Open sleeves

Loveforfur

Greetings all!

Im currently on vacation and dreaming of the next fur buy for the upcoming colder months. Im a bit unsure of a design aspect I would like input about.

Back when Daria pelliccerie was in its prime for big fox furs, their coats often had sleeves that could be opened. I suspect it was with fur hooks. I think it seems like a nice design for practical reasons, but maybe it was a miss? 

Does anyone have experience with this function, and are there pros or cons with the design? 

Here’s a clip of their design:

Thanks in advance

Regards

• Like 2

I have something similar, it is a bit like a biker jacket, but then from mink.It is only for decoration, made on my request1.jpg.48ce75b0df158e5bff6fe079b8048bee.jpg2.jpg.938fbfcb197dc6983a7b52416ff50e6f.jpg 

Does it get colder inside due to the zipper? Or is it neglible?

regards

There is no effect what so ever. As long as your core is warm and you are wearing gloves at -21 degrees Celcius, I did not try this yet with the zippers opened. But I am expecting similar results, since the body is not loosing at lot of heat there.

On 7/17/2024 at 4:18 AM, Loveforfur said:

Does anyone have experience with this function, and are there pros or cons with the design? 

Not sure about the completely split open sleeve design but something that has become quite attractive is the more retro flared sleeves that have the same styling as bell bottom jeans

Daria is still around. They could probably design & make whatever you like.

dariafursitaly on IG