sobolini furs

sable1

I just looked up the coat from the first post on their site. They actually have really good prices. It sells for only about $2400 USD.

They don't provide any measurement details other then the length (39") So I'm guessing these coats are made to order in any size we want? Because if that is the case then $2400 for this blue frost fox jacket is just the starting price. That amount will change depending on the size of the jacket

They actually have a sizing chart in women's sizes. (Scroll down a bit at the following link). But the important parts are in Russian, and it's an embedded document, so google translate can't "see it" to translate the Russian parts, which are the important bits I'm guessing (bust, arm length, etc.)

https://sobolini.com/p770043400-shuba-blyufrosta-dline.html

If someone here speaks Russian, this would be massively helpful to us English idiots.

But I suspect you're right. Price scales up with size.

Okay, I figured this out. :P

In the link I posted directly above, if you scroll down there will be a sizing chart (in cm.). L to R, the first 4 columns are "size", "hips", "waist", and "chest". And yes, price scales with size, though I'm not sure by how much, but I suspect it isn't wild.

Okay, I figured this out. :P

In the link I posted directly above, if you scroll down there will be a sizing chart (in cm.). L to R, the first 4 columns are "size", "hips", "waist", and "chest". And yes, price scales with size, though I'm not sure by how much, but I suspect it isn't wild.

Yeah my guess is probably an extra $400 a pelt if its a medium/high quality garment. so if it's $2400 for a medium sized stroller length coat, it's probably around $3600 for a 2x or so. Which still isn't terrible for a blue frost fox. However that does look like a womens cut, so I also suspect that the price would be readjusted for labor costs since the coat has to be assembled differently if its going to be made in a men's style. Perhaps less tapered along the backside near the shoulders and armpits

Hi all,

I ordered a custom coat from Sobolini. I wanted one of their men's parkas but with different fur than what they had on their catalog. They were very helpful and I was able to choose what I wanted. It's now available in their catalog : https://sobolini.com/p692015253-parka-muzhskaya-mehom.html . It's due to arrive soon and when I get it I'll be able to let you all know what it's like.

The only problem I had was transferring the money to Ukraine. Ukraine is a bit of a political hot spot at the moment and making international payments to it raises a few red flags with banks. However, I managed to pay them in the end after answering several questions about why I was sending money to this country.

• 2 weeks later...

I've solved some of these mysteries. I've ordered the coat in the original post, a size 54. The one posted on their website is a size 46, iirc. After all costs (taxes, shipping, etc.) I'm paying ~$3500 USD, which IMO is a pretty solid deal. The coat is currently in the works and being made for me.

I've solved some of these mysteries. I've ordered the coat in the original post, a size 54. The one posted on their website is a size 46, iirc. After all costs (taxes, shipping, etc.) I'm paying ~$3500 USD, which IMO is a pretty solid deal. The coat is currently in the works and being made for me.

A size 54? That's enormous. Hell my custom blue fox is a size 50. I can't imagine what that jacket of yours will look like.

I am trying to purchase a coat myself and I am having a helluva time trying to pay. Let alone there is a huge language barrier.

Any tips?

This was a huge hurdle for me too, as I wanted to put it on a credit card (so I could rack up airline miles! ) If you don't care about the method of payment, you could send the money via Western Union. They had also set up a PayPal account, but that didn't work for me. I would just get an error message that said the retailer only takes payment through their website. But that might be worth trying still ([email protected], iirc).

In the end, they set up 4 different URLs for me for the coat I was paying for & splitting up the payment accordingly, and made the payments over a 72 hour period. I had to contact the bank for my credit card (Chase, in this instance) to make sure they'd allow the charges to go through.

Outside of that, I've mostly been in contact with Sobolini via WhatsApp. They speak English well enough that we've been able to communicate pretty well for the most part.

See that's part of it. I found the coat and they said pay half now, and then half this time next month so I said ok. They said they take PayPal, but I honestly can't read the Ukrainian to find out what to put where. I asked them to just send a request for the amount straight to my PayPal but this was discouraged as well. I've been dialoguing on What'sApp but get nowhere as the conversation just spins in circles. They want me to use something called PaySend but it seems even worse!

I think I'm going to go with furs-outlet.com. They seem to have it a little more together.

See that's part of it. I found the coat and they said pay half now, and then half this time next month so I said ok. They said they take PayPal, but I honestly can't read the Ukrainian to find out what to put where. I asked them to just send a request for the amount straight to my PayPal but this was discouraged as well. I've been dialoguing on What'sApp but get nowhere as the conversation just spins in circles. They want me to use something called PaySend but it seems even worse!

I think I'm going to go with furs-outlet.com.They seem to have it a little more together.

The PayPal acct. is [email protected], iirc, as I stated earlier.

It took me some figuring out, but you really need only a few fields on their website when ordering. I can potentially help when doing when doing so.

In my experience, companies that have little to no reputation and has these weird alternate payment methods like the kind you mention usually fills me with a little bit of trepidation. Have they offered to keep you apprised on the ordering process? Like maybe agreed to show you pictures of your coat as a WIP, Showed you monogram styles, agreed to send the coat out for a fitting...anything like that? Because I would be a little hesitant to just throw money at any company sight unseen without some kind of guarantee that I wouldn't be cut out of the transaction completely. That just seems a little shady. Red flags are already going off in my head and I didn't even order from them.

When I was transacting with them, we had a thought that some of our struggles might have been due to current political relations between the U.S. and Ukraine. But in the end, we were able to make it work.

And I would think that PayPal would be agnostic to such issues. That being said, I had to do some verifying with my credit card co. because of this.