Why so little pics posted?

sable1

You can upload to the gallery, and use the provided BB code to put it in your post here.

You can also upload it to imgur, or direct link it here as well. example: http://www.website.com/furphoto.jpg

I can't make people post. This also isn't FFG. I can only provide the tools to do it. If you encounter errors, or need more help then feel free to ask questions.

I have wondered the same, but since I am part of the problem in having never posted pics, personal or otherwise, and have relied on the work of others to do so, I will end here. I will say this is likely to be the culprit, waiting for others to do so, and if all are other, nothing happens.

I also want to add that participation may be dropping just due to the fact that as the days go by, we’re getting farther and farther removed from the Golden era of fur.

Many of us developed our strong interest in the subject during this time or eras prior from what we saw or experienced in real life. Newer generations of the 90’s and later didn’t experience what we did with as much frequency of any at all. Any community needs a new injection of new participants for sustainability. Remember in the 70s and 80s how common it was to see a lady in fur in the media, be it a movie, commercial or TV series? Not so common now and in fact it’s discouraged (which is sad)

Now, believe me I hope I’m TOTALLY wrong in this assessment. What we can do is continue to support one another and post pics when deemed appropriate.

You're pretty dead on - that, and the fact that social media (tumblr, facebook, etc) are way more accessible than a forum. People also use instant message services like kik, and WhatsApp to trade between each other as well.

Forums are more of a hassle than just popping into a group on say fetlife, or facebook to some.

Either way - The Den is here to stay, and will be ready to accept any, and all comers to post as they please.

I have just tried to post a picture I uploaded but something has gone wrong and all I can see is a number

Message me or post exactly what you did. I’ll need more info in order to figure out why it’s not working.

After uploading make sure you're using the two marked links for posting. (see attached photo)

If you're having other issues let me know.

I'll be doing a full site update here in the coming month, or so. Waiting to get the chat room tested right so we can deploy an updated one that works better before I go doing all that.

A lot of people post on Pinterest or Tumblr, but there isn't too much social interaction as there is here.

Also.......this ain't FFG.

I also want to add that participation may be dropping just due to the fact that as the days go by, we’re getting farther and farther removed from the Golden era of fur.

Many of us developed our strong interest in the subject during this time or eras prior from what we saw or experienced in real life. Newer generations of the 90’s and later didn’t experience what we did with as much frequency of any at all. Any community needs a new injection of new participants for sustainability. Remember in the 70s and 80s how common it was to see a lady in fur in the media, be it a movie, commercial or TV series? Not so common now and in fact it’s discouraged (which is sad)

Now, believe me I hope I’m TOTALLY wrong in this assessment. What we can do is continue to support one another and post pics when deemed appropriate.

I have a different opinion to present. I do understand what you are saying and your viewpoint, but at the same time I have to personally disagree. Because I developed my strong interest in fur initially in the early 2000s, my interest postdated the demise of the Golden Era of Fur, and I have to say that just makes me more interested in it.

I think some people who were adults in the late 80s and into the 90s when fur fell out of favour (from the many newspaper archive articles I read about the demise at that time of the fur industry), think fur is still in disfavor.. but I don't see that. Imo fur has a resurgence, it has growing popularity since the time I began my interest in it in the early 2000s. But then, I don't have an earlier time to compare it with.. I can only imagine, and I can only tell you what I've noticed in this time which has formed my viewpoint.

I also have to say that I notice a very warm reception when I wear fur out and about, not only from older people in their 60s and beyond, but also from millennials, and people as young as in their teens. Just for example, when I recently purchased my new polar fox fur I wore it into Starbucks and the early 20s barista, raved over it. He just loved it. I have not had any negative responses when wearing fur in public, only positive.

Something I think about is that I believe with the growing interest in ecological and sustainable resources that the interest in fur will grow. I believe that in the future people will be more against wearing plastic based and synthetic clothing that fill the landfills and are likely not even good for our health, and more interested in natural materials like fur and silk.

I can also tell you that I was at the Fur Salon last week and the furrier echoed this sentiment. She told me they currently have 10,000 furs in storage and people buying furs increasingly. That the popularity of fur is growing.

For my part, I try to encourage this understanding and spread the knowledge about fur. I also try to spread interest in fur by wearing my furs out and about, and allowing people to grow admiration for the beautiful furs. One girl recently told me that she idolizes my wardrobe and specifically asked me about the full-length lynx I wore on Valentine's Day. Another girl in the beauty store asked me about my white fox and asked me if I could tell her where she could buy a fur coat. I spent time explaining to her about it and answering her questions. Many people ask to touch my fur coats when I'm out and about wearing them, and I do let them, though I am always hoping their hands are clean! LOL. I believe wearing furs and talking about them is a great way to obliterate ignorance about fur and encourage fur interest to grow in our society.

Anyway, that's my opinion, but I do respect the various viewpoints of others expressed here.

Edited by Guest

But boy I would love to have a time machine so I could go see what it was like being a fur fan back in the Dynasty days though. I like to watch the 1980s commercials of the furriers like Antonovich, Flemington Furs, Bloomingdales Fur Salon, etc. on YouTube and they make me want to go shopping all those places! They say things like, Christmas sale! No interest until February 1987, I love it.

This brings me to a question.. what do you consider was the optimum time period of the Golden Era of Fur?

A lot of people post on Pinterest or Tumblr, but there isn't too much social interaction as there is here.

Also.......this ain't FFG.

And thank god for that!

I too find that the younger people are the most effusive with their comments and appreciation when I wear my furs. It's getting to be late March and still temps are well below freezing. Thank you Canada for all the cold air.

The reaction of high school age people to my fur coats is definitely different today than say 10 years ago. Then, it would be more "animal killer", etc, whereas today it is pure admiration. Funny how these things change over time.

Edited by Guest