Sheepskin rugs/alpaca

paul2809

How is sheepskin rugs??

I'd love to find one roughly 6.5feet long by 4.5 feet wide for the end of My bed on the floor b/w my cedar chest........

I've seen pictures of it inside homes

..is it super soft as it looks??

Are alpaca fur hats worth buying as well?? I'd have to find a plus size fur hat...

i have got many sheepskin rugs, merino and icelandic and they are great on bed

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have a white (ivory) 4-pelt Fibre By Auskin sheepskin rug and a few alpaca rugs that I use on the floor.  As for alpaca rugs, there are two types: suri, which is straight haired (less common and more expensive) and huacaya, which is slightly curly (most common).  Most alpaca rugs are sold as patchwork fur rugs rather than whole pelts.

I have seen both sheepskin and alpaca rugs used on floors of stores, lounges and reception rooms without any problems as both can withstand the bottoms of shoes and boots quite well. 

Of course, they're great on the bed too.  One furniture store uses double pelt sheepskin rugs on foot end of mattresses, allowing visitors to try the beds with their shoes on; and in another store, employees have used sheepskin and alpaca rugs to cover tabletops so that they can stand on them to reach high above without having to take their shoes off.

Edited by FurRugLover

I'm finding sheepskin and alpaca rugs very enjoyable recently. Both are incredibly soft, durable and washable. I've bought some Alpaca clothing, socks, scarf etc. which are lovely to wear. Looking for a big throw next.

• Like 1

I've seen alot of alpaca fur hats for the ladies being sold on etsy/ebay/poshmark apps...

I'm wondering if there any in plus size?

Okay admittedly I know close to zero about sheepskin and such, however, I’ve been seeing toscana rugs/blankets on Etsy and because my partner has a toscana shearling jacket from overland, I’ve considered getting a small one. Does anyone have any experience with this? Sorry if I get anything wrong in advance. Also sorry for barging into this thread with my own questions

yes naturalsheepskin is a great shop I have bought an octo, quad and double icelandic from there.