a blue fox or tanuki coat. I can attest that it was quite a luxurious and deep sleeping experience. However, I cannot use one for regular sleep as I can toss and turn a lot and I’m afraid I would cause a tear to one.

Maybe it's time for me to get some faux furs for sleeping...

"The choice of the professional." - Ammu-Nation gun seller, GTA San Andreas

Has anyone ever sleep on top of fur? Or sleep under fur with the fur side on the skin. Or just using a fur coat to sleep under, something that is not designed as a blanket.

I also hear stories of couple wearing fur rolling around in bed ( you know what I mean ) Good idea?

I'm afraid any of this may cause damage to the fur.

Has anyone ever sleep on top of fur? Or sleep under fur with the fur side on the skin. Or just using a fur coat to sleep under, something that is not designed as a blanket.
Yes, it doesn't make sense otherwise, as my wife has put it.

I also hear stories of couple wearing fur rolling around in bed ( you know what I mean ) Good idea?
Definitely yes!

I'm afraid any of this may cause damage to the fur.
Yes, but that's part of the fun.

I have on some really cold nights taken one fur blanket...fox or raccoon, and placed it fur side down beneath the bed sheet and the top fur blankets. This is really a warm and cozy way to sleep.

I sleep all year round on a lambskin under bed with a sheepskin pillow under a goatskin-blanket.

For the cold time I’ve a second goatskin-blanket and a rabbit-scarf. I sleep with open window at all time. When it is very cold, I put on a rabbit-sweater and lambskin-shoes.

I have been doing this for many years, and I sleep wonderfully.

My wife does the same, but in the cold time she put a featherbed over his goatskin-blanket.

I have on some really cold nights taken one fur blanket...fox or raccoon, and placed it fur side down beneath the bed sheet and the top fur blankets. This is really a warm and cozy way to sleep.

With the fur side down beneath the bed sheets, its this because it creates a vapor barrier with the lining of the blanket and sheet so that sweat does not get on the fur?

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is a sin actually. I was sleeping with my fur on and it felt so good on my bare skin and I lost myself and found myself humping my furs and it felt so good I'm so ashamed. But it was so good.