Gaming

s1m17

Rainbow Six: Siege anyone?

thinking about picking that up for PC since it's on sale via Steam.

Same as you, as I also got the game from the Steam's sale in the last month and I would say it is a really good FPS game

So I took a long sabbatical from gaming, like four or five years of time, only playing with a friend at his house from time to time as a social thing. He finally convinced me to make a steam account early in the summer, which I used to play the original Witcher (I like some of the books) and which then sat dormant until the finale of Twin Peaks The Return, when I started craving more surreal mystery and learned there were games influenced by the original run of the show.

I found an inexpensive download code online for Alan Wake and played through that, loved it, and have been getting back into games since then, Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Life is Strange, and Deadly Premonition being three others that I got and have played on 360. On Steam, I got into games like Virginia, Oxenfree, and Kentucky Route Zero. I still have yet to play Dear Esther, Firewatch, Kona, Stories Untold, and my latest and most anticipated purchase Night in the Woods, but I have them lined up to play. Due to my love of film noir and pulp fiction, my friend recommended Fallout: New Vegas and L.A. Noire, so I got those in October and have been working through New Vegas slowly. This New Year, Microsoft had a big sale, and I got Dishonored, Silent Hill HD, Bioshock, Dragon Age: Origins, and The Wolf Among Us.

These are all the games I will be working through as my time permits throughout the year. I save my Steam for indie games, mainly, since I play them on my MacBook. Eventually, in the future, I would like to build a PC, like most of my friends have. Currently, the nice part of playing older games on my 360 has been how inexpensive they all are now.

So I took a long sabbatical from gaming, like four or five years of time, only playing with a friend at his house from time to time as a social thing. He finally convinced me to make a steam account early in the summer, which I used to play the original Witcher (I like some of the books) and which then sat dormant until the finale of Twin Peaks The Return, when I started craving more surreal mystery and learned there were games influenced by the original run of the show.

I found an inexpensive download code online for Alan Wake and played through that, loved it, and have been getting back into games since then, Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Life is Strange, and Deadly Premonition being three others that I got and have played on 360. On Steam, I got into games like Virginia, Oxenfree, and Kentucky Route Zero. I still have yet to play Dear Esther, Firewatch, Kona, Stories Untold, and my latest and most anticipated purchase Night in the Woods, but I have them lined up to play. Due to my love of film noir and pulp fiction, my friend recommended Fallout: New Vegas and L.A. Noire, so I got those in October and have been working through New Vegas slowly. This New Year, Microsoft had a big sale, and I got Dishonored, Silent Hill HD, Bioshock, Dragon Age: Origins, and The Wolf Among Us.

These are all the games I will be working through as my time permits throughout the year. I save my Steam for indie games, mainly, since I play them on my MacBook. Eventually, in the future, I would like to build a PC, like most of my friends have. Currently, the nice part of playing older games on my 360 has been how inexpensive they all are now.

On 360 I loved Mass Effect trilogy, and in my humble opinion Fallout 3 was much better than NV. Washington DC was damn atmospheric.

If you happen to care about cars or racing games, I beg you to play Forza Horizon 1 and Project Gotham Racing 4

Guest tonias

On 360 I loved Mass Effect trilogy, and in my humble opinion Fallout 3 was much better than NV. Washington DC was damn atmospheric.

Definitely agree with Alyssa. Mass Effect 2 is still a game I keep revisiting. Fallout 3 has had several replays, as well. Never could get through a whole playthrough of NV for some reason.

For the record, flying through Sonic Mania on Steam at the moment. If you ever liked the original 90's Sonic the Hedgehog games for Genesis, this is a faithful tribute to those with a few enjoyable curve balls.

• 4 weeks later...

Few days ago I started Elite Dangerous on X One. The most complex game what I've ever seen. Yet just do delivery missions, try to build my bankroll, this game is HUGHE.

• 3 weeks later...

I play mostly PC right now, but I do go back and enjoy PS1 and PS2 games every now and then. I play a lot of LoL, WoW, and steam games. Mainly I like rpgs. Probably favorite one I played would be the cult classic The legend of dragoon for PS1. Surprising following, and interesting game.

We didnt buy the expansion, and honestly haven't looked into it yet. We've both been playing since vanilla, and took a long hiatus from it. Doing Broken Shore stuff now. I'm Pandaren though so it won't matter for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm putting together an older PC for W98 goodies. P3 600, 512MB RAM, Soundblaster 16 and a Geforce 6200, because of the s-video output. I can't wait to play again all the hit parades from 2000's :v

I'm putting together an older PC for W98 goodies. P3 600, 512MB RAM, Soundblaster 16 and a Geforce 6200, because of the s-video output. I can't wait to play again all the hit parades from 2000's :v

I thought about doing that, but I'm too lazy. I have a ton of old games on CD still. Emperor, Red Alert 2, and a bunch of others that I'd love to play again.

I found my horizontal case and now I'm, erm, converting it to an ATX. It was a K6-II 350 before, I'm planning to plug it to my tv, since it is CRT and it has S-Video to play some light things and old games W10 isn't capable of play.

I miss Matt Hoffmans Pro BMX and Grand Prix 3

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Definitely agree with Alyssa. Mass Effect 2 is still a game I keep revisiting. Fallout 3 has had several replays, as well. Never could get through a whole playthrough of NV for some reason.

For the record, flying through Sonic Mania on Steam at the moment. If you ever liked the original 90's Sonic the Hedgehog games for Genesis, this is a faithful tribute to those with a few enjoyable curve balls.

I also enjoyed other Bioware games like Dragon Age. The story and relationships are intense.

• 1 month later...